close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wal-Mart First Time Carry!

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Eradik, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Eradik

Eradik

I've seen some pretty cool first time carry reports, but I am not that creative so I won't even try to copy some of the best I've read.

After being out of state visiting friends for a few days, I have returned home and upon opening my mailbox I saw that familiar handwriting on the envelope I had given the sheriff's office. I held back my excitement until I got indoors and then expressed my excitement as I ripped open the envelope and found my license.

Upon preparing for this responsibility, I inserted my Glock 23 into my MTAC IWB holster and left into the world. I arrived into the Wal-Mart parking lot and prepared to do my walk. I entered, knowing I needed to follow the steps to the letter. Unfortunately all my Wal-Mart had was a McDonalds, and due to my diet I am unable to attend (not that I could for nachos, but the point is moot :). My next stop was clothing, however due to my diet being fairly new there was not much that fit me so I was unable to acquire any garments. I was obviously not getting off to a good start.

I was dreading if this Wal-Mart was going to be out of my .40 S&W ammo, however they had plenty in stock. I purchased my 100 pack Winchester White Box and headed off to electronics. I obviously had to buy the sequel to one of the best action movies of all time, The Boondock Saints. After picking up my copy it was off to the food center. I picked up my milk, eggs, steak and a potato for dinner.

I waited in line for what seemed like forever, watched a mom buy her daughter of probably 14 a package of condoms, I promptly paid and exited with no hassle. I arrived home, turned on my movie as I snapped a picture and cooked up dinner.

Thanks everyone on the forum for all your amazing information. My Glock is my first handgun and I learned so much from Glock Talk!
    Until next time,
    -E

[​IMG]

2. mechanica

mechanica Texazonan.

A mission well done! :supergrin:

3. Glockin26

Glockin26

You'll always remember your first time :whistling:. I know i do.:cool:

4. timbob

timbob

Exemplary.

11/10 :notworthy:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  5. Spen84107

Spen84107

Job well done. Congrats! (And, nice choice on Gun and Holster.. that was my first, too---except the MTAC didn't exist back then from Comp-Tac, but same company.)

6. KING-PIN

KING-PIN

Sorry, but if no nachos were involved, it didn't count.

:tongueout:

Congrats!

7. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

It's gettin tough to find WM's w/ nacho stands... They all have Subway's or McD's, etc..

IGF

8. gunslinger3

gunslinger3 Μολὼν λαβέ

Mine has a subway. So I bought some chips ;)

9. Eradik

Eradik

Thanks everyone. It was a great experience. I even made sure to watch myself adjusting and forced myself to stop fidgeting :cool:.

We have 2 Wal-Marts here and both of em have McD. I do remember the nachos years and years ago. They sure were good!

10. SagKC

SagKC

Congrats, and great report! Wally's will never be the same!

As has been mentioned, the fidgeting will subside, unless of course your fidgeting is due to some gal buying her 14 year old daughter condoms vs. because you're afraid your G23 is printing! :shocked::wow::shocked:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  11. viniglock

viniglock

12. CWPINST

CWPINST Millennium Member

I have several model Glocks, but the G23 is my favorite all around. Small enough to hide well, plenty of firepower, and accurate enough to engage a BG at distance if needed. Best combination of attributes IMO.

13. all9justified

all9justified

Have to love the Saints. " Will you please come over here and..." "*******!" ...me in the..." "A**!" Boondock Saints 2 All Saints Day

14. jdm0506

jdm0506

Word of advice. DO NOT WATCH THAT MOVIE! Return it and just continue to watch the original. The sequel is actually in the running for one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

15. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

Congrats! And I also miss the nachos.

16. Eradik

Eradik

Already opened it. I finished it.... no where near as good as the first one, but all in all it wasn't a terrible movie. I liked it. Probably could of just been a rental, but it was good enough that I don't regret the purchase.

17. glocknbruce

glocknbruce

great experience....now the NEXT test is navigating the restroom in public when you gotta do a number two :)

18. Lockback

Lockback Polymerlicious!

Carrying a gun in Wal-Mart: America's New Rite Of Passage. :rofl:

19. mikeyU

mikeyU

Good call dont know what kinda beings you will see at tard mart. Think my 1st day was there as well.

20. jeager

jeager

Is that a GLOCK you are printing or are you just looking at the 14 year olds Mommy?