Virginia officer arrested for deploying taser.

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by SKSman57, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

"Our nation is righteously angry at the law enforcement profession, as am I,” Roessler said,

Yeah that is just what you want to hear from the head of your agency.

If he is so righteously angry at L.E. He should resign in protest!

That'll show em!!

fla2760, spork, larry_minn and 10 others like this.

2. merlynusn

merlynusn

I’d also demand the radio traffic if I was the officer. You don’t know what was said to him etc. Do you really think any officer will just randomly Taser some guy just because right now? Especially knowing that every department is trying to arrest an officer to show how woke they are.

Gray_Rider and orangejeep06 like this.
  3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Meet Steve Descano, Progressive for Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney

[​IMG]

Steve Descano (left) with former Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe (right). (Photo courtesy of Steve Descano for Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney)

With anti-Black racism and sexual violence at the forefront of the political scene in Virginia, the importance of upcoming Commonwealth’s Attorney races is crystal clear. Commonwealth’s Attorneys are the Commonwealth of Virginia’s equivalent of district attorneys. With the Movement for Black Lives increasing awareness of the injustice of the criminal justice system, the role of prosecutors in mass incarceration and racial discrimination has become far better-known; while the #MeToo movement has increased awareness of how sexual abuse is not held accountable by the legal system. That’s why prosecutorial candidates are increasing running not on “tough-on-crime” but rather progressives platforms, largely modeled after that of Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner. Among the most significant prosecutorial races of 2019 is the Fairfax County Commonwealth Attorney’s election.

Fairfax County is the most populous county in Virginia, with over one million residents composing over 13% of the Commonwealth’s population. The progressive in the race is Steve Descano, who is primarying incumbent Democrat Raymond Morrogh. Though Morrogh went unchallenged in the previous two elections, he has received scrutiny as of late for refusing to prosecute law enforcement officers for the killings of David Masters, John Geer, and Natasha McKenna. Descano believes that Morrogh is a “regressive” prosecutor and says that a Commonwealth’s Attorney Steve Descano would be dedicated to transparency, equality, and justice, which entails “moving past ‘tough-on-crime’ policies,” protecting marginalized communities, ending the War on Drugs, reforming the cash bail system, and stopping the death penalty.

https://millennialpolitics.co/steve-descano/ "

"A Fairfax County, Virginia, police officer is facing three different charges of assault and battery for using a Taser during a call Friday, the county attorney said.

Officer Tyler Timberlake, who is white and has been with the department for eight years, faces up to three years in prison, said Steve Descano, the Fairfax County Commonwealth’s Attorney.

“I can assure you that I am personally following this case closely to ensure a thorough prosecution and outcome, especially during these trying times,” Descano said in a statement Saturday.

During a news conference, Col. Edwin C. Roessler Jr. said the officer’s actions violate the department’s use-of-force policies.

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/202...r-allegedly-using-taser-during-domestic-call/ "

bigj480 likes this.
  4. merlynusn

merlynusn

Wonder if the cop can claim it’s malicious prosecution for political reasons.

5. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

The man was high out of mind and non-compliant. If they would have tried to cuff him without tasing, he would have fought back. However, it seems the public does not trust the judgement of officers anymore. In the future they will have to let suspects hit and shoot first. Seems the taser worked as it was designed to and no real harm came to the man, that doesn't matter though...

Gray_Rider and 0311B50 like this.
  6. JArthurD

JArthurD Silver Member

I don’t recall an era in history when SO MANY were blinded SO BADLY by utter STUPIDITY.
    (Except maybe Hitler’s Germany)

If I didn’t have to live through it, I believe it would make an interesting read.

With each day, the stupid factor is compounded by a factor of 100%. I just wish I could wake up and realize that it was all a nightmare and NOT a new reality!

Stupid, makes you sick and tired.

Gray_Rider, AGF0526, Sgt127 and 6 others like this.
  7. thewitt

thewitt

You missed the point. The police are supposed to stop arresting people altogether. This is the goal.

8. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

I forgot. I'm sorry I am privileged and ignorant, I will try to do better. I'm sorry I'm white, please don't call me racist master. I forgot that laws disproportionately impact black and brown people and are a product of white supremacy. Holdovers from disgusting European culture that needs to die.

Bish1309, Sgt127, K. Foster and 2 others like this.
  9. thewitt

thewitt

There you go. Now you are starting to understand the alignment necessary...

Gray_Rider and knoxvegasdaddy like this.
  10. Maxw

Maxw

All officers that can retire should do so now. It will only get worse.

GlockWheeler, Gray_Rider, TBO and 4 others like this.
  11. PennsWoods

PennsWoods

Anybody got a non-LE job theyre hiring for?

I'm just kidding, I think. For now.

John_AZ likes this.
  12. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

13. cityborncountrylivin

cityborncountrylivin

Time to drop 10 and punt. You can make a decent living as a tradesman.
    I remember getting told by the head of the Armed Services Committee back in the mid 70’s; “If you don’t like the way you’re being treated, vote with your feet”.
    I don’t know anybody that re-upped.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  14. Triple Taps

Triple Taps

IT IS FAR PAST TIME FOR POLICE OFFICERS TO DO A CLASS ACTION AGAINST AGENCIES AND STATES FOR WRONGFUL FIRINGS, DEMOTIONS, AND PENALTIES FOR DOING THEIR JOBS WITHIN THEIR TRAINING AND AND WITHIN DEPARTMENT POLICIES.

IF AN OFFICER IS FIRED FOR USING AGENCY ISSUED EQUIPMENT WITHIN POLICY, THEN , INCLUDE THAT IN THE LAWSUIT. ISSUING EQUIPMENT THEN FIRING OFFICERS FOR USING THAT ISSUED EQUIPMENT.

LAW ENFORCEMENT WILL BECOME LIKE DRONES, THE OFFICER'S CAMERAS WILL BE ABLE TO SEND REAL TIME VIDEOS TO HEADQUARTERS. THEN, BEFORE THE OFFICER IS ALLOWED TO PROTECT THEMSELVES USING A FIREARM OR TASER, HEADQUARTERS WILL SEE A ALERT FROM THE OFFICER AND RECEIVE A "DEPLOY, OR NOT TO DEPLOY MESSAGE" FROM HEADQUARTERS.

IF THE SIGNAL IS NOT RECEIVED JUST STAND DOWN OR COME BACK WHEN THE SIGNAL IS UP AGAIN.

I KNOW THAT SOUNDED CRAZY, BUT HOW CRAZY IS IT TO DE-FUND THE POLICE AGENCIES?

Lt. Donn and larry_minn like this.
  15. Valmet

Valmet M62/76 Silver Member

Virginia is the new Maryland.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  16. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Let's face it. Society is attempting to change the rules of engagement for police officers. This will no doubt get officers injured and / or killed.

Bad time to be in law enforcement.

Though, the pendulum will eventually swing back.

Gray_Rider, TBO and DaleGribble like this.
  17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I have a case right now where a local nut who has filed many, many pro se (self-represented/no attorney) lawsuits against pretty much everybody who ever upset him - prosecutors, police, judges, employers, businesses, landlords, etc One newspaper article said he had filed over 100 at taxpayer expense in a 3-year period and that article was 11 years old.

His current claim is that he was Tased and OCed after stopping at a police post to complain about getting a ticket for holding the left lane, no registration, no insurance, no license, etc. (while still driving the same car). The guy is almost a "sovereign citizen" type nut, but I think he's just mental.

I got an email from him yesterday saying that with the current interest in police excessive force, he's going to ask the state Attorney General and the DOJ to investigate his abuse by the police if we don't offer him some money to settle the case. The last amount he wanted to settle for was $3,000,000 - my counteroffer was that if he voluntarily dismissed his complaint, we wouldn't ask the judge to order him to pay our attorney fees.

18. SKSman57

SKSman57

Soros bought and paid for many District Attorneys in various parts of the country, and now he is calling in the favors that he bought.

I can't imagine being a police officer in one of these Communist "paradises."

19. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

just let the FD and ambulance folks handle med calls, simple solution.
    New procedure family and friends must subdue anyone needing medical assistance

steveksux, TBO, John_AZ and 3 others like this.