Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on getting 45GAP Brass from 3 directions. Two are on the hope I can come up with Brass from them List. Source Number 3 came through today. The Mail Lady dropped off a box with 1,000 pieces of Speer Lawman Brass in it. It is going in a 5 Gallon Bucket with a Gama Seal Lid. With luck in the next year I will have a couple 5 gallon buckets full of 45GAP brass to work out of. :) :)
I have another fellow shooting our Defensive Pistol Match's with a G37 part of the time. He is using Starline Brass. All of mine so far is Remington and Speer with a few Starline I bummed from him. We should be able to sort out brass fairly easily after a match.
I plan to Label a couple Clear Plastic Jug with 45 GAP for Bay A and B on Match Day. With luck the brass hounds will drop off all the GAP brass they pick up in the jugs.
Now to get back to load development. It is supposed to quit raining and warm back up next week. Not complaining, our pastures need the rain, as do the ponds.

Bob R

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Before i shoot i take a Sharpie marker and put a line across the base of my brass,makes it easy to pick mine out. It comes off when i clean my brass too.

·
Combat Diver
3,620 Posts
I have been lucky to find it right here on GT. I have nearly 10 gallons, much of it the coveted nickel plated Speer from the GDHP ammunition used by many PD's that still carry the G 37.

Reactions: G19 DB

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ten Gallons is a nice round number to work with. I am sure that I have at least 10 gallons of 38 Special, 40 S&W, and 45acp. I gain 40 S&W and 45acp Range Brass at a much faster rate than I go through it.
I made a serious tactical error years ago when a local large PD were armed with 10mm's. I should have been working on bumming 10mm brass when it was available in quantity. If I start to load 10mm in any quantity again, ordering new Starline will probably be the best option.

Bob R

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Nice to see that I’m not the only brass hoarder. My goal with every trip to the range is always come back with more than you brought. It doesn’t take long to build up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Firecop203
I have the same goal. I have belonged to the local Sportsman's Club since 1980. Elected to the Board in 1981, and Club President since 1986. We now have 3 pistol bays. Two have white rock. You can find brass much better on white rock than in grass. Being a reloader since I was in high school I have a hard time believing all the people who buy ammo, and leave the brass. Lately someone has been shooting a lot of 45acp. Robert and I seem to come across 45acp brass a couple times a week. Last week I picked up a couple hundred pieces at one time.

Bob R

·
Combat Diver
3,620 Posts
Ten Gallons is a nice round number to work with. I am sure that I have at least 10 gallons of 38 Special, 40 S&W, and 45acp. I gain 40 S&W and 45acp Range Brass at a much faster rate than I go through it.
I made a serious tactical error years ago when a local large PD were armed with 10mm's. I should have been working on bumming 10mm brass when it was available in quantity. If I start to load 10mm in any quantity again, ordering new Starline will probably be the best option.

Bob R
I live about an hour from the starline factory (which is directly next door to the Sierra bullet factory, where I buy seconds) and drive there to see what they have on hand. I have had great success with their 10mm brass.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts