close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vote Like Your Lady Parts Depend on it - Obama

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by redbaron007, Oct 2, 2012.

1. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

"Assume" whatever you choose. My children are none of your business.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

They are simply mentioning the source for the shift. That doesn't change the fact that the majority of ALL Americans are pro-life.

It wasn't a "Republicans Only" or "Democrats Only" poll, but a nationwide opinion poll, and it found that the majority of Americans, to include a majority of all American WOMEN, oppose abortion.

3. Restless28

Restless28

It's tough to support the death penalty and be anti-choice.

That seems like a tough conflict.

4. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Ridiculous.

The two have nothing to do with each other.

5. Dragoon189

Dragoon189

Don't forget that the Dems seem to claim that they know better than you about every other aspect of your life :tongueout:

6. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I thought that's the Pubs too?

You get one coming and the other one going.

Vote Libertarian!!!

7. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

How so?

A convicted murderer who is executed has committed grievous atrocities on others in order to earn his/her fate.

What has an unborn child done, except get conceived?
    :dunno:

8. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Jive Tiger

And if people try to avoid accidents by driving safe speeds, following the rules of the road (ie taking responsibility for following their own safety) there would be fewer accidents and fewer deaths and injuries from car wrecks. People generally do try to avoid accidents so the number of serious wrecks is very low.

If people who do not want children use birth control, then there will be fewer unwanted pregnancies. Those children that do get conceived could easily be given to adopting families - assuming the biological parents do not want them.

FGM? I don't know what that is.

9. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

So then you would be ok with a law that said is a man or a boy is sexually assualted, then the man/get 20 lbs of silicone implanted near his gut for 9 months, hormone injections that cause body regulations issues, and then right before it is all removed, he had to have an 8 lb watermelon shoved up his rectum?

This happens starting the day after the crime. Maybe the criminal is never even prosecuted, but the boy/man has to put of with this.

Obviously, you dont get that carrying a baby and having a baby is not the most comfortable and pain free process for a woman.

But you are OK with making a woman go through these changes with her body.

I will tell you what. I believe you have the some right to tell a woman what happens after she is raped the day I see you post a video of you putting an 8lb watermelon in your rectum or passing a lemon from your bladder through your urethra. Then you might have an idea what they go through. Of course, it would probably help if you got to experience a man raping you so you know exactly how the woman feels.

10. frank4570

frank4570

I'm pro choice. But I would be perfectly ok with setting a time limit beyond which abortions are not permitted. And I'll bet MOST americans would find that pretty reasonable and acceptable. Only the extremists on the left and the right would have a problem with it. But neither of them will stop banging that drum, so it stays in the spotlight with everybody all worked up, and both sides using it as a wedge issue in elections.

11. dbcooper

dbcooper

I honestly don't care much about the whole thing. I could understand getting rid of the late term stuff. On the other hand if my wife or daughter was at risk I'd save the ones I already know and love over the new one, who wouldn't?

12. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Save The Tapeworms! HH

13. RenoF250

RenoF250

My grandmother didn't and my uncle is around because of it. She was fine as well. There are very few where the baby threatens the mother these days.

14. RenoF250

RenoF250

I am fairly certain the "rape kit" in the ER includes RU486 equivalent to end any possible pregnancy.

Regardless, once the fetus is past 6 month it is viable and a life. To abort it is to kill the baby for what its father did.

15. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

congrats on what is probably the stupidest analogy I have ever seen posted on GT......and that's saying something.

ETA: SC Tiger's suggestion was retarded, but I think that went without saying.

16. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Do you honestly equate an unborn human child, even a fetus, to be nothing more than the equivalent of a tapeworm?

I'm assuming that was sarcasm at work, right?

17. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Eve's fault.

18. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Really?

You think is a man was told, by a woman, that he was going to experience what a woman does during pregnancy and childbirth after a crime was committed against him, he would agree that forcing him, because of the woman's religious views, to go through that is acceptable.

How would you feel if my religious views dictated that you get a grapefruit shoved up your rectum? That is about the size of a baby's head?

19. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

That is stupid to even say. How do you then place blame that all female mammals go through this? Is that Eve's fault too?

20. dbcooper

dbcooper

The very few is kind of the point, a blanket ban leaves no room for the rare case.

There was a recent case where a 12 yr old was taken to the er for stomach pain, turned out that it was from a pregnancy after being molested by mom's boyfriend. In that case the unborn may be an innocent child but so was the "mother" I can't see a child having to go through with that birth.

It's a complicated issue.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012