VP9 multiple failures

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Staffordshire, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Cambo

Cambo

A question (I know you are a cop): Why are police always exempt from gun control laws? This isn't cop bashing, I am genuinely curious.

2. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

If it was a VP9 exhibiting errors, it would seem to be highly unusual. My VP9 has been quite reliable. I suspect if she had shot a Glock (or whatever) she may have seen the same, and if someone else (you, RO, etc.) had shot the VP9 it would have been perfectly fine. Having said that, you never know. It could be a dud, or someone could have cleaned it and made some really creative goof in putting it back together for all we know (used a paper towel to clean the gun, and left "Bounty Bunnies" clogging the frame rails or something nutty... crazier things happen!).

A lot of folks are weighing in to say the VP9 is a reliable gun. Unless demonstrated otherwise, I would suspect shooter over gun. The VP9 is normally quite fine.

3. fastbolt

fastbolt

Sending you a PM, Conversation or whatever the hell it's called now. ;)

Cambo likes this.
  4. JBP55

JBP55

Never had any issues with any of my VP9/VP9SK pistols.

5. fastbolt

fastbolt

FWIW, the VP series seemingly wasn't intended just as a marketing move to add another budget plastic pistols to the US market, but resulted from a request from a European agency for a new striker fired police service pistol.

The US saw the gun released about 2014, which means it's been on the market an ample amount of time for any of teething pains to have been worked out.

Now, whether it can find a strong toehold in the US LE/Gov market remains to be seen. The excellent P99/PPQ series has long languished when it comes to US LE/Gov interest. We can be weird.

6. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

That would have worked fine...but I understand...when I am at a public range ( seldom) I try not to be "That" guy...but I often cringe at what I observe

7. Adam5

Adam5

The one I had ran like a top with any ammo. It was pushing about 7500 rounds when i sold it.

8. grecco

grecco

Haha!
    They wanted to induce limp wristing not a kaboom!

9. Staffordshire

Staffordshire

I thought about asking them, but didn’t. The young lady did not appear upset or frustrated which is kind of odd. You would expect some level of frustration with that many failures.

How about this. Maybe they were dummy rounds that Dad had loaded on purpose so that she could clear a malfunction??? Perhaps she was dumping them on the table so as not to lose them for future training. But it didn’t appear that she was going click and then dumping. It looked to me as if the slide didn’t fully close.

Lt. Donn likes this.
  10. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

Kudos to dad if that was the case...many are unaware of the value of the old Ball-N-Dummy drill to help cure a "flinch"...all things being equal, I think your first impression is the most likely; it was simply a malfunctioning platform, brought about by improper technique. And who knows, perhaps you will see her at the range again someday...?