videos from police shooting, chase

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, Mar 7, 2014.

1. ronduke

ronduke

From the article comments:

less free wrote: Some Texas lawmen need to lose a lot of weight. Guidelines are 21 to 27 months, she got the max. Is it the judges fault the defendant wasn't charged with a more serious crime?
    I'm sure the CO legislature is already halfway through writing a law with s more serious punishment to cover this. 27 months means she will be out on parole before the food she left in her fridge goes bad.

(the citizen responded) Those Texas LEOs ran right toward the guy shooting at them. They didn't hesitate for a second. As far as I'm concerned, they can be as fat as they want--perhaps they need the weight to heft around those brass balls.

Also, what kind of food do you think she eats?

2. Tvov

Tvov

That first video was sobering. Looks like the cop knew something wasn't right, the way he walked up to the car from the passenger rear, trying to look in. Glad he survived.

One of the chasing police cars had a bullet through the head rest.

Not sure what else to say. Wow.

3. x_out86

x_out86

Wow. Watched both videos and they got my heart going. Was wondering where the deputy got shot to make him drop like that. He's lucky that the shot to the face only rang his bell for a few minutes instead of the alternative. He's lucky that the BG took off instead of getting out and finishing him off, since it looks like he was totally defenseless on the ground for a while.

I was white knuckling the counter top while watching the chase. Glad to see the outcome the way it was. Shoot a cop, you get whats coming to you: Hit by a semi and then shot. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Stay safe out there.

4. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Much win for the Texas cop with his Stetson on assaulting the car after the crash.

5. tom mac

tom mac

Back in the day, we were taught to always test the trunk to see if open ( like he did )... but also to leave the car out to protect yrself as you approach from the DRIVERS side. The drivers side forces the person to have to turn around more for a shot... thereby maybe more warning, worse shot.
    Approach by passgr side if 2 leo's working together, one each side.

still, very eye opening first clip.

6. Davers

Davers

I'm Glad That A-H$# is not breathing our air any more.

Good Job TX PD.'s

7. x_out86

x_out86

Passenger side approach, especially on the interstate is much more common than it used to be. All of my stops on the interstate are passenger side unless I can't get to the passenger side for some reason. Not to downplay the risk of things like this happening, but I am much more likely to be tagged by a passing vehicle and as such would rather get out of traffic. That's a lot of 70mph+ bullets coming very close to me.

If I have to let the person talk to me without having to turn around, I am willing to make the trade in those circumstances.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  8. JimP

JimP

Damn - you guys be safe out there. That is some scary stuff. Well done by the Texas LEO's - they ran into the fight!!

9. Morris

Morris CLM

Lessons to be learned. And Stevie only got two years in federal lockup, eh?

And judges and prosecutors wonder why cops and the citizens can be bitter towards the system.