close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Walking upon a sexual assault in progress with my ccw

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Danny Mack, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Danny Mack

Danny Mack

Hey everyone I'm not new to firearms but am new to ccw, I live near one of those most dangerous cities in the world.. Chicago. And with all the crime that goes on here I am wondering what should I do if I walked up on an sexual assault of either a man or woman, can I pull my weapon? Or just try to restrain them? And if I mm able to pull it can I shoot if they won't follow my orders? Of course it would be point blank range (3ft) to make sure the victim is not harmed. I have seen lots of great info on defending yourself and others in danger but not about sexual assault cases. Please give some info

Mayes, Lee Elliott and Gunfighter001 like this.
  2. Danny Mack

Danny Mack

Ps: is it wrong that I would love to be able to stop one with my weapon and put the sick bastard out of his misery?

3. gunowner1

gunowner1

Do yourself a favor and leave your firarm at home.

4. Speleothem

Speleothem

5. Danny Mack

Danny Mack

You think that is a rediculous question? What would you do if you seen that?

Monkman likes this.
  6. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Seriously. In the Soviet Socializt Peoplez Republizk of Chicago, get on your cell phone to the local copstabulary and be a good witness.

The use of firearms, carrying CCW, and or self defense of yourself or persons unknown can land you in the hoosegow, no matter what the miscreant was doing.

Gray_Rider'
    Old Secessh

7. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

There are too many variables to deal with here. Are you witnessing a sexual assault or a woman with a '50 Shades of Gray' fetish?

Are you willing to risk you freedom by wrongly intervening? To paraphrase the blog Combat Weaponcraft: 'Getting a CCW and playing Captain America' is not a good idea.

Calling 911 should be your first notion.

8. JArthurD

JArthurD

Laws governing the use of deadly force vary from state to state. Before anyone consciously decides to CC, he/she should read all of them and have a solid notion about exactly what kind of situations would prompt the production of a weapon (which in itself, can be a crime, absent shots actually being fired). CC does not make you a LEO. -That kind of thinking will result in problems for you! -And it all usually comes down to what can be proved by way of showing that your fear of "grievous" harm was reasonable. Think about what that means. -A lot!

esanford, Gray_Rider, n2g and 5 others like this.
  9. Judge of Judges

Judge of Judges

If a person is crying , asking for help then she is probably a victim. I would draw without hesitation. I wouldn't let fear of liberals overrun LIBERTY and helping someone. I said that before and got flamed but it's still true. Luckily I live in a free state but I will always risk my life or freedom to help someone. I've done it before and would again

10. JArthurD

JArthurD

Helping others is always admirable. The decision to draw a weapon on someone should always be a well-informed one. Otherwise, the liberty you speak of could be the very thing you sacrifice for the cause.

Not criticizing, just trying to point out to folks that there is much more to CC than a laminated card.

11. Judge of Judges

Judge of Judges

I know that why I said I'm willing to sacrifice my life or freedom to help someone. Like I said I'm in a free state but even if I wasn't I'd still have to live by my own moral code which would force intervention. Though I won't even consider not living in a free state

Danny Mack and First shot like this.
  12. Danny Mack

Danny Mack

Thanks everyone for your responses and knowledge like I said I am new to this ccw and was told by my instructor ( a Chicago police officer on the south side) that any forcible felony will be justified, but wanted to know more, I didn't join this site cause I like glocks I actually dislike them, but because I seen good responses to other questions, and exactly judge of judges, I have the same mind set idc about prison if I know what I did was right, I would gladly help anyone in need! No need for the rude or making me seem dumb comments but I expected those, if I didn't have a wife and child and am only 25 yo, I would sacrifice everything for good, if I seen someone touch a animal I might lose it, because Animals are innocent creatures, humans are too smart for there own good and make me sick, we destroyed this world and will continue to do so until there is nothing left, atleast I can respect gun owner 1 just because we both stand for the second amendment but besides that your nothing

13. Misty02

Misty02

I must ask, what would you do in such a situation if you were not armed? In the majority of cases, your actions shouldn’t change much between the two (being armed vs being unarmed). Of course, that is just my opinion, others may differ.

There are exceptions to the rule, but those exceptions should be address based on the specifics at the time. We are all individuals, with individual opinions and different levels of willingness to take certain risks.

Personally, I decided to obtain a license to carry when I realized that no one (other than myself) was responsible for the safety and security of my family, and my own, of course. Other than that and with very few other exceptions, I go about my daily life as if I was not armed. Should I witness a crime I would most likely do the same thing as if I was not armed. To me that means call the police, be a witness and testify to what I witnessed.

Rarely does one know the background story and how things developed to the point we are witnessing. Could there ever be a situation where I would risk my life and/or freedom for another? It is not impossible, but highly unlikely, unless I am certain beyond reasonable doubt that what I’m witnessing involves a crime to an innocent and defenseless person that can ultimately cost them their life.

Should you take the life of another, you will be the one to live with that knowledge for the remainder of your days. It would be disastrous to learn later your actions were wrong. Take time to reflect on that.

What we don’t know about a situation could yield another that is far different than what we “believe” we are witnessing.

14. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

Chicago is a very dangerous place. There are a lot of people in the city who have firearms, many of those folks shouldn't be armed because they are either felons or they lack the common-sense needed to carry.
    For an accurate answer to this question, you should call (312) 603-1880. Ask to speak with Kim Fox, she can answer that question.
    You must be a really good shot.
    It's a dangerous world out there. You may want to stay indoors more.

orangejeep06 likes this.
  15. Danny Mack

Danny Mack

Very true and I would call 911 but if it was I that was the only person standing in the way of stopping a sexual assault I would act on it, without knowing the consequences

Judge of Judges likes this.
  16. Danny Mack

Danny Mack

Yes yo
    yes you are right about every comment and yes I trust my shot and thanks for the number I will call and ask

17. vram74

vram74

No need to intervene. liberal Ops teaches defecation techniques to thwart an assailant. I personally thinks it's a load of *%#^ but it had to work for someone, right??

18. Danny Mack

Danny Mack

And to
    and to reply to your comment I would treat my hands as deadly weapons and stomp his head into the concrete, I'm sorry if I offend anyone but people that are willing to commit such a crime do derserve to be kept alive and fed for 5-8years in prison they should be dealt with in the appropriate manner

Judge of Judges likes this.
  19. Danny Mack

Danny Mack

Lol y
    lol yea your right it had to work for someone that was being assaulted, maybe a cop was in the right place at the right time but that won't always be the case, have you heard about Brock turner? Went to Stanford raped a unconscious girl and his parents are saying he shouldn't be charged for his 20 min of fame! Two students stopped the rape, if it was me Brock turner wouldn't be able to walk anymore

vram74 and Judge of Judges like this.
  20. Robgmn

Robgmn

Avoid physical interaction at all costs when carrying.
    You lose control of that weapon and you lose the battle, and you likely lose your life.

If the situation is an obvious assault, provide some distance and draw but aim at ground. Demand VERY loudly that it stop. If the skell makes ANY move toward you, level your gun and demand VERY loudly that they stop.
    If they continue, you can defend yourself.

Be very aware of the laws in your state. You MIGHT be able to shoot to stop a felony. You MIGHT have to consider yourself in grave danger before shooting (i.e. if you're 6' 3" and the skell is 5'2" with pants around the ankles, your defense argument will not be terribly strong).

The question is: why is it this particular situation that comes to your mind, as opposed to any heinous crime being committed against a person?
    A prosecuting attorney might consider such a question to be part of formulating a defensible shooting.