close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wal*Mart Ammo Search

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by tarpleyg, Feb 26, 2010.

1. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

Have we had a WM thread today?

Anyway, I have hit 4 different stores in 2 days looking for any WWB in 9mm. Nope, nada, zilch...stuff simply does not exist anymore I guess.

A couple of the stores had a few boxes of 50rd .45 and .40 though...I left them on the shelf since I would rather put the money toward the 9mm if I can find any.

A local gun shop has plenty of 9mm in stock but at $24/50rd...robbery I tell ya!!!

I plan on swinging by Dick's on the way home to see if they have anything.

Greg

2. TimP

TimP 1 Proud Infidel

what part of NC. All the walmarts I go to typically have plenty of ammo.

3. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

My WalMart had .40 & 9mm, but no .45.
    I got a hundred rounds of each.

4. farmer-dave

farmer-dave

They've got some in Salina Kansas. I would have bought some but I was buying automatch .22 instead, hate their 6 box limit.

5. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

I checked my local WM yesterday and (as usual) they did not have 9mm ammo. Just a couple of boxes of Remington .40s&w and a fairly good supply of Winchester Supreme Elite .40s&w and .45acp.

6. alexanderg23

alexanderg23

Fayetteville, Ar 15 miles from WMT home office in Bentonville, Ar shelves are stocked, w/ 9 40 45, plus all the 550 packs of Rem. Goldenbullets for $16, that you would want.

7. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

Plenty here ..... how many cases you want?

8. Messer

Messer

I stopped by the local WM last Wed. - they had a dozen 100 round boxes of WWB 9mm for $20.50/box - I bought 6.

I went back on Sat. - not a box to be seen.

The local gun shop sends all their employees down when they hear WM has ammo, and cleans out the place - then they mark the 100 round 9mm's up to $32.00. They claim it's cheaper to buy it from WM than it is from their regular ammo distributor. :dunno:

It's all in the timing - ask when they get their shipments - stop in when they do.

Take care,
    Bob S.

9. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

My local Walmart had a decent amount of ammo recently. WWB and Federal 9mm, same for .40S&W, some .357sig, .357mag, .44mag, .223. No .45 or .22 though.

10. RichJ

RichJ

Little Rock stores now regularly have eight or nine boxes of 9mm WWB 100 for $20.96, and a few 50 rd. boxes for $11-ish.

I generally see a couple of boxes of Federal .40 and every once in a while some WWB .45, I don't shoot those calibers though so I don't pay close attention to the prices.

Three days ago I picked up some Hornaday .243 for $22+ tax. I felt good about that purchase.

11. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

Raleigh/Apex/Cary

If you're serious, 1000 rounds...you ever shoot down at The Range?

Greg

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  12. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

La Grange Tx had 9mm .40cal and .45 acp all when I was there a few weeks back.

the local store(s) in Ga have regularly had nothing, zip nada, not one box but plenty of empty shelf.

Walmart has efed our sporting goods department up so much with the recent store remodel that I just about refuse to go in there anymore.

It is all part of their long term plant to go the "kmart route" with firearms and ammo sales

13. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Plenty of 9mm WWB lately at my local store in N Olmsted, OH. Picked up a few 100rd boxes a few weeks ago, and they have had more in since then. Was like 12 boxes in there a few days ago.

14. Seawolf

Seawolf

I spoke to a manager from Walmart who told me that they are ordering all the ammo they can, but the real problem is since walmart has not increased their prices on ammo they end up getting the leftovers from the manufacturers.

It makes since if you think about it. If you sold ammo to retail stores and the demand was high you would give your ammo to the places that charged the most to get the most to make the most profit. It's clearly exploiting the high demand market, but you can't blame them. As long as WE are willing to go and spend almost double the price for a box of ammo then they are going to keep selling it for that much.
    When the demand starts slowing where there is a surplus in supply then prices will come down, but I don't see prices coming down for at least another year or two or until the next election.

It doesn't help having gun shops buying up the walmart ammo and jacking the price up by as much as $20 a box either. I caught a local shop doing this and I don't shop there anymore.

15. tango44

tango44

A few boxes here in FL.
    A Wallyword that is close to the Sawgrassmills in plantation hasd a few boxes left!

16. Tailhunter

Tailhunter Glockman

pm sent

17. motorcyclist

motorcyclist

On the way home yesterday I stopped at a Walmart and bought 3 boxes of Federal .40s&w 180gn. at $13.97 a box. They had WWB for $15.97 a box. No 9mm, no.45acp, no .38spcl.. They had WWB 115gn. 357mag at $28.97 a box. I'm out of .357mag except for 20 rounds of Gold Dot and just couldn't bring myself to pay that for WWB. Looks like amunitiontogo will get another order soon.

18. tarpleyg

tarpleyg

19. bb85cc

bb85cc

walmart here has pretty much every thing but .380 in stock and has for some time now

20. PA1911

PA1911

I snagged the one box of 9mm WWB at my local Wally World. They did have two boxes of 45ACP WWB and 3 boxes of 250Round Value Pack Remington UMC. I was low on cash and I have plenty of 45ACP so I just grabbed the 9mm.