close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Villainy for the Loney" - upcoming film with a GTer...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by WarCry, Dec 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarCry

WarCry

While post-production is still going on, here's the first full trailer for the independent film Villainy for the Lonely from Table Sixteen Productions:

Villainy for the Lonely - Trailer #1

As far as I can tell, I'm in the trailer twice, though there may be more (I've only watched it twice so far).

And, as a bonus because I love my fellow GTers(and because self-promotion is the key to independent work), here's a short film that was done for a local film festival (not related to the movie above, but same production company and one actor). I'm not IN this one, but I was there for all 6 hours of shooting...

Double Back

2. Boot Stomper

Boot Stomper

Bipolar?? (Double Back)

Good luck with your film.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011

3. WarCry

WarCry

Double Back was specifically left open for interpretation.

Thanks, hope you enjoyed!

4. Jeffe

Jeffe

what one were you? and was that guy hanging out of a van and swinging a cane-sword and the chick? looks messed up but I would watch it.

5. WarCry

WarCry

This is me:
    [​IMG]

And yes, it was a cane-sword, but I can't tell ya what it's about. It would ruin the surprise. I did, however, get one of the two screen-used props of the canes from the production. ;)

6. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Awesome. Good luck with that.

7. kenpoprofessor

kenpoprofessor

What group of people do you hope these films appeal to?

I thought they were just screwy, had some good camera work though.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

8. WarCry

WarCry

The target audience is people that appreciate a story and film that's not the same stuff you get every week in theatres. Everyone says there are no original ideas anymore, but maybe it's just no original ideas get funding from big studios?

It's not quite a horror story, not really. It's more of twist on a relationship-based drama, but with a comic-book-style irreverence, and the key story is the love triangle between a psychopath, a serial killer, and a ghost.

There isn't a target audience. I have no idea what kind of people are going to like it or not. It's one of those things that, without trying to sound like some ad-agency hack, you'll just have to watch and decide for yourself.

9. glockfanbob

glockfanbob

I'd watch that. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

10. WarCry

WarCry

If they follow suit with previous work, they'll do some of the Festival circuit early next year, then distribute through NetFlix or other OnDemand services. I'm certain I'll be blowing the trumpet on it as it goes along!

11. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

Looks interesting. Kind of Quentin Tarantino-ish. :wavey:

12. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

13. frank_drebin

frank_drebin 1-man flash mob

Interesting. I would watch it.

14. Jeffe

Jeffe

I enjoyed the short film. Keep me informed when this gets somewhere I can see it.

15. WarCry

WarCry

Okay, I'm working on getting the word out on this even more. If you remotely like the look of the film so far and want to stay up to date, AND if you use Facebook, take a look at Table Sixteen Productions page at Facebook. If you "Like" it, you'll be able to stay up to date with the latest news. The push is on and the person that adds as the 500th "Like" will win a gift pack full of goodies related to the film.

I know this is a lot like an ad, but I hope I'm forgiven. This is an entirely independent production, so just like the filming, the marketing is going to be completely guerrilla.

So, head on over and "Like" 'em! Tell 'em Punchy sent ya!

16. DIXIE DUCK

DIXIE DUCK

It really looks cool. Ill be looking forward to it.

17. WarCry

WarCry

Change in plans for the contest/giveaway stuff. See my post above, anyone that "Likes" the Facebook page will be eligible for the prize-pack. If you've already liked them, then you're already in!

Thanks to all here in the GT community for helping show some support and love for this project.

18. WarCry

WarCry

Just because I'm excited about this project, I wanted to resurrect this thread. Next week (Feb 18th) is our annual local film festival, the Big Dam Film Festival. There will be a BRAND NEW trailer run, and (possibly) one whole completed scene. Typically when the director puts stuff out publicly like that, they will then come up on YouTube.

The target right now is a "Sneak Peek" screening here in my hometown in the next 60 days, then it will start it's run on the festival circuit around the country and - again, possibly - around the world.

Just wanted to bring this back up so that anyone that's interested can head over to Table Sixteen Productions' Facebook page and "Like" it to keep track of all the upcoming releases and news.

And if you HAVEN'T seen them and are just clicking into this thread because it just popped up, the first trailer is linked in my original post, along with a short film we did that's not related to the feature, but is still pretty fun!

19. WarCry

WarCry

A few folks have posted that they might be interested in seeing this (and I appreciate the support), so I'm pulling this thread up again.

Anyone that is - or will be - in the area of Quincy, IL is invited to come and see the sneak preview screening of this film. This will be the full film (not just a trailer or clips from the movie) and is being shown as a "thank you" to the community for helping us make it.

It's also a charity event, with all ticket proceeds going directly to the local Humane Society (a no-kill shelter).

If you use Facebook, you can go to the Event Page and join up. If you're interested in coming, drop me a PM and I'll get info to you on getting tickets.

And, just for the helluvit, here's a fun set of photos. These are NOT shots from the finished film itself, but rather on-set, behind-the-scenes stuff I shot during the filming:

[​IMG]

20. WarCry

WarCry

Getting all set up for our sneak-preview screening tonight....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.