Vigilantes arming against Antifa

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jun 5, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"The vigilantes arming against Antifa: Residents carrying AR-15s and wearing bullet proof vests take to the streets 'to defend' neighborhoods and businesses
    • Heavily armed vigilantes wielding everything from bats to rifles have started appearing at protests in Philadelphia, Idaho, California and Chicago
    • The local residents are threatening to take action if things turn violent in the absence of law enforcement
    • Most vigilantes want peace and are focused on protecting local residents and businesses from looters but others have been violent toward peaceful protesters
    • In Minneapolis, armed neighborhood watch groups are standing guard on rooftops to protect small businesses and homes from looters as night falls
    • In Idaho, retired cops have vowed to 'protect our neighborhoods' amid fears of Antifa groups arriving from out of state to destroy local towns
    • Cops are under investigation in Philadelphia after 'high-fiving' white men armed with bats who rip up BLM posters and threaten peaceful demonstrators
    • A California man pointed his gun at a crowd of protesters marching in the street
    • In Chicago, a white man in full tactical gear defied the 'open carry' laws in Illinois to turn up to a protest with an AR-15 style rifle
    By RACHEL SHARP FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 17:56 EDT, 4 June 2020 | UPDATED: 04:03 EDT, 5 June 2020

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-bullet-proof-vests-defending-businesses.html "

Cool, the Left wants to get rid of the police, so property owners will fill the gap.

2. Glock45Lover

Glock45Lover

3. kwo

kwo

May need them in DC now that the Guard has been disarmed.

4. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

I don't consider them vigilantes. Vigilantes hunt for prey they are being defensive.

5. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

For years, folks asked me why I needed 3 AR15s, 2 AKS, etc.

My answer was, and is, "Suppose the schidt hits the fan and my neighbor doesn't have one???

6. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

I believe the correct term for these people would be PATRIOTS

7. PrescottGlock

PrescottGlock

License plate I saw today in my town:

AR15ONA

nerr, Tanger, Bassman1985 and 21 others like this.
  8. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

I like how the f'news always categorizes the rioters as peaceful protesters

also:In Chicago, a white man in full tactical gear defied the 'open carry' laws in Illinois to turn up to a protest with an AR-15 style rifle

when rioters and looters, AKA domestic terrorists take to the streets and so called law enforcement does nothing but watch.....

there is no law

9. PSUEng

PSUEng

So if the police are gone, then no impunity? This makes it easy...

Glockdude1 likes this.
  10. thespork

thespork

The ANTIFAs are coming, the ANTIFAs are coming...

I heard on Facebook they will be at the Walmart in bumblefark Nebraska tomorrow!!!!

:crazy:
    .I guess this is the latest moral panic/fantasy for the folks who got tired of masturbating to Red Dawn and just finished their last time of tuna from Y2K

Yes these are scary times, yes there is unrest, but I look outside my front door, and despite being closer to a big city than some, besides a neighbor flouting the pooper scooper rule; I see absolute law and order...

Not even the low level dirtbag crime that could occur anywhere, much less a snarling mob of ANTIFAs ready to loot the contents of my garage refrigerator..

This nonsense is a becoming a spooky story told at a compfire..

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    tuica and Lt. Donn like this.
  11. PrescottGlock

PrescottGlock

4 St. Louis police officers shot at George Floyd protests, still taking fire
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/4-st-lou...ot-at-george-floyd-protests-still-taking-fire

Officer on life support after being shot in the head during protests on Vegas strip

https://fox8.com/news/officer-shot-in-the-head-during-protests-on-vegas-strip-on-life-support/

TIMELINE: 60 businesses reporting damage in downtown following Saturday riots

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/all...-peaceful-protest/VIUHYBVPJJHW3B6R2XFOZVTDOY/

3 Police Injured During Brooklyn Stabbing Attack

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-u...ice-injured-during-brooklyn-stabbing-incident

Death toll grows as police, participants are killed during national protests

https://www.pennlive.com/nation-wor...ants-are-killed-during-national-protests.html

3 law enforcement officers hurt after being hit by vehicle during Buffalo protests

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/l...ation/71-999b7dae-99ff-4254-add3-9e33cc644737

Woman, 22, is shot in the back as she leaves George Floyd protest in Iowa town of Davenport where another person was also killed and police officer was injured when cruiser was ambushed during patrol

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...shot-violence-erupts-Iowa-town-Davenport.html

65 arrested, 8 to 10 police injured in Providence protest

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...ice-injured-in-providence-protest/ar-BB14V2LW

Took me five minutes to get those stories. Should I go on??

Hilux1911, seanmac45, Csv and 19 others like this.
  12. thespork

thespork

After this, because of this... The lamest of the logical fallacies...

YES as I alluded to, this is a scary time, a time of tumult..

But, NO, this doesn't mean that Antifa is getting ready to invade Pocatello Idaho, or Lubbock Texas, or whatever Podunk town you are from because you heard it on Facebook.

Is it possible, just spitballing, while this is a scary time in spots, those of us blessed to live in secure areas of the country (which I'm guessing is virtually every one reading this) are reasonably safe, and actually don't need to build a sandbagged fighting position in the front yard to repel an upcoming antifa human wave attack?
    Is that possible? I think it is.....

You can post as many week-old awful news stories in big bold text that you want... This doesn't this make this hysteria any less ridiculous.

Bohucka and tuica like this.
  13. PrescottGlock

PrescottGlock

YOU, not me, analogized the threat to "spooky stories told at a campfire."

YOU, not me, thereby stated that the rioters and looters present NO THREAT AT ALL, since scary campfire stories are fiction.

I can find 100 articles showing very, very serious instances of death, injury, significant property damage. Therefore, your claim that the concerns are nothing more than "spooky stories told at a campfire," is demonstrably wrong.

Further, hysteria is a vast overreaction to a non-existent threat. Here, the threat is real and killing people and destroying property at an alarming rate, and the reaction involves those in harm's way protecting themselves. In other words, the antithesis to "hysteria."

So you apparently thought it a good idea to be wrong again, I guess?

14. thespork

thespork

There's 20000 murders a year on a good year..
    That doesn't mean that you are imminent danger of being murdered..

an antifa army, marching on some Podunk town is about as close to non-existent as it can possibly be...
    It hasn't happened, and there is no credible evidence that it is going to happen.
    in the VAST majority of the country the threat is not real..

we all face some threat in our lives. That's why I like you I am a gun owner and a CCW holder... But, there is zero evidence I am in "harm's way" from Antifa, or BLM or any other protest group.
    for most of us, worrying about an imminent antifa attack on our community is nothing but hysteria..
    So apparently you thought you can win a debate by declaring yourself the Victor, and randomly bolding text, I guess?

15. thespork

thespork

16. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

You can suggest organized violence isn't coming to neighborhoods near you and I haven't seen suspicious activity either. I believe, however, that bad things will happen in residential areas in some places because protesters have been allowed to get away with it in cities. It has become acceptable 'woke' behavior. It's for a legitimate, even righteous, cause. Hell, celebrities are endorsing riots and bailing out the rioters who get arrested.

The American spirit is alive in the suburbs. I'm aware of residents who are prepared to defend their homes. Suburb invaders are not welcome.

flyover, DAKA, tuica and 3 others like this.
  17. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller A swamp dude

The things I'm hearing about may be 'signs' of scouting residential areas for possible targets near Chicago and another city with ready access to an interstate highway. This isn't good intel by any stretch, but people are watching for bad signs and talking about what they see.

People are preparing for home defense by buying guns in great numbers. A friend who is a highly successful professional recently purchased his first firearm, a handgun, and signed up for SD training. I'm still in shock that this guy would buy a gun. These are strange times.

seanmac45, flyover, DAKA and 4 others like this.
  18. joecarp

joecarp

Remember when your parents would say give him an inch and he will take a mile! They are not making any sense allowing the protesters to get the upper hand or they will think anything they do is alright with no consequences. It appears as if no one is being held accountable for anything they do.

seanmac45, PhotoFeller, jr24 and 3 others like this.
  19. slym2none

slym2none

I can't shake the feeling that if, somehow, one of these rioters/looters broke into my house and I had to shoot him, I would either 1) face charges somehow or 2) have my house burnt down around me.

I feel I am a pretty reasonable guy, and this, of all the things in my life, has me worried.

20. Longbow

Longbow Millennium Member

This might be the beginning....

Let's say we (pro-2A) prevail, let's make sure the RKBA is beyond question.

Will Beararms and JimWillson like this.