Virus time.. do you have an additional or more guns loaded?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by quantico, Mar 23, 2020.

1. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I typically keep 3 or 4 loaded carry or home defense guns always hot.. always ready to fire. I change carry guns at times based on clothing and weather and where i am going.. so i have not added guns to my being prepared during uneasy times... but i have added several full magazines into my home defense gun/ a 10mm 1911 and my shields in 45 and 9mm g19's .

If you carry have you changed gun or loadout.. ? For your home have you added a gun ? Or added additional mags ??

Or your still doing what you always have... you were prepared and still are ??

There are no wrong answers.. you are grown people and can adjust or stay with one gun or no gun or whatever you feel prepared with. I am just curious if people have gone to more full size guns.. at least higher capacity or maybe larger caliber.

2. Bradley T

Bradley T

I carry an extra now. I dont really need anything out of the safe, til I need it!

glock1097 likes this.

3. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

What are you going to do? Shoot the virus?. Turn off the TV and get some fresh air, there isn't any panic in the streets. Dear Leader will keep everyone placated with free money.:crazy:

user1, sombunya, TheSlowLane and 15 others like this.
  4. varget

varget

just added an additional spare mag..........zombies appear to be getting restless.

Inyo Tim likes this.
  5. CBennett

CBennett

No, at least not yet

6. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

I was just thinking about this earlier. As of midnight tomorrow I'll be under a "Stay At Home" order.

I'm going to go through all my guns and make sure everything is clean, lubed and good to go. Then I think I'll load all of my magazines. I usually have 2 or 3 handguns loaded and chambered, but I think instead I'm just going to have my carry gun chambered but all the rest loaded and not chambered, including rifles.

If a bad guy or guys somehow manage to get to one of my weapons in a worst case scenario, I want them to at least have to chamber a round before they shoot, with any luck it will slow them down, especially if they don't know much about what they're doing. Of course I would have to do the same, but I would know that and they wouldn't.

7. BengalBacker

BengalBacker

Just keep telling yourself that. I'll prepare for the worst. When people start running out of food and money, doodoo is gonna get real.

8. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I am being better at having a spare mag on me. Thing is the a Police are no longer dealing with broken window crimes.
    That’s the minor crimes that prevent the minor criminals from doing major crimes.

fjrdc, Bus007, mj9mm and 2 others like this.
  9. hannstv

hannstv

No....but me and my home are well armed already.

Ross-in-Pa, n2g, Valmet and 1 other person like this.
  10. Mahalo_.357sig

Mahalo_.357sig #787 Top Gun .357sig

I am reasonably prepared
    The bad people that roam around searching for the quick come up are multiplying. I suspect they will become more violent during this time of hardship.

APERS, teeceetx, rtk and 1 other person like this.
  11. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Added a slingshot and a bag of marbles.

A couple years ago we had a house down the street involved in drugs, weapons and human/sex trafficking. The number of unsavory vehicles cruising the neighborhood was bizarre. Local, state and feds finally raided them but in the meantime we had to deal with the associated problems the customers were bringing to the neighborhood.

Slingshots were an effective way to get the worst of them to just keep moving. We have already noticed an increase in cars driving slowly through the neighborhood between 0200 and 0430. Could just be a normal increase in crime with warm weather coming but I don’t think so.

12. ede

ede

I've got one pistol and five extra magazines with me. Wish I had a rifle but everything's at home.

Rotn1 likes this.
  13. lazarus66

lazarus66

I pulled out my old 1100 and looked at it the other day. What a sweet old gun.

jame, mj9mm, Rotn1 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Sechott

Sechott

No more than normal. Colt 6960 with RMO rtg with spare magazines and a Sig P220 with night sights rtg with spare magazines. Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.

nrajeff, Sharkey and mj9mm like this.
  15. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

No more than usual. tom. :cowboy:

Pima Pants, APERS, Batesmotel and 8 others like this.
  16. Berto

Berto woo woo

Still have the same security; cameras, dogs and loaded 870 accessible. Carry gun goes with me.

17. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

I'm carrying an extra gun, and I'm gonna start shooting people in the balls when they just won't STFU about CV. ;)
    Seriously, every year there's some crisis, and everyone responds by carrying extra guns, and NOTHING EVER HAPPENS! Haven't you learned this yet?

18. GlockAndMan

GlockAndMan

I don't live in a city. Just one loaded gun is still enough for me.

19. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

No changes yet to my always carry, even on a good day, policy.

But I’m watching the signs for when it’s time to bump up in capacity vs my 5 shot j-frame.

20. billy_56081

billy_56081

A week or so ago I loaded my 10.5 inch AR pistol and put it under the bed with 5 spare mags, loaded the 12 gauge with 4 buck and that's in the corner of the living room. I have my 9mm ar leaning next to my recliner and the wife and I keep our carry guns within reach.

Trench Sweeper and -JCN- like this.