Waldorf Steel vs Paper

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by FESTUS, May 5, 2005.

1. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Hey guys I sent an E mail to the site co-ordinator of the St.Charles Sportmans Club attention Tony Barnett. Mr.Barnett responded saying that the club has enough poppers so the Glock M stage should be the same. They are in the process of rebuilding their plate racks and hope to have them done in time...he also suggested that they may have the paper option as well as the plate racks;f

2. glockwerkes

glockwerkes

Is he saying they would (may) have both the steel and paper options? Perhaps in different pits? That's sounds like an invitation for someone to cry foul when they tried to speed and dropped a round on the paper option. Personally, I like the feedback of the steel target. Bong, bong, bong, bong, bong, bong!......in an ideal world. The paper plates at Richmond were new to me (not better or worse, just different).

Just my opinion.

3. SocomCen

SocomCen Millennium Member

I think to play on equal ground the match should be one way or the other and not both. Personally I think I shoot the paper faster.

4. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Having the paper option and the steel option for the plates would skew the scoring.

Really bad idea!!!

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Think Richmond....

6. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

The Glock M steel poppers will remain the same...the two plate racks are being repaired...which he said should be ready for Waldorf...he ELUDED that they would have both available...I felt that this also might be hard to score as either or....anyway things could change after the Glock entourage shows up and they rule on which way to go...two plate racks may not be enough...and as one contemplates the possible disparity ...I also would imagine that this would not be an option...I also apologize for not being definitive and stating that the plates could either be Steel or Paper.

;f

7. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

Well maybe the stages (paper vs steel) are going to be like the weather. Just wait till you get there and see what you get... So, maybe the best thing to do is just be ready for anything. I kind of like that. If you go to an IPSC or IDPA match you don't know what stages will be shot. Maybe we will become a little more versatile? Albeit just a little... ;f ;a ;f

8. Glockman67

Glockman67 #29 Supporter

Interesting, IIRC, Topton last year only had two plate racks setup.

I agree, stick with either steel or paper, not both.

gman67

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Think Richmond.....

10. triggerpresser

triggerpresser

My motto is "Be Flexiable". Jerry is right "Think Richmond", we had a combination there, they usd steel on the 'M' (although it was a single static steel popper) and the paper option on the 'Plates.' So, <i><b>Think Richmond and Be Flexiable.</i></b>

11. SocomCen

SocomCen Millennium Member

We ended up shooting real steel and on the plates I was slower, but ended up shooting the match faster than I did at Richmond. And I thought I shot paper better, but what I do like about the steel is the extra rounds if you need them.