close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Virginia Citizens Defense League: NRA comments don't go far enough

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HerrGlock, Dec 24, 2012.

1. HandyMan Hugh

HandyMan Hugh NRA Life Member

We all owe a lot to Philip Van Cleave of VCDL for his tremendous efforts on behalf of gun owners.

2. blackjack

blackjack

Saved the best for the last paragraph -- this needs to become the rallying cry that shows the failure of "criminal empowerment zones" and the need for change.

3. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

too bad all states dont have even half as good of a grass roots group as Virginia.

4. nmstew

nmstew

That was not the only thing the NRA will say about all this, just the first. If they said what really needed to be said, they surely would have alienated people they need. People like these 8,000 new members per day. People like the new-to-guns obliviots who are just now getting the message and stepping up. I read the strategy as "Make a reasoned, presentable and likeable response now; then give them hell during the bill drafting process". I have a feeling we will hear much more from them and it will be harder hitting.

5. HexHead

HexHead

Well, this guy's an idiot...

Yeah, run up to a guy that's shooting and try to shock him?

6. Patchman

Patchman Florist

I agree. Why is it when something goes wrong, the first knee jerk reaction is to get MORE police involved? Hasn't the NRA been saying for years and years that guns in the hand of good guys make society safer?

Now they're saying more armed security in schools? By this I hope they mean calling for parents (and grandparents) to get involved in protecting their kids' schools.

Those best suited for the job are those who have a vested interest... such as those who have children (or grandchildren) attending the particular school. A full time SRO in each school is nice, but maybe not always possible. In any case, even one SRO may not be enough. To supplement coverage, parents (and grandparents) should be volunteering.

Volunteering doesn't require 8 hours a day, Monday thru Friday. If enough parents volunteer, it could be as little as 2, 3 or 4 hours, one day a week or every two weeks or even once a month.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  7. Z71bill

Z71bill

Maybe use 100,000,000,000,000,000 volts or what ever an electric chair is X10.

8. Luminary

Luminary

How is he an idiot? It's true that arming teachers with tasers will be more accepted by the people than arming teachers with guns. With that said, I understand what you're trying to say but arming teachers with firearms to protect students is a bit extreme for most people. A taser is better than your fists...

9. Patchman

Patchman Florist

I would love to read about a teacher who tazed a student... * ZAPP*... for using the lame excuse that "my dog ate my homework..." :supergrin: