GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Is this a law, or just a communist edict? Wonder how this would go at a trial?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just checked his Twitter. So I can get fined for not obeying something that isn’t an actual law?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
If the coronavirus doesn't take you out, can I?
1,001 Posts
Kansas mask order expired Oct. 15th and I’ve been maskless everywhere except work.

It’s glorious.

I was even stopped at one business, they asked if I needed a mask, I said no, and kept walking. Boy did I get stares at that particular store.

edit - just found out my county has one till Nov 15th. Oh well I’ll carry one.

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this a law, or just a communist edict? Wonder how this would go at a trial?
An actual law. At least the $500 civil fine part. It's not a criminal offense, just a civil fine.

Reactions: railfancwb

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
28,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fine is based on an EO which are not laws. So how can I done fined for breaking “nothing.”

Good point. I'm sticking with my medical condition, that precludes me form wearing a mask.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The law lasts until 2023. A cop can enforce it. And the bill says can be charged by summons? Does that mean someone can report you and you have to pay because of a snitch?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Guys it’s worse than just masks:

Executive orders, to include those declaring a state of emergency and directing evacuation, shall have the force and effect of law and the violation thereof shall be punishable as a civil penalty of not more than $500 or as a Class 1 misdemeanor in every case where the executive order declares that its violation shall have such force and effect. Where an executive order declares a violation shall be punishable as a civil penalty, such violation shall be charged by summons and may be executed by a law-enforcement officer when such violation is observed by the officer.

It’s for any executive order that has a violation attached to it.

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Kansas mask ordered Oct. 15th and I’ve been maskless everywhere except work.

It’s glorious.

I was even stopped at one business, they asked if I needed a mask, I said no, and kept walking. Boy did I get stares at that particular store.

edit - just found out my county has one till Nov 15th. Oh well I’ll carry one.
The commissioners in my county held a meeting and determined that masks were not needed. That said, the commissioners allowed businesses in the county to require masks in their premises.

It is a hodge podge of a mess. Some don't require masks, some do and some wont even let you in even if you do wear a mask. SMH

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The commissioners in my county held a meeting and determined that masks were not needed. That said, the commissioners allowed businesses in the county to require masks in their premises.

It is a hodge podge of a mess. Some don't require masks, some do and some wont even let you in even if you do wear a mask. SMH
I don't have a problem with any private business requiring masks (their business, their choice - also mine whether I patronize them), but I do have a problem with a law requiring it.

·
emeritus
3,046 Posts

I've only been denied service from two businesses for not wearing a mask. I left both places without uttering a word.

When COVID is no longer an issue after the election and masks are no longer required, I will continue to not do business with those two companies.

·
Registered
228 Posts
They got real problems in VA...it's Northern VA and Richmond versus the rest of the freedom loving state
I was just in southern VA at Virginia International Raceway a few days ago and they were very loose on masks. None of the locals wore masks and I actually got to shake hands with quite a few people. It's the first handshakes I've had since early March. Compared to Michigan, it was refreshing.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts