Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Hokie Glocker
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started walking around the neighborhood again after dinner. Been a while doing so, since usually do cardio at the gym. Carrying my G36 w/extra 17rd mag. Who else carries while doing cardio around the neighborhood/trails?

I don't want to be in a situation like the landsdowne couple were in with the wifey when she tags along .

·
Registered
16,942 Posts
I've carried on my daily walks for years.

Used to be just a little mouse gun slipped in the pocket.

About 8 years ago on one evening walk I had 7 unleashed dogs come up and start fights with my dog. (not all at once, 1 or 2 at a time) 2 of them were very large Rotty/Lab mixes. Suddenly my little .32 ACP didn't seem like enough and I started carrying a larger gun. For about 6 years it was a G36. Now it's a G17 or G19.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
(Say, where'd you get a 17 rd. extra mag for a G-36?)

Muggings could happen anywhere, and walkers can be good targets, seems like. Heard of quite a few walker-muggings.

·
Banned
15,544 Posts
XDm, spare mag, flashlight, and a big stick.

·
GTDS FOR LIFE
10,587 Posts
I walk the dog three times a day, and my G26 comes with us. It's pretty simple, out of the house it's on me. And when I'm home it's in the same room.

·
Geek
788 Posts
As soon as I get my CCW, I'll be carrying everywhere I can, legally. I'm going to try out a SmartCarry for my workout gear.

·
Hokie Glocker
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:supergrin:
(Say, where'd you get a 17 rd. extra mag for a G-36?)

Muggings could happen anywhere, and walkers can be good targets, seems like. Heard of quite a few walker-muggings.
oops i meant my g26 9mm

·
Cool Cat
12,111 Posts
Only time I don't carry is in Schools and other state restricted areas.

·
NRA Member
17,703 Posts
Yes. I actually OC'd for the first time this week. I walk the dog when it's still dark in the morning.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I definitely carry when I take my evening walks around the neighborhood. Since the only close calls I've had have been with aggressive dogs, I'm considering adding pepper spray to my EDC items.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Depending on the time of day and planned route, I'll carry. One evening, came up on a Pit bull, running loose, and didn't have a whole lot for help, should I had needed it. Then read about a mugging in what I thought was a safe neighborhood. I may carry a steel baton and/or pepper spray as a first response.

·
Registered
245 Posts
My wife and I regularly walk the neighborhood after dinner. I carry my G21sf, and she walks with her Kimber OC spray. When she has had more practice, she will be walking with her G19.

·
GTDS FOR LIFE
10,587 Posts

·
Bird Catcher
2,762 Posts
Always! Walks, grocery store, what ever.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I always carry while walking, which isn't that often. There's simply no reason not to.

My question is- does anyone carry while running?

I wear a loose Under Armour t-shirt with gym shorts when running. I can't conceive of any way to make it work with my G19, but has anyone had luck with a small pocket pistol?

·
Registered
221 Posts
One word: ABSOLUTELY

·
38,473 Posts
I always carry while walking, which isn't that often. There's simply no reason not to.

My question is- does anyone carry while running?

I wear a loose Under Armour t-shirt with gym shorts when running. I can't conceive of any way to make it work with my G19, but has anyone had luck with a small pocket pistol?
I drive. Running makes me sweaty. But if you must, there's really no way to get around a fanny pack while running unless you want to wear a holster tee shirt or belly band which makes it hard to run and not to mention you have to wash it everyday.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts