Virginia college student gets 100 days in jail for registering dead voters for Democrats

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by snerd, Aug 15, 2018.

1. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

A James Madison University student was sentenced to prison Tuesday after pleading guilty to registering dead voters for the Democratic Party during the 2016 election.

Andrew Spieles, 21, was given a 100-day prison sentence in federal court for falsifying 18 Virginia voter registration forms last August. A judge waived any fees associated with the charges due to an inability to pay the fine, and Spieles will not have to serve any probation following his jail-time.

Voter fraud is punishable by up to a year in prison and a $100,000 fine in the Commonwealth of Virginia, but Spieles was able to enter a plea agreement with Assistant United States Attorney Jeb Terrien that limited his sentence to between 100 and 120 days behind bars.

Spieles worked as a Democratic campaign operative during its voter registration drive, and admitted that he prepared the false voter registration forms by obtaining the name, age, and address of individuals from "walk sheets" provided to him by the Virginia Democratic Party. He fabricated a birth date based on the ages listed in the walk sheet, and fabricated the social security numbers, the Justice Department said.........................

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ail-for-registering-dead-voters-for-democrats

2. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Oop's, sorry. That article is a year old. Oh well, I'll leave it for discussion, since there is supposedly no such thing as voter fraud according to so many.

janice6 and Biggsly like this.

3. JFrame

JFrame

I thought the story sounded familiar... :)

As with Islamic terrorism -- I hardly think this is a rare or random occurrence.

There was an instance where Patrick Moran, the son of Jim Moran (my former idiot congressional representative) was caught on video coaching someone on how to commit voter fraud.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...aught-on-tape-encouraging-voter-fraud-n699021

Multiply these moments across every state and every municipality. Anyone who doesn't believe voter fraud is a widespread problem is either a moron, or choosing to be blithe about it because they believe "the ends justifies the means"...

Willard, Deltic and janice6 like this.
  4. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

mmm ive seen first hand our local university send students out to get people to register to vote and also put pro dem signage around the city...in a red state so I would not doubt this is more of a problem than what has been discovered

janice6 likes this.
  5. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

He should join Acorn. I remember when they signed up cartoon characters.

janice6 likes this.
  6. Schrag4

Schrag4

I wonder if registered dead people is as big a problem as precincts turning out 140+% as many votes as were registered.

janice6 likes this.
  7. NAZG26

NAZG26 Lost in transit

But but there is no voter fraud: every democrat ever

janice6 likes this.
  8. Deltic

Deltic

So this jerk undermines our elections and gets a slap on the wrist. Was the judge a democrat? 100 months would be better and he would make payments on the $100,000 fine for the next 20 years if I had my way.

pgg00 and Willard like this.
  9. thewitt

thewitt

This is part of the Democrat playbook.

The real trick here is they use absentee ballots to vote. All off them have the same address, the ballots get sent to an apartment complex address unrelated to anyone. The fraudsters pick up the ballots at the apartment where they are dropped of by the post office as bulk mail and they are marked and sent in.

No one seems to remember the hundreds of absentee ballots sent to the apartment complex in CA in the 2016 election that were reported by the mail carrier. He was fired as I recall...

B C, Willard and JFrame like this.
  10. B C

B C

It is always the Dems cheating. It is the only way they can win.

11. ColdSteelNail

ColdSteelNail

Do you have an example of that. The case in the Habersham County Georgia thread last week turned out to be false.

12. Schrag4

Schrag4

Off the top of my head, it was costal CA, in 2016?