Virginia Capital Police pay a visit...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Dan, Jan 19, 2020.

1. army_eod

army_eod US Army Retired, EOD, PM, PMP

That was then. Now it’s today.

Bus007, mj9mm, inthefrey and 2 others like this.
  2. Sharkey

Sharkey

Well it is slippery but the Founders were subverting the crown too. I am open to ideas but simply protesting and voting at election time really has not worked

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Bus007, Intolerant, jimcorbin and 2 others like this.

3. Pluto57

Pluto57

Now instead of it being this guy taking photos and knocking on pillars, let's say it was a guy of obvious middle eastern persuasion. Should the cops then look the other way? I suspect this is a pretty standard investigation considering the hype leading up to this event.

This guy acted like a doosh. He was swearing at the cops and bringing up things that they have no control over. I didn't see what the guy saw with the cop he sent away, but both cops were polite and kept their cool in the face of being sworn at and being called names.

While those who are opposed to the proposed laws may cheer this guy on, he didn't do us any favors. Yeah, this video will get lots of views, but it is ammunition for both sides.

If this was done for intimidation purposes, these cops have got a lot of work ahead of them as this guy doesn't appear to be any kind of leader in the planned protest. If they are going to intimidate one random person at a time, they've got their work cut out for them.

Padre, inthefrey, Rotn1 and 3 others like this.
  4. Mugsie1

Mugsie1

I won't state how I feel, but this BS gestapo crap, being fueled by the left, hoping to provoke an incident (false flag operation) to further their illegal cause, is going to get someone severely hurt and light a fuse no one will be able to extinguish.
    It will not end well.
    Vote these a holes out of office!

mj9mm, GlockPride, 1L26 and 5 others like this.
  5. John_AZ

John_AZ

Cops go talk to a guy who was observed acting a certain way in an area where protests and violence is expected to happen on Monday.

If the cops did not talk to him and something would happen, they would say “they knew who this guy was and did nothing”.

There’s no win.

6. PeterG

PeterG

So how did LE id the guy? I didn’t watch the video to the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

The anitfa kid's mother had just washed the kitchen floor and wouldn't let the po-po in and go down cellar to her son's "apartment".

Ramjet38, B C, mj9mm and 1 other person like this.
  8. MurrayNevada

MurrayNevada USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)

They wouldn't dare. They would be vilified by the media. Antifa are the good guys to them.

larry_minn, mj9mm, Mugsie1 and 4 others like this.
  9. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

I was wondering that myself. I assume some kind of facial recognition.

serve_and_protect and PeterG like this.
  10. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Not really. He cursed a few times but all in all was pretty restrained and respectful. I'm not sure I would do better, given the circumstances. If you are totally innocent you would be pretty pissed off too.

When the cop says "why were you knocking on the pillars, checking densities I would assume", I would be pretty ticked off at the implied accusation too. That what was one of the dumbest ass statements I've ever heard. I assume he was trying to invoke some kind of reaction.

11. GeorgeandSugar

GeorgeandSugar

I wonder if they do the same for the criminal thugs that they likely know of in our communities? The Governor and legislators are the ones who started this unreasonable, unjust and unconstitutional attack on law-abiding gun owning citizens.

All these proposals are without merit and designed to disarm and make exercising our 2A rights that much more difficult. Moreover, none of these proposals will make anyone more safe.

The onerous of your personal safety, your family and your community is on you. The police have no duty to protect, despite what some would like you to believe. Dialing 911 is not fail safe. Police arrest criminals and investigate crimes. Apparently, the Governor and the legislature did not get the memo.

Molon Labe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Liberal politicians and laws backed my millionaires have added draconian gun control laws.
    Antifa has physically attacked folks.
    Our 'media' has supported all of those.

What wrongs have conservatives / Pro Second Amendment folks committed.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  13. Intolerant

Intolerant

Well i guess the people of Virginia will never get to look GovBlackfaceKKK straight in the eye. He`s to busy hiding behind his armed security team to look people straight in the eye.

GovBlackfaceKKK = COWARD!

14. teeceetx

teeceetx

Many people across the nation will be watching what unfolds tomorrow in VA. I pray nothing happens, but I agree with @1L26. I think if something happens, it will be some antigun nut who will do something to start a riot that will be blamed on the gun owners.

byf43, GeorgeandSugar, Padre and 2 others like this.
  15. Intolerant

Intolerant

The smarter ones would quit. Others, not so much. Some are on a ego trip being LE.

byf43, GlockPride and Capttjk like this.
  16. Rotn1

Rotn1

I get it.
    I think the veteran was lashing out at the “messengers” and the situation. His anger seemed, to me at least, directed at the Governor and his liberal co-conspirators.

I can imagine the two officers thinking “holy smokes, can you imagine what will happen if we are asked to start collecting guns..... this was only questions”

17. GlockPride

GlockPride M&P

I hope that they were scared, or at least a little shaken. When government fears the people, there is freedom.

18. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

It's all for intimidation, period. We are all being watched.
    We are beginning to see the end of freedom. So sad this is happening in our lifetime.

Ramjet38, mj9mm, nursetim and 2 others like this.
  19. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

Absolutely correct

If I had witnessed someone doing something peculiar, especially at a time and place where everybody is on edge waiting for something to happen, I'd certainly take a second look. Probably wouldn't call police but I'd certainly watch him to see what he was up to.

GeorgeandSugar likes this.
  20. OXMYX

OXMYX

Some people think all cops are good, Hannity calls everyone in a uniform a hero.

I used to fall for the "it's just the guys at the top that are dirty, the rank and file are good".

I don't believe it anymore.

badge315, blackjack, HALO51 and 5 others like this.