close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Virus/Firewall: CA or Zonealarm?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by c6601a, Mar 27, 2007.

1. c6601a

c6601a

I am ready to upgrade to the next version of some very specialized software I am using. The new version conflicts with most firewalls and virus software. The only two that are known to work with it are CA (formerly Computer Associates) or Zone Alarm.

Any opinions about either? Yes, there is a price difference ($20 vs. $55) but $35 is not a consideration.

2. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

I love Zone Alarm antivirus for a while now - about 1.5 years. I got sick of Norton and its bloated footprint.

Plus, U get the fullversion of their firewall - besides authorizing every program for the 1st time when they access the net, I like that Zonealarm has U approve every program that gets run for the first time. It's good to stop malicous programs that U may not know about.

3. Toyman

Toyman

Sounds like some really nice software. LOL

I haven't used the virus part of ZoneAlarm, but as for the firewall, it's really good.

4. Wrascal

Wrascal

I/ve used the free version of Zone Alarm for 3-4 years now; I'm pleased with it. And you can also "try" the retail version for free. Go to their website, just google it and it'll come up.

5. Blitzer

Blitzer Cool Cat

Zonealarm's Internet security suite just got a major boost and is very effective. I use it on my PCs and find it very configurable. It found several older and questionable downloads that I thankfully never got around to playing with.

Good Stuff! :hearts: :supergrin: :thumbsup: ;) :) :banana:

6. c6601a

c6601a

Thanks to everyone for the recommendation.