Vista nightmare continues: someone please help!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Kentucky_Guy, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Kentucky_Guy

Kentucky_Guy

Hey everybody....

I posted about a month ago regarding my nightmare with installing vista on my pc...

after three weeks i thought i had all the bugs worked out, but alas, another problem

I have a DVD program i bought before i installed vista that required a liscense key to activate. after installing vista apparently it erased my liscence key to the program and now it tells me my software is going to "expire"..

I contacted the software company and they told me to "disable the user account control"

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT???? i have searched all over my PC and dont know what the heck that is and cannot find it...

can somebody please help me??????

thanks a million in advance, Lord i wish i had never bought this Vista crap......

Bruce

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Couldn't you have asked them on the phone? I'm not familiar with Vista, or I'd gladly help you, was just giving you a suggestion in case you don't get it. Odds are, if they told you how to fix the problem, they have instructions to guide you throught he process...

Good luck

IGF

3. Toyman

Toyman

They meant User Account Control (UAC).

Go to the control panel, User Accounts, there will be a link for "Turn User Account Control on or off".