Home > Glock Talk > GSSF > Waldorf Weather: Place your bet!

Waldorf Weather: Place your bet!

1. As we have seen, Waldorf only has two types of weather.
    Unbearable Heat and Soaking All-Day Rain.

What is your guess for the upcoming weekend? I think we stand the same odds as a weatherman in predicting next weekend.

I will make two roadtrip piles in my garage. One with sunscreen and sweat towel, the other with waders and raft.

Didn't someone have pictures from last year?

Dayton

2. Last year we had to have hip waders for the mud. Not much open water, but mud up to DannyR's knees (per his post last year.)

I'm betting on stupid hot.

DanH

3. Overcast, 72 degrees, light breeze, low humidity. Don't wake me, I'm dreaming a really great dream. You should see my scores.:cool:

4. Shhhhhhhh....Don't make a sound. Let Danny have this one. I hate waking up in the middle of a great one. I wonder if all Team Sidearmor members snore?;f

Dayton

5. I'm with Danny on this one, 70s and overcast, Void save your raft for the Jackson match

6. There's no doubt that a raft would of been appropriate for last years Jackson match! ;f

Glenn wants a red dot day!

7. Could be. :)

8. Jerry,memories of Waldorf, two years ago if I remember, Mother's day was on Sun.the second day of Waldorf, of course the Jersey Contingent shot on Sat., it was so hot,someone who will remain unmentioned, actually tried to knock down plates with 9s through a 40,after the ROs stopped laughing they were kind enough to give me ahh I mean the person have a hotter then hell reshot, not that it made any difference. Moral of the story,the people who shot on Sun. shot in the 70s not the 90s and shot all three stages in 30-40 minutes not the several hours it took on Sat.It's the If you don't like the weather just wait it will change.

9. I hate when that happens! :)

10. Actually,I was so hot and tired, I really didn't care.:cool: ;d ;d

11. Last year there were several shooters that waited out the Saturday rains to shoot on Sunday, only to be greated by even more rain and mud. We are due for decent weather.

12. WINDS of 280 MPH, HAIL, and THUNDERSTORMS.......oh wait , that was LAST week !! That F5 hit VERY close to Waldor in La Plata.

13. Anything that will improve my scores ! blizzard anyone ??

Mark:)

14. GoGlock;
    That sounds like Anderson 2 years ago, BRRRRRRRRRRRRR;a ;a ;a

15. Snow flurries, shooting in the dark, it was just soooo much fun!

16. Raining lead!
    Mostly "A" hits, with a scattered "B" hit possible, only a very, slight chance of a "C" hit with no "D" hits or misses in the forecast!!!!:cool:

17. Oh you are sharp today aren't you! ;f May your predictions be accurate!

18. I'll take some of that

19. I sure hope they're wrong!! >>
    Mark

Waldorf, MD
    Last updated Tuesday, May 14, at 10:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time

Forecast
    Today: Windy with a mix of clouds and sun. High near 67F. Winds WNW 20 to 30 mph and gusty.

Tonight: Partly cloudy skies. Low near 45F. Winds WNW 10 to 15 mph.

Tomorrow: Mostly sunny skies. High around 77F. Winds WNW 10 to 15 mph.

Tomorrow night: Mostly clear skies. Low around 50F. Light SW winds.

Thursday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 40s.

Friday: Afternoon thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 50s.

Saturday: Chance of showers. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the upper 40s.

Sunday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 40s.

20. From the National Weather service:

FRIDAY NIGHT...SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY. LOWS IN THE MID
    50S. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT.
    .SATURDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON.
    HIGHS IN THE UPPER 60S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.
    .SATURDAY NIGHT...A CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE EVENING...OTHERWISE
    PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.
    .SUNDAY...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 60S.

Danny, Do you have any thoughts on Friday's Big Game Numbers?;)

Dayton

21. Hey Void, you don't trust those people do you? ;f

22. I have learned not to trust them. They have cost me a few hunting and fishing trips. Stayed home and watched it turn nice. Inside of 24 hours they are pretty good. 3 days...not a chance!

FireGlock, My Am Civ gun is a 17 with factory night sights. Tuesday I played with my Ruger .22 and I like the sight picture it has better than the 17. The rear notch is wider giving more light on each side of the front post. I see custom glock racing has a custom cut Heinie sight with the same. Any of your team ever use them? What is everyone using in replacement Glock sights.

thanks,
    Dayton

23. I don't use the Heines but I think Danny does. I don't think they're the race cuts. Most of us use the Bo-mars with good results. I know that DTOM, DEJ/FL, Don at PC, McGinnes, Dr Rod, dip128 and I use them. I have found them to be very effective.

24. I have the Hinies on my 19 and as long as I remember to watch the front sight they do just fine,do have to check out your Bo-Mar Jer.but don't go by my Richmond score,I had dots on my mind.;g ;g ;g

25. I prefer the Heinie sight picture over the Bomar. Mine are stock but I plan to try a set of Matt's race cut Heinies after Waldorf.

26. Are Bomars legal? I should try a set of those if they are.;)

Just remember, the equipment does not make a shooter.;L

27. I have hienie Sights on all of my Glocks except my 2 U/L and AmCiv Glock. They are very good and give a great sight picture. I chose the Bomars on my AmCiv Glock because of the ajustability with different loads, but that was just my preferrence. I don't think you would go wrong with any of the Heinie sights. TJC makes the most important point and that is "No set of sights" can replace the value of lots of practice.

28. FRIDAY NIGHT...SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS NEAR 60. NORTHWEST
    WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 80 PERCENT.
    .SATURDAY...A CHANCE OF SHOWERS EARLY...OTHERWISE PARTLY CLOUDY.
    COOLER WITH HIGHS IN THE MID 60S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.
    .SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 40S.
    .SUNDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 60S.

Thanks Danny!

Dayton

29. Well since my wife and I are showing up I will say it is going to be a nice COOL 68 and partly SUNNY.
    See yuns guys Saturday in the am.

30. Forecast for Washington, MD
    930 PM EDT Fri may 17 2002

...Flood Watch for tonight...

.Overnight...Showers and possible thunderstorms. Rain may be heavy at times. Lows near 60. Winds becoming north 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent.
    .Saturday...Cloudy. A chance of showers in the morning. Cooler and breezy. Highs in the lower 60s. North winds 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.
    .Saturday night...Partly cloudy. Lows 40 to 45. Northwest winds 10 to

Oh joy. Just like last year. Hip waders anyone?

DanH