close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wake County EMS (NC)

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by obxemt, Dec 30, 2006.

1. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

Opinions, information, hiring chances, or anything else you'd like to offer would be great.

I know they present themselves as a progressive and aggressive system and are proud of themselves, but I worked for a PD which presented itself the same way when in actuality it was no diffrent (if not worse) on the inside from any other agency. I know the same nonsense goes on everywhere, some places are just better at hiding it and focus more on the job. Are there better EMS agency options in the triangle area?

I'm looking at graduate school in the area so I'm asking for my paramedic wife.

Thanks!

2. Walking Softly

Walking Softly

Obxemt,
    The following is my opinion, and my source is a good friend who is a Wake CO Paramedic

They're a North Carolina "model EMS system", they pilot and adopt new interventions. Also, the medical director is involved in all aspects.

Now the down side they have some very poor HR policies, and gangs have threatened EMS personnel. Hopefully both situations have improved.

Wake County NC... In my opinion they're the best EMS agency on the east coast. Excellent patient care, good working conditions and municipal benefits. If I lived there I would not hesitate to work for them.

3. DepChief

DepChief Get Tous's Rope

How about Dare Co. EMS and commuting? I hear they pay better and would probably hire your wife as long as she dosen't use you as a reference!

:rofl:

Happy New Year, dont be a stranger and you still owe me dinner!

4. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

You DO have a telephone, correct? As I recall, I initiated at least the last dozen calls. 369 doesn't even call me anymore. But that's ok, I remember you both in prayer daily.

I do still owe you dinner; or, perhaps you could view it as a tithe...better yet, an indulgence! Just forget that they were declared a heresy several centuries ago. :hugs:

5. Rinconjoe

Rinconjoe

Well as someone who works as a full time Paramedic in North Carolina.
    I can tell you it is a very aggressive and well organized system, a system most medics would be proud to work in, my current system used to be that way and can tell we have lost quit a few medics to wake county . Our system as well as others is great system, but with modern technology and advancement is what wake county could offer you.
    There pay isn’t any better than ours, but its does have its advantages.
    My self I am going to stay right hear in more county , first there are several reasons, one being my length of time is close to retirement time, second we don't do inter hospital transfer and very few Doctor offices runs , most time if we do its from dr office to hospital . We don't transport to clinics. So mostly we do scene calls both in city and country. You should give us a look we have some opening now due to fact we adding another shift and more trucks.
    http://www.moorecountync.gov/main/page.asp?rec=/directory/directory_search_options.asp

6. obxemt

obxemt Chaplain of CT

7. obxprnstar

obxprnstar Goth Lover

Ahhh, the old 369 days.

And if anybody owes you a dinner, it's DC13... Wait, last time he bought your wife had a baby.... so maybe we should hold of on that one for awhile.

8. DepChief

DepChief Get Tous's Rope

If free food makes her have babies, Obxemt is in a lot of trouble!