Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,089 Posts
Became our new issue gun last year. LOVE it. They've really improved it this year. Figures.

I chose the button mag release. Never could get used to the Euro one after so many years muscle memory for the buttons.

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,553 Posts
I’ve got one and some extra mags. I like it, but it’s getting a little heavy for this old man. Might sell it.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I've shot a buddy's pretty extensively. 500 + rounds?

GREAT ergonomics imo. Accurate. Reliable.

And didn't do anything better than my G19 that I already owned (and am very satisfied with) with about a bazillion magazines, sights, holsters, etc.

If I were starting from scratch, this or a Steyr M9 series would be in the running. Very nice pistols but...have zero need or want for more polymer 9s (or 40s, 45s, etc).

Just my $.02.

·
Fightin' Fire
2,069 Posts
I had a couple VP9's and also a VP40. They were just a natural POA for me and I shot them surprisingly accurate.
I got rid of each one as they were the only pistols I ever shot that gave me the "finger sting". I probably still haven't learned my lesson as I will pick up another at some point. I'm not really much into grinding away to eliminate part of the channel.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about the reported finger pinch. Even Hickok45 talks about it. Has it been fixed with the 2020 model?

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
They are a very good striker fired polymer,
I had one, it suppressed well,was very accurate and reliable.
With little effort the triggers can be easily tuned.
If you decide to customize, I would recommend the Lobos Trigger shoe.
Good luck!

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I bought one when they first came out. I can’t think of anything bad to say about it. I traded mine because it was too big for me to carry and I have too many range guns. Capacity was low for the size. I put a couple cases of FMJ through it without issue. I never experienced the finger pinch issue with it.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
What about the reported finger pinch. Even Hickok45 talks about it. Has it been fixed with the 2020 model?
I’ve had mine since 2014, no finger pinching. I have other pistols but the VP9 is one of my main shooters.

·
Banned
6,432 Posts
A PIA to do a complete dissasembly and clean!
The slide stop lever is too large and I put my thumb on it all the time, causing the slide not staying opened when out of ammo!

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Though I have personally not verified this it has been reported that this was resolved with the button magazine release model of the VP9 in that HK supposedly did away with that grooved raised area at the base of the trigger guard that has caused trigger finger pinch with some shooters. Maybe some one else can conform or deny this?

BTW I adore my HK VP9 and no complaints. Target from shooting at 50 feet at casual pace of a round about every 1-2 seconds. I noticed I was shooting left after the first six rounds, so I increased my strong hand pressure on grip and the rest of shots moved to center.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I sold mine.

I didn’t like it though, just not enough to keep it. Polymer just isn’t my thing, other than to carry.
Based upon your prior posts, as well as the context here, is it accurate to say that what you meant to post was:
"I didn't not like it though, I just didn't like it enough to keep it".

Or (to remove the confusion of multiple negatives), "I liked it okay, but I simply didn't like it enough to keep it.".

Not trying to nitpick or create angst, just helping the OP get to the correct info (some forum members hold more sway than others, right?).

Reactions: spork

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
I had a couple VP9's and also a VP40. They were just a natural POA for me and I shot them surprisingly accurate.
I really love how the VP9 fits my hand. It and a SIG 225 just fit, point, and shoot so effortlessly! I love it. I like the paddle releases.

It has been a solid, reliable gun. My only prior complaint was that for a gun this size a 15-round capacity seemed low. With the added capacity (17) of the new magazines, they addressed the only gripe I had.

Some are reporting trigger finger issues, but I have never had an issue.

In answer to your question, I do like it. Therefore I have no potential negatives to add for you to ponder!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sold mine.

I liked that trigger broke in more middle than all back.
I liked the slide being relatively low.

I did not like the trigger compared to a PPQ.
I did not like the mag release being smaller than the PPQ.

I like the PPQ better. Meh.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I also like the PPQ better but I have neither now.
My new favorite Polymer strikers are the M&P 2.0 models now.
Would like to handle a Masada.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts