Vidio 2013 Officer tries to give a lady a break.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by larry_minn, Jul 30, 2018.

1. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

And it goes bad. Amazingly poor choices. Hope today he gets keys first, uses tazer...

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5-7b2sIv54#fauxfullscreen

I was laughing, and amazed at times. Being nice does not pay off with some.
    They did understand felony stop fairly well. Will be used many times in their lives if they act, ride with mamma....

2. lawandorder

lawandorder

There sure are a lot of people who need to read, learn, and follow,

Romans 13 1-5. !

3. Lt. Donn

Lt. Donn PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia

As a resident near there, I followed this case when it happened...the back-up officer who shot at the fleeing family was fired...the originating officer was disciplined and given re-training for not controlling the scene better...new procedures were adopted agency-wide after a huge public outcry over the incident...it was a big deal here in NM at the time...I wish [he] had waited just a few more minutes, until the others arrived and then removed her for arrest...but we can all wish...we were not there...So happy none of those 357sig rounds hit anyone inside the van...and yes, they were finally stopped and arrested down the road.

IndyGunFreak, Bruce M and TBO like this.
  4. Duke45Big

Duke45Big All anti-gunner stink worse than filled diapers.

Bottom line is how hard is it to follow the words the officer was saying to the lady. When a LEO tells you to get out of the car just do it. Just being stupid .

janice6 likes this.
  5. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

So any idea what happened to lady ( excuse me the female) and her son? Likely slap on wrist compared to what should have...

6. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Fat check, most likely.

Kevinr20 likes this.
  7. Biggsly

Biggsly Good looking deplorable

This could have all been avoided if the office would have just taken responsibility for her actions and gave her the free pass she was looking for.

8. kwo

kwo

Bet they got off free. Black female and white male cop.

larry_minn likes this.
  9. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

How is it that police officers get off basically scott free for something like that ? From a layman's pov that looked like attempted murder to me. And attempted murder of children at that !

I'm not "pro" or "anti" police in any way. In many instances their job just plain sucks but being able to hide behind the badge for such a horrendous act just seems wrong. Not only wasn't his, or any other officer's life endangered, not even were any civilians put in any danger.

10. JoeCitizen

JoeCitizen

But, but... dey din do nuffin.

11. Bruce M

Bruce M

Perhaps whether or not there is a duty to take a felon into custody plays a part in these type decisions.

larry_minn, IndyGunFreak and janice6 like this.
  12. astepup

astepup

Yet another reason why I could never be a cop. I'd have tasered her a$$ the second time I had to tell her to get out of the van and cuff her on the ground, then deal with Dindo and Nuffin if they wanted to make anything of it.

Takes a very special very PATIENT type of person to do the job they do every single day.

larry_minn and janice6 like this.
  13. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

I'm glad that wasn't me making the stop. About three minutes in it was time to slap a cuff on her left wrist and pull her out of the vehicle. Too many lives were put at risk due to that woman's actions. FTS. tom. :chatter:

larry_minn and janice6 like this.
  14. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

:rofl:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIi9RxXn6hU

15. Con43

Con43

You have IMO, fleeing felons, both mother and son basically fighting a police officer and disobeying lawful orders, who then have little if any thought for the safety of those they put in danger with the wild driving in and out of traffic in their attempt to flee.
    " I'm not "pro" or "anti" police in any way."
    While this may be true, statements like "hide behind the badge" tend to negate this sentiment.
    As to attempted murder, and of children at that, all I saw was a boy and girl willing to go after a LEO lawfully doing his job in an attempt to help their mother avoid arrest. It was just luck that avoided someone getting killed or badly hurt in this situation IMO.

16. Maxw

Maxw

That LEO had far more patients than I ever had and I agree with a Deputy Tom, cuff her, get her out of the vehicle and under control. Driving a mini van at 90-100 mph extraordinarily dangerous to other people on the highway and in the populated areas.

deputy tom likes this.
  17. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

Maybe "shielded
    Maybe "shielded by the badge" would have been a better way to say it. I didn't realize that in America, fleeing, fighting, and disobeying orders were legitimate grounds for firing shots into a vehicle full of unarmed civilians. And, as far as I could tell, up to the point the shots were fired there was no "wild driving in and out of traffic".

Poor judgement ? Absolutely !
    Bad behavior ? Absolutely !
    Criminal activity ? Absolutely !
    Worthy of use of lethal force endangering innocents as well as the guilty ? NO

What if the shooting cop had been "successful" ? Congratulations to him, you now have a dead person behind the wheel of a car barreling down the highway.

I seriously have nothing but respect for what police have to deal with, but I'm sorry I don't think they deserve a pass when they do something so reckless, and yes in my opinion criminal.

18. 686 AR15 G17Fan

686 AR15 G17Fan

Actually, the original infraction was only 71 in a 55.

Yes, he had far more patience than most normal human beings. He was even going to let her skate on the driving on a suspended license charge.

19. Kawabuggy

Kawabuggy

When he had her out of the car the first time, TASER that mouthy POS, or MACE her at point blank range. He allowed that stupid **** to put all of her children, and every other driver, and the other officers, in potential danger. When she started moving back towards the drivers seat, trip her by kicking her foot out, and punch her in the face as hard as he could.. That would have been perfectly acceptable and it would have avoided all of the other DRAMA that ensued. You can thank your local politicians for situations just like this.. The police officers hands are tied and he is not allowed to control the situation-as he should have been-without fear of being fired, or sued. The old days really were the best days. Yes, I've had my ass beat by a cop before. I learned a valuable lesson that day that has served me well for the remainder of my adult life. That lady should have gotten a beat-down that would serve as a great lesson.

20. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Pretty entertaining, but she did endanger a lot of drivers. Shoulda popped her as soon as she refused to sign the ticket.

And she ain't no soccer mom.