VT, shooting

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by .45 Combat, Apr 19, 2007.

1. .45 Combat

.45 Combat

Hi, I've been out of school awhile now. But what does everyone think of the shootings that happened just recently?

2. nehpets99

nehpets99

naturally it sucks, it's tragic, and naturally everyone's up in arms (sorry for the pun) about guns. were carrying concealed made legal on university grounds and ok with school policy, i'd save up the $$, buy a carry piece, and start carrying. my university is not unlike VT in the sense that there's not a lot of diversity, and should anything happen i can imagine a lot of the airhead students here just being mindless and letting themselves be executed. now, i wasn't at VT when everything went down but i'd have to believe that many of them just sat in class and were executed. no one's talked about the people that were shot in the back because they were running away, sadly no one tried to use their books, desks, pens, etc. as weapons. after columbine i thought of exit routes for every single one of my classes. i kinda did the same this week but i also started thinking about how i could do anything to stop further losses of life should the SHTF at my school.

my $.02

3. .45 Combat

.45 Combat

It sounds like you've got the right idea. I e-mailed one of our members who lives in Israil, and is a law officer, his take is that if the same attack happened in his country and in their schools there would of been a cross fire taking place. A conceal carry in their school was an option, but was stopped, so VT became shooting ground. Good luck.