VP9 vs P30

Discussion in 'Heckler & Koch Forum' started by Gnocchi, Sep 24, 2020.

1. skl1

skl1

The "HK will hate you" marketing parody reminds me a little of the write ups on the origin of the Jeep 4.0L engine that went around on the Jeep/4wheel/car boards a number of years ago. People are clever. And funny.

Argee likes this.
  2. JGIORD

JGIORD

Much harder to put a red dot on a hammer fired gun vs striker and a lot more expensive.

3. Argee

Argee

I'm old school....open sights for me...not an optics fan.

chemboy, James Dean and Deputydave like this.
  4. bac1023

bac1023

The P30 always felt like better quality to me

A-Train and Argee like this.
  5. G19Gilly

G19Gilly

It's interesting that I stumbled upon this thread just now.

I currently have my VP9 for sale on GB, as it is my least favorite of USP/P2000/P30/VP9, and I would rather have the money invested in a 19 that I don't already have.

Having said that, I was at the range yesterday with my P30 and my gen 5 model 19. The P30 is very, very nice....but in my hands, nothing holds a candle to a Glock 19. After shooting the P30 (with TFO sights), I walked back shaking my head. After shooting the 19 (also with TFO sights), I walked back with a large grin, hitting the plate 14 out of 15 shots, rapid fire.

That's not a knock on the P30. But sometimes you really need to stick with what fits you best. If you have access to a local range where you can rent the HK's, I recommend try before you buy.

METS likes this.
  6. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Although I have a G19.5FS, and like it quite well, I'm the opposite as I'd chose a P30 over it every time. But I prefer a DAO or DA/SA over a striker-fired pistol. And the P30 grip feels way better and has the ability to be customized to the shooter, something Glock has always lacked for the most part. In terms of quality, I'd have to give the nod to HK. Aftermarket goes to Glock but I don't use it except for night sights. Durability is a toss up as either is capable of going the distance.

JMag and G19Gilly like this.