close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Vienna Sausages are just as disgusting as I remembered

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by fnfalman, Jan 21, 2013.

1. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

Vienna sausages and similar things like potted meat and pork based hot dogs do not sit well with me, but I don't have a problem with them.

What I have a problem with is any product made for the Armour label. The companies involved here make other foods that are perfectly fine, but it is as though they go to extra lengths to ensure that any food for the Armour brand is repulsive to the taste and offensive to every organ involved in the digestive process.

It isn't enough that I refuse to buy any Armour product. I actively want the brand and whatever idiocy that is responsible for its production destroyed.

2. Pawcatch@aol.co

Pawcatch@aol.co

I do the low carb thing fairly often,so I average about eight cans a week of the chicken variety.
    I honestly love them.

3. byf43

byf43 NRA Endowment Life Member

No. She blushed and ran from the room!:wavey:

4. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

I want a year's supply of Weenie Tots

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izaiBTVmXjY"]Get out of the way BEHEMOTH! - YouTube[/ame]

5. TheNinja

TheNinja

Geez, you actually had to remind yourself? Once was enough for me.....looooooong ago.

6. debbert

debbert

Um, that Bung Sucker video was disturbing. What in the heck was that thing doing? UGH!!

Anyway, I'm a fan of small weenies and I haven't thought about these things for years. Next time I'm out, I'll have to get a can or two just for old times sake.

7. KCOG

KCOG

I thought that is what mustard was invented for. Love me some viennas. Sardines make me puk.

8. failsafe

failsafe

While on outposts in vietnam, my Mothers "care kit's" were the best..Jiffy Pop popcon, Deviled Ham, Smoked Oysters, Vienna Sausage..After eating nothing but "C" rat's, we were dining at the Ritz on the goodies...Even tho the package's had been damaged and the tin holding the popcorn would allow the corn to burn, the homemade cookies were crumbled to dust...Man was that good !!

9. opto_isolator

opto_isolator Extinct GOP

You want something gross look for Armour's potted meat product. I kid you not, one of the ingredients is "partially defatted fatty tissue."

10. failsafe

failsafe

Coming from a backround, where everything on a pig was eaten or used except the "squeal" and everything on a chicken was eaten or used except the "cluck"..Defatted fatty tissue, is just a dictionary term ..:cool:

11. azbuckeye

azbuckeye

Used to work with an old boy from Tennessee that ate a can of Potted Meat and 6 Ritz crackers for lunch everyday. After tasting Potted Meat.......Vienna sausage seem like filet mignon.

12. Cream Soda Kid

Cream Soda Kid

Yuck!

When I was 9 years old, my older brother opened up a can of those things for lunch. In the old days, those cans were opened with little turn keys that created a sharp strip of metal. The strip was very sharp.

My brother ended up cutting his finger very badly, when I went into the kitchen to see what the hollering was about, I saw the Vienna Sausages lying in the sink covered in blood, and he was screaming bloody murder with blood stains on his tee-shirt.

I thought the sausages in the sink were his fingers, it freaked me out. I could barely eat them before the incident, afterward I couldn’t choke them down for nothing.

13. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

:rofl:
    :rofl::rofl: now thats a cool story , got any pics ?:supergrin:

14. flyover

flyover

I can remember eating them as a kid. My dad still eats them once and a great while. He would sometimes make a sandwich out of them. A couple slices of bread, mayo, slice of cheese and smashed Vienna sausage.

15. HarlDane

HarlDane

Life is too short to eat meat from a can.

16. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

My father used to drive around a lot for his business. When I was a child, in the summer, I used to go with him.

Every day for lunch, we had vienna sausages, yellow cheese, and saltines for lunch in the car. He called it a "Jungle Lunch."

It was one of the finest times in my life.

17. cgjane

cgjane

They are staples for my Hurricane Food Prep.

Vienna, SPam, corned beef: the 3 "meat" kings of shtf.

18. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper

MMMMmmmmm! I loves Vienna sausages. I can always find them in the pantry because no one else in the house will get near them! I think I'll go open a can right now!

19. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

They're good on saltines, especially with a bit of mustard.

20. deadmanglocking

deadmanglocking

I can't eat them but spam sandwiches are a favorite of mine. Smoked kippers are a gift from God. They make my wife urk so I have to eat them outside. Also Kimchee straight from the jar is wonderful.