close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Voiding Glock Warranty?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by G26er, Oct 3, 2002.

1. G26er

G26er

The dealer/Glock Armorer I bought my G26 from said the following would void the warranty: 1)Dismantling any further than field stripping. He said there is no need to do any more than field stripping for routine cleaning. He said after 5000 rounds or so, return to him for a "thorough cleaning". 2) Using reloads. I have not used reloads yet. Not sure if I will or not. Been saving brass just in case. I would appreciate any input from you experienced Glockers.

2. VN350X10

VN350X10

1) He's BSing you on dismantling. You wouldn't believe the things I've seen brought to Glock Tech's at GSSF matches. Including 1 in a brown paper bag. NO S**t !!!!!!
    I would say he's after a $50.00 (ave) cleaning fee.

2) EVERY mfgr nowadays says "No Reloads" in the owners manual. Thats their out if you do something REALLY stupid. Most are very reasonable on a 1 to 1 basis. It's easier to replace a gun than to get the rep of not helping customers.
    Do yourself a favor, DON'T shoot lead bullets. They don't get along well with polyoginal(sp) rifeling This goes for Glocks, SiGs & H&Ks.

3)Anything you can think of that you don't know the answer to, ask here. Although I'm not one (yet, waiting for stocking dealer paperwork to clear) Many people on this board are Glock armerours
    (please excuse the spelling tonight, it's been a looooong day)

uncle albert

3. Fast Glass

Fast Glass

I am not a Glock armorer, but I can read the directions on how to detail strip and reassemble a Glock. I do it about every 2000 rounds just to keep things clean, and to inspect for anything that needs replacing. If you have a problem that you can't figure out yourself, then take it to an armorer.
    As for reloads, thats all I practice with in my Glocks with the factory barrel. I use my own FMJ reloads using the minimum powder charges. Never had a problem of any kind. The reloads you want to stay away from are the lead bullets, the hot loads, or unknown loads unless you get an aftermarket barrel. Other wise have fun.