WA State Sues Trump ??

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Khufu, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Khufu

Khufu Pharaoh

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...awsuits-over-immigration-executive-order.html

A liberal state suing President Trump over immigration doesnt shock me.

But I think President Trump just out-crazied them (in a good way). They are just too easy to sucker in. Its like there was a bear trap with a donut in it. And a neon sign pointing it out saying "its a trap".

Think about this. Last week he stated that he is going to cut funds to sanctuary cities. That got the libs all fired up. Their argument is that immigration enforcement is a Federal responsibility and not a state or local issue.

So, what do you do if you are POTUS. You set the bear trap. You really get them fired up with a 120 moratorium. And what do the Liberal do? They sue you in Federal court trying to say that immigration is a State's right/issue.

Do the Libs not see that they have just been suckered in?

Mtnfolk75, F14A, Jamie Haley and 2 others like this.
  2. pgg00

pgg00

The governor and attorney general of Washington are idiots.

Deltic, Csv, Macc283 and 3 others like this.

3. steve4102

steve4102

Classic Trump.

F14A likes this.
  4. p.d.

p.d.

I agree with your entire premise. The problem, as I see it, is that these people have no problem arguing both sides of the same issue. Schizophrenia as public policy is fine by them.

slhfarm likes this.
  5. Wayward Son

Wayward Son

My guess would be no.

F14A likes this.
  6. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sometimes the obvious answer is just that; Superdave Inslee and his AG are dumb as ****.

pgg00 likes this.
  7. pgg00

pgg00

Unrelated.

Remember to contact your reps as well. The assault weapons ban bill is Thursday

Berto likes this.
  8. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

WA will lose. I think they know that, but are just trying to gain some leftist credibility. I expect a lot of this silly behavior from the left in the next four years.

Deltic likes this.
  9. Berto

Berto woo woo

Yeah, good thing our AG cares so much about the Constitution eh?

pgg00 and steve4102 like this.
  10. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

WA is not a "liberal state". It's a diverse state being driven by one leftist city. Seems like a guy from CO would get that.

Deltic likes this.
  11. steve4102

steve4102

Maybe, but looking at the voting statistics in WA vs Gun Owners in WA, we find a different story.

WA has a population of about 7,062,000.

Of that population, 33% own firearms, that's 2,354,000 gun owners in WA.

I-594 passed with 1,242,734 (yes) and 853,990 (no), for a total of 2,096,724.

If we assume that all (no) votes were gun owners, then we have about 1/3 of the total Gun owners in WA voting against this ballot initiative, while two thirds stayed away.

Not much of a "Voting Block" is it.

Sad when we sit on our ass, do not fight/vote at the polls, then ***** that is is somehow demographic or someone else's fault.

12. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

2 separate issues. Lazy people come in all colors. WA has more activism on the Left, and it's mostly in Seattle.

13. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

How, exactly, does the state of Washington have standing for a lawsuit?

Walt622 likes this.
  14. steve4102

steve4102

And those outside of Seattle did what, to stop I-594?

Nothing comes to mind, but many a WA gun owner were right there with both barrels blaming organizations like the NRA for not stopping i-594 while they sat home on election day waiting for someone else to fix the problem.

Almost (3) Million gun owners in WA and less than 1 Million even took the time to vote (no).

Sad, very sad, What is even more sad is that the blame game continues and they blame the big city liberal instead of the real culprits that actually had the opportunity to stop this but were "lazy".

15. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

Yup, the "gun culture" is mostly too dumb to get out of its own way. The fact that US citizens can even own guns is testament to the power of our constitution - it sure as hell doesn't come from modern gun people.

16. peng

peng

The left may catch on at some point that his seemingly random and quick actions are actually well thought out. But, until they do it is fun seeing them react - it's like living with a Chihuahua.

17. ARP

ARP

Classic ploy of a liberal, argue two completely opposing positions at the same time.

18. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

The Governor of Washington State, Jay Inslee, was ranked THE most liberal governor in the entire nation by the Huffington Post. Inslee was one of the major co-sponsors of the Clinton-Swineslime AWB of 1994 and the next year he got voted out of office in his central Washington district so he moved to the Liberal West side where he resumed his law practice and rn for governor i1996 but lost.

After Inslee's failed 1996 bid for Governor, Bill Clinton appointed him regional director for the United States Department of Health and Human Services. In 1999 he ran for congress again in a more liberal district and won. Then in 2012, he was elected Governor and was re-elected in November 2016.

I campaigned for his opponent and tried to organize people in the gun community to go all out trying to defeat Inslee but no one was interested. Gun owners in Washington State are a bunch of lazy slugs and in my opinion they are even bigger idiots than Inslee because they didn't do JACK to try to vote him out of office.

End Rant.

19. pgg00

pgg00

I did what i could. I voted and talked to everyone i could about what we were facing. But i agree, alot of people just have the attitude of there is nothing we can do so why bother

20. Csv

Csv

WA is full of stupid leftist ****tards. The spit I have been seeing here, day in and day is boggling. Try and read comments on locals news stations Facebook stories, people wishing death on conservatives, pouting, name calling. It is ridiculous. Jay Inslee is a POS, AG as well.

We have a huge hill to climb with our guns rights here. A worse than CA style ban is coming down the pipe.