close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Voting by SS#

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Spiffums, Oct 5, 2012.

1. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

Why should you not be charged? Having a right to do something is not the same as having a right to do it for free.

2. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

24th- The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Damn. :steamed: There goes my favorite "if you don't pay taxes you should not get a vote in electing those who will decide how to spend those taxes" argument. :embarassed:

Seriously, though. We have gone overboard on extending voting rights. And encouraging the politically disconnected (the low-information voter the pundits keep referencing) to get out and vote is just irresponsible. Making voting easier does the same. Encourage them to pay attention, voting will follow as a result. Of course some people are deeply into politics and still vote to further grease the skids.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012

3. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

But, you do NOT have to show ID to vote with an absentee ballot in Florida. And, since you do not have to show ID to register to vote ... do the math.

4. ca survivor

ca survivor

OMG, they vote ? :rofl:

5. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

I agree...here's some changes we should make

5th amendment - If you don't want police to search your car for no reason, you should pay them $100.

6th - If you want a speedy trial, you should have to pay for it. Poor people should rot in prison before they get a trial.

13th - Slavery...bring it back! Don't want to be a slave? Pay up!

6. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

Well, that's pretty much how it works in real life.

If you don't want the police to search your car, you better be able to afford the legal expenses your refusal will incur.

Having bail money may not make the trial any speedier, but at least you will be waiting for it in the comfort of your home.

Slavery... I'm not ready to open that can of worms yet.

7. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

It won't work. If you want to keep illegal aliens from voting, it won't work at all. How many of them have taken someone else's SSN and identifty to try to work here illegally and then try go gain a benefit by stealing an identity. Lots of them.

8. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

That SS# was never supposed to be used for anything but SS. Now it's the "Taxpayer Identification Number" and was even used on some driver licenses.

I used to roll lots of coins from a soda vending venture and the bank tried to make me put my SS# and account # on each roll. I told them to buzz off!

I would resist any further use of our SS numbers for identification.

Flash

9. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

At least we know where you stand.