Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
20,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sally and I shall be leaving Centreville, VA at 0800 hours this morning. We are hopefully bringing a new member with us. Don't let it rain!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great event! I showed up around 930 and completed 2 categories within 90 minutes. Made a good first impression on me. Extremely well organized. Kudos to everyone involved!

·
20,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, what a fine match !

The match was well staffed, the RO's were all cordial and helpful. The weather cooperated--what a change. Scott did an excellent one-man show. Food was great. Sally and co-worker Bill shot well, but my shooting was off. I seem to have lost my confidence on the plates, and the only cure is practice.

It was great to see Rodney, Jim and Kaye again.

We left Fairfax at 0830 and arrived back home at 1500, and that included a lunch break at the range and a pit stop on the way home.

I am a very happy GSSF'er. Thank you Glock, GSSF and the St Charles Sportsman's Club for a wonderful day.:cool:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I too enjoyed my Saturday at the club. The weather was great - no real hot sun, no rain and a little breeze every now and then. One of the RO's said their help was down from past years because of the threat of rain. Oh well - you do what you can do with what you have.
I shot early and didn't have a wait for any of the stages. The RO's did a fine job all around. I'd like to especially thank Jim on the 5 to Glock for his personal instruction not only this year but last year too. I'm confident the slight changes he showed me will improve my scores in the future.
Also - my hat is off to John, the armorer. Although he's never seen a G17 without a "push-pin" release he tore it down and replaced the spring and follower(?).
Scott was manning the registration table and entering scores when I was the armorer afterwards.
Thanks to ALL for a nice time at the Waldorf GSSF 2009 match - I look forward to returning and doing it all again !!

·
Registered
131 Posts
i shot on saturday. the weather held out and the traffic was moderate. the ro's did a great job as always. i walked up and shot at every stage no back ups. thank you scott , gssf , and all the ro's that volunteered their time . hope to see all of them in jackson :wavey:

·
Registered
714 Posts
I would like to thank St Charles Sportsman's Club and GSSF for a great day.
Got there mid-morning Sunday and was able to shoot three categories and out by 2:30, including lunch. For two of the three, was able to walk up and shoot all three categories without any real wait.

The RO's did a great job, its been a year since I shot GSSF and they were patient with me, I was the guy that mags kept on jamming. They gave me some tips, and one trait that I have is that I'm teachable, scores improved.

The Glock/GSSF Armorer was able to check out the weapons and SCSC served a fine lunch. I did notice that the roads have been upgraded, and despite the Show at Andrews, no traffic jams except on 495 where there was an accident on the other side of the road.

Thanks again!

--Olivers_AR

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
First off, thanks to the host club and all the ROs. They were all friendly and I felt welcome. My first GSSF event. I was really impressed. Had good online instructions from DannyR. Dr. Rodney was the RO on the 5 to Glock, very helpful. Even extended extra instructions to my buddy and I on our way out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
This was a really enjoyable trip...Lethal and I left home at 7:30 and grabbed a quick breakfast on the road; got to the match at 10; we had sprinkles on the way and traffic wasn't too bad(just around Wilson Bridge). I guess we had too much fun(?) because our scores weren't great. Left for home at 12:30ish! Thanks to the St.Charles Range for a well-run match! And to Scott and GSSF for more fun! It's always good to talk to old friends and new friends...See you all at the next match!!!

Kaye

1 - 8 of 8 Posts