close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vote Like Your Lady Parts Depend on it - Obama

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by redbaron007, Oct 2, 2012.

1. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

Ok, I admit that was a sort of off-the-cuff idea (and thankfully I'm not the one that would have to come up with the solution) and not the best (even "retarted" as was stated above). There are already other solutions out there (that "plan b" pill that Kalashnikev was talking about, for one) much better than what I suggested.

I would like to keep the idea of gutting the rapist and selling his organs, with the money going to the rape victim though, if I may.

But even leaving abortion in as an option for rape victims and medical necessity (which I stated in another post I would not be opposed to), what gets me is when women get pregnant due to their own actions (ie not rape) and think of an abortion just because the child is not "convenient." It may be one of those areas where principles have to give way a little to common sense.

Edit to Add - I stated this right below the section you quoted - fifth paragraph (counting the single sentences). It starts with the statement "In reality".

All that said, your analogy is at least as stupid as my idea.

In any case - nothing will change so not really worth talking about. In the past 32 years there have been 20 years of Republican presidents (the side that would typically be in favor of a ban) and nothing has happened, and it won't.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  2. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I dont believe in abortion as birth control.

That said, I also believe that in some cases (i.e. rape and medical necessity) it is not immoral.

But what you must realize is that for many (especially men) there is no middle ground. It is black and white. But I promise if men had to go through what women do with a pregnancy, I highly suspect they may view it differently.

3. Sharkey

Sharkey

Geez, would you quit with the logic.

So a prez. that favors partial birth abortion and saddles the next generation with a massive amount of debt IS for women's rights? Uh huh.......

You know if Clinton ran again, I think the e card slogan would apply much better. He likes lady parts.

4. Sharkey

Sharkey

Sadly, the majority that get abortions don't think like that.

That is a pretty small percentage actually. Even though I'm a Christian conservative, I'll go along with you in theory.

Well many men pass kidney stones so let us call it even. I know it sounds simplistic but if women don't wanna get pregnant, they could keep their legs closed or pay for contraceptives.

5. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

I agree on these stances.

Unfortunately, dbcooper brings up a case where an abortion might be the only real answer. I would imagine a 12-year-old would be terrified to tell her parents what happened. Holy God that is just terrible.

6. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

:thumbsup:
    flame suit on

7. c6601a

c6601a

It is amazing that the same people that are screaming the loudest about the government intruding into their lives and interfering with their freedom to not buy insurance be stick their medical bills on others are the very same people that have no problem imposing their sharia law on others.

The whole issue of abortion comes down to a single question: When does life begin? No matter how many make belief "scientists" (or even real ones for that matter) one quotes to bolster their position, the reality is that for almost everyone the answer to that question comes from their religious beliefs. The so called scientific quotes are just meant to shore up a decision one has already made due to reasons other than logic or science.

When you decide to tell someone that their belief about when life begins is wrong and they must live by your beliefs, you are the Christian taliban who is imposing your sharia law on them.

8. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

That's nothing more than your private opinion masquerading as fact.

Most geneticists believe human life starts at conception not because of their religious beliefs, but because a distinct, quantifiable scientific event that is a keystone in that field occurs at conception - the creation of a unique, distinctly human genome.

Many biologists believe that human life starts at gastrulation, (about 14-17 days after conception) because during this time period another distinct and quantifiable scientific process takes place - the beginning of the process of complex cellular differentiation. Again, this is not a religious conviction, but hard science.

Ironically, of all the different means of defining when life begins, it is the pro-abortionists who use the LEAST scientific standard - that of "viability outside of the womb". Why is that the least scientific of all the standards? Because there is no real way of scientifically measuring "viability". A late-second trimester fetus can often live for several hours outside of the womb before succumbing, so does that mean that abortions should be outlawed after week 18 of a pregnancy? On the other hand, even a three year-old child will succumb within days (possibly even hours) if not constantly cared for by an adult as they lack the means or ability to feed, protect and shelter themselves absent direct and ongoing adult intervention. Does this mean that "aborting" three year old children should be acceptable since they are not truly "viable" outside of the womb?

Before making accusations about one side or the other being "Taliban", perhaps you would do well to look at the actual science underlying each position.

9. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

So is the, "abortion is murder" statement. HH

10. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

That's going to leave a mark!

11. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

Murder implies a crime has been committed and since abortion is legal that is not the case. However, abortion is the killing of an innocent human being.

I was more or less pro-choice prior to my kids being born... After that experience I can't understand how a doctor could perform an abortion.

BTW: most women wouldn't know they were pregnant until after the baby's heart started beating at about 6 weeks..

12. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Or the belief that destroying a human fetus is no different than destroying a tapeworm.

:whistling:

In any event, I don't recall arguing that abortion is murder. In fact, I support abortion rights in general, although I think they go way too far in legalizing partial birth abortions or allowing minor children to get abortions absent parental knowledge or consent.

13. c6601a

c6601a

For argument's sake, I will accept the science you laid out. Which of those scientists is correct about when life actually begins? The answer is obvious: The one who agrees with whatever it is you want to believe! And what you want to believe is based on your religious, moral or spiritual beliefs. That was my point that you made for me in your response. Thank you.

14. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

I think that's actually true for many people. Most scientists, however, (at least in my experience) put science above religious bias. Sometimes the science dovetails with religious beliefs, as it does with the "Genetic" standard coinciding with the Catholic Church's position that life begins at conception, and sometimes it doesn't.

It's no surprise that many people follow their moral, religious and personal convictions and tend to 'cherry pick' the facts that bolster their beliefs.

One must ask, however, what the "moral" motivations are of those who would ignore science in order to support abortion, as is done in the case of those who adhere to the wholly non-scientific "viability outside the womb" school of thought. What moral standard, spiritual or otherwise, would motivate someone to support the legalized killing of what is, by any quantifiable scientific criteria, a living human being?

What brand of "Taliban" is that indicative of?

One thing I have learned on the abortion issue is that there is no clear-cut moral high ground at either extreme end of the debate.

15. c6601a

c6601a

Exactly the same rule applies. What you consider "non-scientific" is as much governed by your beliefs as which "scientific" approach you consider valid. To you "viability outside the womb" standard is "non scientific" only because it conflicts with your belief system. To others, the opinions of theoretical biologists and geneticists are purely academic and totally irrelevant because something that can not exist on its own is not a lifeform.

When any of these groups declares a monopoly on valid answers and demands that everyone else live their lives according to this one group's beliefs, they start acting like the Taliban and that is what I call them.

16. canis latrans

canis latrans

perhaps...

but the Dimocrats will force EVERYONE to live THEIR way on EVERY other issue, right down to how many gallons of water your toilet is allowed to use.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  17. RenoF250

RenoF250

How about the fact that babies survive after 6 months. My cousin has a son that was born that early. I have a friend that was born that early as well. That is not based or religion or anything else, it is based on FACT. Personally, I do not like abortions before 6 months either but the line is not as clear there.

18. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Yeah, but they won't force you to have an abortion if you don't want one.

Under the doctrine of the Bible Thumping American Taliban/ Kookistani Patriots, a woman doesn't own and control her lady parts, Rush Limbaugh does.

That's why he demanded Sandra Fluke make him a sex tape. That drug-addled, obese, old hippo really believes that he should own and control all the lady parts.

That's why these animals need to be purged...

Their influence over the GOP platform amounts to real and literal sabotage.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  19. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

Oh, I think abortionists are well aware they are killing babies. Partial birth abortion pretty much proves that.

Think about it. If a doctor were about to perform a partial birth abortion, and stab a baby in the brain to kill it, as long as a small part of the baby was in the ******, you could do nothing but stand and watch. But, if he were to slip, and let the baby all the way out, and try and do the same thing, you would be justified in 50 states to shoot him dead to stop him.

It doesn't make sense, and there is no way to make it make sense. It is just a political decision, made for political reasons.

20. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

A woman does own her "lady parts". However, she doesn't "own" the product that they produce. If she doesn't want to have a child then she should take steps to prevent pregnancy.

Once the baby has been created, then that baby has rights of their own that should be protected.

This is not a woman's rights issue it's a right to life issue...

This is not a tumor we're talking about, it's a human being!