Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Why so serious?
65,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Athens man arrested after showing up to Walmart drunk with gun

ATHENS, AL - A man was arrested Tuesday after showing up to Walmart drunk with a concealed gun, police said...

...While an officer searched Solomon, he became combative and shoved the officer, causing the gun to fall on the floor, police said. After a brief struggle, Solomon was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, public intoxication, resisting arrest, carrying a pistol without a permit and unlawful possession of a controlled substance. Police said the controlled substance charge came as a result of Xanax pills found in Solomon's pocket.
He's being held in the Limestone County Jail on a $2,550 bond....

http://blog.al.com/breaking/2011/01/athens_man_arrested_after_show.html

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Respectfully, what's your point? Drunk stupid people are everywhere, It just happened at Walmart.

·
Why so serious?
65,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:laughabove:

·
Registered
30,883 Posts

·
affiant
2,732 Posts
Solomon at Athens......
Let's do the time warp again.:rofl:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Don't think he was drunk...Xanax a controlled substance? Maybe controlled in price. Anyone can get them. But alas it's the new thing for the ******** up here. I bet this guy was dating a 17yo kid as well. Wonder what problem he was causing in Walmart. Wonder what gun he had. As usual we never get the good details. If I could drive Id go up to sporting goods and find out

·
> OD Glock 32
4,431 Posts
Drunk, fat, stupid, drugged and armed is no way to go thru life, son.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Don't think he was drunk...Xanax a controlled substance? Maybe controlled in price. Anyone can get them. But alas it's the new thing for the ******** up here. I bet this guy was dating a 17yo kid as well. Wonder what problem he was causing in Walmart. Wonder what gun he had. As usual we never get the good details. If I could drive Id go up to sporting goods and find out
It's controlled in that it requires a prescription to have it.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
This guy was a plant, Alabama or Mississippi has got to get in the news at least once a week with some retard doing something retarded to help the self-esteem of the rest of the country. Just doing our part here.

:rofl:

ETA:

I think the point was that it was a time honored tradition for a new CCWer to go to walmart and get some nachos as his first "carrying adventure".

·
Registered
30,883 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Is there cheap ammo somewhere in this Wal-Mart story?

·
Why so serious?
65,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 41 Posts