Waldorf Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fireglock, May 17, 2002.

1. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

OK gang let's hear about your match! Danny's shooting so let's hear your story! ;f

An update, looks like Danny and a bunch of other people are swimming!

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Does this sound familiar?"Noah, Noah; How long can you tread water?" ;N ;N ;N Sure sounds like this match has a weather curse. Just hope everyone is safe and has as much fun as possible.

3. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Maybe it needs the name change to "Underwater Capitol Classic IX"!!!!!!:rolleyes:
    Dan;f ;a ;f

4. bushmaster225

bushmaster225

Just got back. May have shot my best so far. Slowed down a little.

Got there about 9:30 and the rain had pretty much stopped. Wind was heavy. Not to knock anyone because everyone was real nice, it just seemed like it was ran slow and a little unorganized. Jackson last year seemed the mosted organized.

Oh well now the wait for the scores.

5. ZigG17

ZigG17

I hope it's nicer tomorrow at the match for when I go.

6. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Just got back. Was a touch windy but was not raining. The path to the Glock "M" was a mud hole, but that was the only really muddy place in the whole area.

I brought a buddy from work whose wife wanted to get into shooting and she's pretty good. Not shot for a few years and has never shot a glock, but she was holding her own and I'm looking for her to be in mid-B class after this.

I think I sped up a bit on the plates but lost that with one more miss total from all the stages than I had in Richmond.

My youngest son, who decided that the G23 was too much gun for him before, decided he was going to compete this time. He did great.

The older son shot his second time (first time was in Indy last year) and he did better than I did on my first GSSF. Once we got him to quit pouting because he actually had to help load magazines, he actually had fun. Looking for him to be in the mid to high C.

My wife, two weeks after carpal tunnel surgery, saw that we had enough ammo for another shooter and held her own even with a hurting paw. She and my oldest will probably be neck and neck.

This was a great day. DannyR and a lot of Team Sidearmor were there and I saw a handful of those I'm starting to expect to see at the East Coast shoots.

Fun had by all. Everyone safe and now I've got two new shooters on the line and in GSSF.

DanH

7. on target

on target

Russ and I had a great time despite the weather; he shoot great and I hope he helped out Team Sidearmor. The match was very slow but friendly RO's. Had a great time with everybody, and met some new friends. Unfortunately had a lousy trip back took 6 1/2 hours, very bad traffic. Looking forward to NJ and watching Russ improve even more.

8. THE VOID

THE VOID

Thanks for having us Waldorf. Not bad considering how much ran had fallen. Four of us up from Richmond. All had fun. I managed my personal best: an 85. But it was in Comp. class. I shoot a 17 with factory night sights for both classes. Comp is supposed to be a warm-up. Then ready for Am. Civ. and shot a 110. It figures...if reversed I could have finally finished near the top. Thanks to all for the advise on this site. Look out Fireglock, I going to work on it before Statesville. Man I love this stuff.

Got to see HerrGlocks sons shoot. They did great! Better gun control and recoil management than a lot of seasoned shooters. I have short digital clips of these guys on the 5 to Glock. HerrGlock, I will send them soon.

Am. team scores 110, 121 & 162. That won't get a plaque these days but we had a blast.

Okay guys and gals lets see those scores. No need to wait two weeks.

All the best,

Dayton

9. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

I guess the weather scared alot of shooters off, there were more RO'S than shooters when I arrived about 10 am.
    I shot a little too fast but managed not to have any D hits or "mikes"!! my score was a 106.
    I'm a little road weary after back to back matches in the Richmond/D.C. area!
    I'll see ya in Statesville!

10. Noah Gladstone

Noah Gladstone

This was some of the best weather in Waldorf compared to past years. At least I didn't sink into the mud this year. I had the best times that I have every had at Waldorf.

11. Fireglock

Well Void, as my friend DEJ always says, "come on in, the water's fine!" ;f Glad your shooting is coming up to your expectations. But don't forget there's still a shark or two in the water even when I'm not there. We don't want to forget mcginnes and ole DTOM's going to start smacking those low numbers any match now! :)And there's another old Florida boy down here just dieing to spank a bunch of youngsters! Right Don? ;f Glad you had a good day. We'll look for you at Statesville.

12. THE VOID

THE VOID

Thanks Fireglock. I have a great repect for the dedication it takes to excel at this game. You guys work hard and it shows. I am taking my lumps in Highpower rifle shooting right now also. But it is fun and I am learning. The great thing is, when you come to the line you are only shooting against yourself. Fun & personal improvement is the key. We missed the Sidearmor bunch today (arrived at 12:30). Look forward to next time.

Dayton

13. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

You betcha there Jerry. This Old Florida Boy is working hard to be ready for the Statesville Match. Practice or get left in the dust.;f ;f ;f

14. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Fireglock!!
    WATER???? GREAT??????
    Have I missed something????? or have I been in a time warp?????
    Just Kidding!!!
    I hope that everyone had a GOOD time at Waldorf and did there personal BEST!! Good luck to the Sunday group!!
    Dan;f ;a ;f

15. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

A day in Waldorf is always a day to remember for a long time. A large group of shooters sat in the Hampton Inn lobby, watching the weather reports on TV and the wind driven heavy rains through the windows. By 8:45am, the rains began to diminish, so we all loaded up and headed out to the range. Although it was cold, windy, rainy and muddy, it was the best Waldorf weather in three years.

Although Team Sidearmor was present in great numbers, we were unnoticed due to our raingear covering our nice shirts. It seemed like a long hike from the parking lot to the 5TG stage. The RO was calling my name as I arrived, so I just stepped up to the line and shot. I should have taken a break before shooting to warm up my hands. Five D's at the 5TG was not a good way to start the day. Ron, James and I then successfully navigated the mud and obstacle course on the way to the "M." Things were moving slowly on the hill, so I got a chance to rest while being entertained by Russ the RO. What a nice gentleman. I regained my composure, but there is just no way to make up for five D's on the 5TG. The Plates stage was like an express lane-no waiting for us. I shot my best plate stage and plate string ever. I was happy to finish the match with a 143. On the way back to the car, the sun came out for almost 10 minutes.

After a brief lunch break, we went back out to check on our teammates. Stockmeister was represented by Frank Koo (72.52), Michael McGinnes (69.55) and Rodney Leeber (89.70), scoring a 231.77. Team #2 in Am/Civ, with Michael (83.31), Rodney (82.68)and Ron Young (101.40), shot a 267.39. Team #3, represented by Scott, Russell and me shot about a 389.

Overall we had a great time and a lot of fun. It was nice to meet Ruth McGinnes at dinner Friday night. There were 14 in attendance at the Team Sidearmor dinner. Sniper and his wife had a great match. Ron Young, James Young and Russell Tarabour shot their best matches ever. I had hopes of breaking 120 and winning High Senior. Guess
    I'll have to wait and try again at Statesville.

Ron, James and I stopped at "That BBQ Place" outside Richmond on the way home for our traditional meal, and kept the sauce off our shirts.

My shoes, which have survived two Waldorf Mud Festivals, will be laid to rest today.

:cool:

16. mcginnes

mcginnes Safety Officer Millennium Member

First, Ruth and I had a great time with Team Sidearmor Friday night. What a great bunch of folks. Fireglock: I got your message, and I owe you one. Maybe I'll come down to statesville and see how you like it. :)

I got to the match at about noon, and got to hang out with the team for a while. My wife and Brother finally showed up at about 3, and we all shot together for the rest of the day. By Saturday afternoon, the clouds thined and the wind died down, making for a slightly better day weatherwise. Sunday is looking to be about perfect, maybe a little chilly.

All I'm going to say is, I had a really good day, and I am already dieing to see the results. Also, Ruth had the best match she has ever had, and the hook is set a little deeper.

a 270 for Team Sidearmor? YEAH, GO TEAM!

17. Fireglock

Who me? :) You have got to know if there was anyway for me to have made the match I would have. I'm glad you had a good day. If you can make Statesville come on down. I think it would be great! ;f If you'd move back down here where you belong we could practice together and really up the ante! :)

18. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

As coach, I'm going to pull rank and transfer Michael and Ruth to the Roanoke Valley, so I can practice with them.;f

19. PhilipD

PhilipD 17L/CarverMount

We arrived (Al,Jeff & myself) at the range at about 1:45 pm on Saturday. The wind was windy and very cool but we decided to go ahead and shoot. We started on the 5 To Glock. The wait was a little long but by the time we got to The M the sun had come out and it had warmed up allot.

As for my scores.....will.....not any real smokers but U/L was a little better than Richmond & the iron sight gun was not a good StockMeister score but a whole hell of allot better than my Richmond iron sight score.

Oh will, let's just wait on the results. ;K

20. don't tread on me

don't tread on me

Hey!!! how come some of you are holding out on revealing your scores, are ya afraid GSSF might not agree with your math calculations!
    Come on McGinnes I know you took at least one course of" basic math concepts " in school.What is the big secret?????:rolleyes: