Virginia Capital Police pay a visit...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dan, Jan 19, 2020.

1. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Geez, where was this? There are definitely some good things about living in a place no one knows about, unless they are really good at throwing darts at the map. I’ve never even seen an ATF Agent, except in training (and they had to travel to get there).

2. OXMYX

OXMYX

0bama ran guns into Mexico illegally and then didn't trace them. The ATF agents were assigned to Iraq so could not testify. Are they still there?

An agent was shot to death as a result. And like ambassador Stevens 0bama explained it away as part of their job in harms way.

larry_minn likes this.

3. racerford

racerford

I got the impression he posted his video on social media someplace that revealed his identity. I know a guy in IT that worked on technology that allowed them to identify many “anonymous “ people on boards like this by triangulating all available information across the board and net.

There is little privacy any more.

4. IamtheNRA

IamtheNRA

I would have contacted the FBI and reported that violation of federal law.

5. OXMYX

OXMYX

That would have gone over like a lead balloon.

larry_minn likes this.
  6. The Fist Of Goodness

The Fist Of Goodness

I have been jokingly saying that I've met more unicorns in my 25 years in federal law enforcement than ATF agents.

I am exaggerating, of course.

I've met 3.

And two of those showed up in NY for an investigative award given to our multi-agency task force on a drug and gun running case. I had never seen them before, and we worked the case for two years.

7. sarge83

sarge83

Except we outnumber them like Custer was outnumbered. The only thing they have going for them is we in general respect the rule of law and they can function outnumbered. When they push us to the point we don't respect their enforcement of the law then it gets hinky for them to operate in such small numbers.

These are Virginia State Police, some of the biggest aholes on the planet next to National Park Rangers. For the record I have never been pulled over or cited by VSP, only interacted with them at checkpoints visiting my sister who lives in VA, or just going across the state line to get gas at a general store that sells 100% gasoline for my power lawn equipment. They are without fail total jerks on a power trip, felt like Checkpoint Charlie interrogations and the always friendly "conduct your business and leave" which I have heard on more than one occasion from these ambassadors of Virginia, so much for that Welcome to Virginia signage. I'm a middle aged white guy, with white/gray hair clean cut, driving generic vehicle no stickers or modification. My sister is a nurse and gets along fine with local leo's but can't find anyone who likes VSP.

slamdunc and byf43 like this.
  8. AndyK

AndyK

I think that goes for all state police.

9. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

If they elect to enforce ‘laws’ that they and we know are unconstitutional, they are the ones who caused the unrest. If they refuse to honor the oath they took, the authority that we (the people) allow them, should be revoked.

10. AndyK

AndyK

This came out today from as county in south central TN.

To the citizens of Lincoln County:

Due to the current attacks on peoples 2nd amendment rights, we would like to make it clear where we stand as a department. The officers of the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Department will never, under this administration, and hopefully future administrations, enforce any action that would require law enforcement officers to remove firearms from any lawful owner.

• Sheriff Murray O. Blackwleder

11. Pluto57

Pluto57

This sounds great, but honestly, I don't want the average cop on the street deciding which laws he's going to enforce based on his reading of the Constitution. Besides, no one's opinion of constitutionality is valid except, ultimately, the SCOTUS and even they can't ever agree.

Also, this whole idea of cops refusing to obey "unconstitutional" laws is great until they decide not to enforce laws that you think ARE constitutional.

12. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

The Second Amendment clear enough that even "the average cop on the street" should be able to figure that out.

Besides, every day, they are making those calls on laws that may or may not be constitutional. That's why we have the courts.

serve_and_protect likes this.