Glock Talk banner

Waldorf Roll Call & Dinner

2320 41
The match is only 12 days away. Friday night dinner at Damon's, 6:30pm. Let me know if you'll be there for dinner.

I'll be there Friday night with Ron and James Young, so that's three so far for dinner. Ray will be at the match with his nice steel targets.:cool:
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
797 Posts
Sorry to hear you won't be there. Also sent you a PM so you can disregard it.

DannyR, I know you are going. How about you? Can we meet you at the Hampton Inn for some southern hospitality in guiding us to the shoot (since we're all showing our true colors (The Blue & The Gray)

· Which is worse?
2,928 Posts
Would I speak ill of you? Why, we have shared bread together, as well as pizza and a beer or two, I trust you with Snipers life! ;f And since you obviously shoot better than me, at least with a scope you have my respect, or some reasonable faxcimile there of. ;f;f

· 17L/CarverMount
62 Posts
Are you guys saying that I have a southern accent. ;e

Hey Glen, we don't know those kind of chores any more. We are reloading,cleaning gun & dry firing these days. ;K

· Registered
700 Posts
Phil, you mean you dry fire and practice, I think that's cheatin or somthing, Jerry was right when he told me to watch out for you.

· 17L/CarverMount
62 Posts
Hell yes I dry fire and practice too. You just wait until the Richmond Results come out and you will see that I need all the help I can get. ;f

· Registered
797 Posts
I'll sure try to give them a run for their money, Jerry. Right now I am going to bed. There are some of us that have the wonderful pleasure of working on Saturdays. I have to so I can pay for my Waldorf trip. Nite Nite, now go to bed. (Now you know I have children)

· Registered
700 Posts
Actually Phil I didn't detect the slightest bit of an accent when you were explaining to me how you had never shot a real gun before and you weren't really sure which end the bullets came out of and you didn't know who put that silly yellow thing on your gunand,need I continue. Yup, Jerry watch me throw out that hook and I bet that big old nothern boy will swoller that hook rite down to his gullet.;e ;e ;e

· Registered
55 Posts
I just faxed in my registration form, just made the 1 week cutoff. I plan on attending Sunday the 19th. I registered in the civilian stock category and the stock/stockmeister category with my G17.

I'm kind of nervous, as this is my first competition. I just finished up my PPC classes today, so I am hoping it somewhat prepared me for the GSSF also. I have read over all the rules and most of the descriptions of the match in the Glock report that I recently revceived. Any other suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Is it ok to bring spectators, such as my wife just to watch and take pictures as long as they have hearing protection?

Thanks, hope to see you guys there.

· Registered
218 Posts
You won't need them! You are going to love it. Yes, bring spectators. They will have to sign a release, as will you, and have eye and ear protection. But this is a very relaxed and safe match. See the posts at the top of this forum for tips. If any of your spectators like to shoot, bring ammo for them. Very likely they will want to give it a try. On Sunday you may not need it, but bring a lawn chair for you wife. She may need it while you stand around talking Glock with the crowd. If you shoot Waldorf this year, then I will bet you a nickel that we will see you in Richmond next year. Prepare to acquire a new favorite hobby!

Oh yes, advice. Watch the shooters in front of you. Follow the Range Officers directions. Shoot slowly. Sloooowly. No, slower. Aim each shot. A clean miss will cost you 10 seconds. Aim at the wall right now for a full 10 seconds. That is a bunch of time. Aim, shoot and smile.

Some young folks normally have snacks and drinks for sale. I think they have hotdogs and such.

Best of Luck.

Dayton

· GLOCK Armorer
34 Posts
Danny,

I will try to make it for dinner Friday. However, I cannot shoot Saturday due to a wedding I must attend. I plan on shooting Sunday, will anyone be there Sunday ??

Also, it seems my membership has recently expired ( I knew I should have went for the lifetime deal !). Can I renew at the match...I believe that is not a problem but just want to confirm.

Our first child was born on April 15th so things have been quite busy around the house lately. (That's my "I missed Richmond" and my "I didn't pre-register for Waldorf" excuse ! :) )

On another note, I am now a GLOCK certified armorer ! : Woohooo!

· Super Moderator
20,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Polymer,

You may renew you membership at the match. The Jersey Four and Team Gunsmoke will be there on Sunday. Congrats on the baby and your CGA.

· Registered
5 Posts
I WON'T BE GETTING IN TILL LATE FRIDAY, BUT IF YOU BRING SOME DONUGHTS BYE THE TRAILER SAT. MORNING I WILL HELP YOU EAT THEM. EITHER WAY STOP BYE AND SEE SOME OF THE NEW GOODIES THAT CAN HELP ALL YOU GUYS STAY SHOOTING SOOOOO GOOD. BUT FOR THE REST OF US WE JUST NEED THE PRACTICE. RAY T AKA R/T TARGETS ;I

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.