close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vote Like Your Lady Parts Depend on it - Obama

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by redbaron007, Oct 2, 2012.

1. jp3975

jp3975

Either way, the president cant ban abortion.

2. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

That's like saying that if you think child rape is wrong, just don't rape children and leave it at that.

Sorry, but those who are opposed to an act and feel it victimizes someone who can't speak for or defend themselves have every moral and legal right to oppose it and try to get legislation changed.

3. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Word ^^^

4. GAFinch

GAFinch

When Obamacare's abortion mandate kicks in, everyone will be forced to pay for people to get "free" abortions. Every health provider will be forced to offer them. There will no longer be a live and let live stance on the issue.

5. RDW

RDW BTDT

SIMPLE ANWSER to this issue - If you don't want to pay for Birth Conrtol KEEP YOUR LEGS TOGETHER! :faint: :faint: :faint:

6. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Not true. In fact, many of the world's leading geneticists and biologists have testified before Congress that not only does life begin at conception, but that there is no other viable scientific definition for what constitutes the beginning of a human life.

http://www.humanlife.org/abortion_scientists_attest.php

Modern science is as split on this issue as the rest of us.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  7. CanMan

CanMan

Didn't blow my Kilt up...... just more political pandering.

8. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Hmmmm... an anti-Choice think tank, huh?

:rofl:

I'm talking about REAL science! Not creationist, clumpy's-name-is-Jessica, we-found-Noah's-Ark science...

:upeyes:

9. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

And bring beer...lots and lots of beer.

10. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

And there you have it- I am about protecting freedom AT ALL COSTS. The partisan aspect means nothing to me. I will not squander what freedom any of my fellow Americans have to live in some radical right-wing Christian moralist's ***** control sharia fantasy.

Not happening. Same as a ban on guns, BIG SODA, or smoking.
    (I only partake in one of the three)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  11. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

Read the citations and who they are from.

Regardless of the orientation of the website (very hard to find a neutral site on the abortion topic), the congressional testimony they cite lists the doctors, biologists and geneticists who made the statements.

It simply isn't true to state as fact that there are no credible scientists who believe life starts at conception. It is, in fact, a very mixed field and some of the top authorities on genetics and biology firmly believe that life DOES start at conception.

12. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Sure there is, you still don't have to get one if you don't want one.

13. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

I'm really tired of this abortion issue. It's never going to change. Why is it always so high on the political priority list?

I admit I'm going to pull this little statistic directly from my ***. But I'm so sure of it, I'd bet money. I'm sure that the abortion rates have steadily risen since Roe vs. Wade without so much as a blip on the line with the different presidents. Republican or Democrat, there are more abortions carried out during their term than the last president (with a little wiggle room for 1 term presidents). There were more abortions during the Bush years than the Clinton years, and there will be more during the Obama years than the Bush years. There will be more in the next presidents reign than with Obama. Maybe someone not so lazy will chime in to prove me wrong. But I doubt it. The abortion issue needs to be dropped from presidential elections.

14. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

They do have the choice to NOT get pregnant don't they?

I am not religious, nor am I a pro-lifer, but please, let's be honest here.

The bottom line is that IN GENERAL stupid people get pregnant unintentionally, and stupid people get abortions. All in all it tends to work out OK with it reducing the amount of stupid people, but let's call a spade a spade.

Aborting an unwanted fetus/embryo/child whatever is a seriously lame way to deal with an easily preventable problem.

15. RenoF250

RenoF250

And it is a fact the a fetus can survive after 6 months and by all definition is a life from that point on but the pro-choice people will not admit that either. Some garbage about well it could not survive on its own. A 5 YEAR OLD CAN"T LIVE ON THEIR OWN EITHER YOU MORONS!!

Abortion is for the convenience of the idiots. Birth control works and when it don't you know within a month and can "abort" with black cohosh or the like.

Someone explain the logic that allows the woman to decide to go to term and make the man pay child support but if she wants to abort he has no say???????

16. RenoF250

RenoF250

Wow, some of the most clear and direct writing I have seen.

17. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

don't be silly, the man has no choice in the matter of course.

this follows the line of complete garbage logic the left uses to justify killing for convenience. By all rights the two have equal genetic material involved, logically a man should be able to say "I hereby absolve myself of any responsibility for that child, otherwise gimme back my sperms or forget yer child support".

It doesn't really matter though, the huge majority of the time Uncle Sugar ends up being the baby daddy.

18. mj9mm

mj9mm

interesting, do you pick the amount of time using science, or is it arbitrary?

19. The Maggy

The Maggy

I'm not sure what your idea of abortion is or medical practice in general; but it isn't like baking cookies.

The people that have the know how and the equipment to carry out abortions are currently doing so. The people that are not currently offering abortions either don't have the equipment or they don't have the know how. That is never going to change.

You can pay for:
    A) an abortion
    B) food stamps, school lunch, medical care, housing, ect for a period of 18 years+ years.

personally, from a purely political/economical standpoint... I'd choose option A.

20. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

You would lose money on that bet. The abortion rate climbed through the 70s, but has been dropping steadily since 1980 -- from the graph there does appear to be a slight increase around 89-90.

29 abortions per 1000 women aged 15-44 in 1980 down to 20 abortions per 1000 women aged 15-44 in 2004.

-ArtificialGrape