Vogel Trigger or something else?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by tomekeuro85, Jan 20, 2020.

1. tomekeuro85

tomekeuro85

I once had a G34 with the Vogel trigger on it, and that trigger was awesome.

Someone once said that you can just buy individual parts and make the same setup for cheaper, is this true? If so, does anyone have the list of parts needed to make this upgrade?

Thanks

2. mtstream

mtstream

They just polish the OEM parts so ppl will pay $150. There’s some $2 springs added in and an Allen screw in the trigger mechanism housing. I had read somewhere that Vogel didn’t actually adjust his overtravel but preferred stock - no idea if that was true or not.

They also advertise a 3.5# OEM connector - there is no such thing, it’s 4.5#. What I am surprised at is they don’t include is a 6# trigger spring. Glock only recommends two methods for decreasing the trigger weight, a lighter connector and/or heavier trigger spring.

Decreasing the firing pin spring can lead to misfires and the firing pin safety has nothing to do with the final trigger weight, it’s disabled by the time the trigger makes contact with the connector.

This post sounds more negative than I mean for it to, I don’t like lighten firing pin springs but other than it’s just the price for what you get that I think it high. So yes, you can look at the list of components on their website and buy elsewhere only what you don’t already have if you skip adding the overtravel screw.

Oh, and polish the trigger parts by actually shooting the gun. Works great!

3. mtstream

mtstream

I reread your original question and my response, I could have kept it simpler:

With the exception of the Wolf firing pin springs and the Glock OEM minus connector. All the parts they are selling are already in your gun (you may already have a minus connector too depending on the gun).

They added a screw to the factory trigger mechanism housing, which you don’t really need.

4. sciolist

sciolist On the Border

You can DIY a Glock trigger that's better than anything available on the drop-in market, no problem. Just need to be willing to take the time to understand what you're doing.

5. mazroth

mazroth

What do you want the trigger to do?

I recently bought a drop in from Johnnyglocks. I wanted the short reset the most and less pre travel, and no creep. Wanted a solid wall. His trigger offered all of that with reliability.

I've seen many ways that others have their pill weight from 3 to 5 etc. Those still seem somewhat reliable. Also seen people using set screws to shorten pre travel and reset...uncertain if that's reliable or not.