close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vote Like Your Lady Parts Depend on it - Obama

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by redbaron007, Oct 2, 2012.

1. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Let me find a camera....

2. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Pro-life people live in a magical dream world where you can make abortion illegal, eliminate welfare and teach kids to keep it in their pants until they're married and everyone will just wake up a responsible upstanding citizen the next morning.

3. Rupert

Rupert

Nobody's happily skipping off to the abortion clinic. It's a horrible choice for one to make, but one they should be free to make for themselves.

4. Yankee2718

Yankee2718

That has nothing to do with abortion. There are provisions in the current health care legislation that affords low cost or free prenatal screening, breast cancer exams, pap smears, etc... Romney's healthcare plan is supposed to eliminate those provisions. That's the context of the ecard was about.

5. canis latrans

canis latrans

and PAY for themselves?

6. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Define "they", and under what circumstances "they" should be able to make that decision.

Should a 14 year-old minor be allowed to get an invasive medical procedure (abortion) done without their parent's consent or knowledge?

What about a healthy woman in her eighth month? Should she be free to get a partial birth abortion of a healthy, late-term, unborn child with full brainwave activity?

As they say, "The devil is in the details."

7. IQof1

IQof1

I didnt have an opinion on this until an old girlfriend aborted my child. i didnt find out til weeks later that she had even been pregnant.

i sometimes find myself lost in thought about what that child wouldve been like. i dont "miss" him but, i do feel a wierd emptiness when i think about it. especially now that i have another child.

8. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Yes.

Yes.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  9. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Are republicans telling women what to do with their bodies?

10. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

What if the guy doesn't want the baby? Maybe he can choose to abort it too? Without the mother's consent of course.

11. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

What about men? Do they get free exams for prostate cancer etc? And if so, why wouldn't there be a card to say "vote like your man parts depend on it?"

12. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

So even though a 14 year-old can't legally vote, serve in the armed forces, drive or get so much as a tattoo without parental consent, in your mind they should be able legally get an invasive medical procedure done to themselves, a procedure that involves risks to both their physical and emotional health, without even informing the parents who are legally responsible for them, their safety and their actions in every other aspect of their lives?

Where is the ethical or moral consistancy in that?

13. racerford

racerford

Forget moral and ethical, what about legal. They cannot consent for any other surgery. They cannot be operated on without the consent of a parent or guardian, absent an emergent situation. A pregnancy is not an emergent situation.

14. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

And yet it is legal in some states for minors to do just that.

In the name of "choice", some areas of the country have actually gone so far as to eliminate the judgement, life experience and maturity of two responsible parents and replace it with the decision making of a frightened minor on an irrevocable decision that will impact them emotionally, and possibly physically, for the rest of their lives.

Go figure...

15. frank4570

frank4570

Then they will get an illegal abortion. Just like they always have.

16. Yankee2718

Yankee2718

I actually think there is a whole list of exams that are afforded to men. I can't be 100% sure what they are, but I think they are in there. That is what the card is all about. Cosmopolitan magazine i think it was recently had an article about it.

Some of Romeny's ideas about medicare and medicaid are scary. His idea to not provide it to young people when they age is a mistake. If the medicaid market moves completely towards the private sector we will end up in the same dilemma we are with regular health insurance. Sure, folks that are wealthy can afford to switch health plans more easily than working folks, but the majority of us are stuck with whatever our employer offers us, or whatever we can afford to pay every month.

Removing all government control of the insurance industry could result in insurance companies taking your premium money and fighting you tooth and nail when you get sick. I went through that when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. They didn't want to pay for all the treatment, stating that chemotherapy and radiation wasn't necessary. My mom is alive today simply because my father is a lawyer and told them where they could go stick it. (1999)

I have a very close friend that has cerebral-palsy. He is trying like mad to get a job, but no one will hire him. He has literally been trying for almost 2 years since he graduated college. He currently has private insurance and medicaid. His private insurance doesn't pay for nearly enough of his expenses and medicaid picks up the rest. One of his power wheel chairs costs in excess of $20k. I'm not making that up. If medicaid goes away, people like him would be totally screwed. Here is a man that is trying his hardest to be a productive member of society, earn a living and support himself, but no employer will hire him because of his disability.

I think that the every day American needs to ask Mitt Romney some serious questions about his healthcare and tax plans. He talks about doing away with a good deal of tax breaks. Many of those tax breaks directly impact the middle class. I don't know about you, but paying an extra $500-1000 in taxes every year, compared to deducting $1500 results in a net increase of $2K! That's a lot of money for a $39k a year salary. And no, I'm not making all this up. My father is a trust, estate and tax lawyer, he's keeping close tabs on the tax issues.

Read this article on the taxes Mitt paid. Mitt Taxes

17. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Nobody is trying to ban prostate exams. HH

18. RichardB

RichardB Silver Member

Owners of firearms discussing the morality of killing. We are a complicated species.

19. Yankee2718

Yankee2718

I agree. Even thought this ecard has nothing to to with abortion directly, everyone automatically assumes it does. If a woman really wants an abortion she is going to find a way to have one.

I think banning abortion just puts people at risk. You will have women making false claims of rape to get their abortion covered, then when the abortion is over, they won't cooperate with police any more. It will turn into accident reports for fender benders. You get knocked up and want an abortion- call police, say you got raped in a back alley by an unknown man, get case number, have abortion, the end. I can easily see this happening.

I think it will also put women at risk from having underground abortions. We just need to face it. Abortion is a part of society as much as we might not want to admit it, it is. There is a separation of church and state for a reason. This is a prime example. I don't believe in abortion, but I don't let my personal views and beliefs impact my legal ideas.

20. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Abortion is one of those issue that people are very fixed, opinion wise.

I don't understand the people who can look at abortion and not see it as an unjustified killing.

And, I am sure the people who do support abortion, cannot understand why I see it as an justificed killing.

There really are two different species of human beings out there, trying to live together. We look the same, and talk the same, and can even breed, but we are very different in the ways that count.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012