close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Video with TexasPOff polished extractor..

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tonyparson, Sep 11, 2011.

1. tonyparson

tonyparson

Here is a short video I shot showing the extraction of 115gr Federal Champion ammo with the extractor that member TexasPOff worked on. In the picture you can see what he polished on the extractor. I will let him posted exactly what he did. I shot 250 rounds of 115gr Federal Champion and I had very consistent ejection pattern with no brass to the face.
    I was using the original RSA (0-3) that came in this Gen 4. No hiccups at all.
    And please dont comment on my grip. I know, I am working on breaking myself from gripping the gun like this. I just had a brain frat while I was videoing..:embarassed:
    Video ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GxrPPSvzVc

[​IMG]

2. Genin

Genin 19k & 11b

FANTASTIC! I've been waiting for you to post this video since I first saw this mentioned in a thread. Looks like this solved your issue.

3. tonyparson

tonyparson

It really did solved my brass to the face issue. Now if I can just solve my grip issue. :supergrin:

4. Genin

Genin 19k & 11b

LOL yeah it is pretty funny to tell you the truth. I wasn't going to say anything.

5. misfit356tsw

misfit356tsw

Don't apologize Mr. Parson. Good video and good job. Everything else will come around.:wavey:

6. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Would you like a cup of TEAAAAAAAAAa

7. crsuribe

crsuribe 10mm Auto

TexasPOFF is an awesome guy. I saw what he did for that other guy who was fed up with his 19 Gen4.

Kudos to him for helping people out.

8. G-19

G-19

All looks well with the gun, glad it all worked out for you.

Now for that grip........... :)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  9. trlcavscout

trlcavscout

Cool!

My wife grips the G22 like that, she shoots slow but she doesnt miss much!

10. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Looks like its tossing them pretty good now..Congrats..

11. MNBud

MNBud

Are you equipped to duplicate the work Texas Po did on that extractor. If so that will be the place to redeem your grip when you show us that video. Of course I'm just kidding, if that grip works for you there would be no reason to change it. The only grip I hate to see is the RAIL BITE grip. Generally that only takes one round to cure most people.
    I sure hope the folks at Glock are taking notes as to whats going on here.
    Bud

12. misfit356tsw

misfit356tsw

Geez there is alot of talk about Mr. Parson teacupping his gun. I have seen alot of ex military who do the same thing. Notice how it does not cause him to limpwrist? He can improve his grip, that is all that needs to be said. Thank you again for having the bravery to put up a video.

13. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

Well Thats good te hear the extractor worked properly in your 19. Especially using the orginal 03 spring. The process is very easy any anyone can do it, but it's just a shame it has to be done to make the thing work right. Tony is sending the extractor to NY to test as well. I am hoping it will have the same results with him. I feel like I should go out and buy a ton of extractors and set them up for an extractor exchange program.:rofl:. If anyone want to try this on thier extractor that is giving them trouble here is the quick version. I used a set of smith stones, but any quallity emory cloth sandpaper should work. You could even use a sharpening stone for a knife. start with 320 and to remove the metal, and then I polished it with 1000. Basically just smooth out the tab on the back of the extractor. I took off a little over 1 thousandths of the one pictured. That put it in line with my machined extractors. You don't have to work much to remove 1 thousandths. Try and make sure to keep the angle correct, at least best you can by eye. Thats realy about it. When your done the extractor should easily fall in and out of the slide. I can try and make a video on my next days off ad post it up if anyone is interested. If you have any questions you can also drop me a line. Big thanks to Tony for his efforts and range time in helping test this and same with NY. Oh an I though Tony had a nice teacup grip.....:whistling: TXPO

14. Keyhole

Keyhole

n/m. Found more pictures. Nice work.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  15. smitty704

smitty704

Thanks for posting. I need to try this on my g19 gen 3's extractor. I'm having ejection issues as well as stovepipes.

16. tonyparson

tonyparson

Okay I sanded and polished my extractor to match the one I got from TexasPOff. So far with 150 rounds of 115gr Federal Champion ammo the empty cases are ejecting as good as it did with TexasPOff extractor. I want to thank TexasPOff for sending me the extractor so I could duplicate it. The more I shoot this Gen 4 G19 the more I like it. I plan on making a new video and posted it so you can see by duplicating TexasPOff extractor it will fix the ejecting problem. And I will be using a better grip in the new video..:tongueout:

17. TexasPOff

TexasPOff "Dump The Hump"

At this point I believe it is out of spec extractors, or the small reccess hole is out of spec. Either way this seems to remedy the problem, and I hope it continues to do so. I will have a short video up in the next few days. I am waiting for my days off to get it done. Hopefully Glock will see this issue and resolve it with in spec extractors, or resizing the reccess. I was glad to help out Tony. Quoted from one of my favorite 80's TV shows, " I love it when a plan comes together". TXPO.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  18. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Thanks TX, you did a great service for all of us. Maybe even glock.

19. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

Wow them where ejecting nice and clean yea differently a tolerances issues coming up for some people.

Just wanted to say TexasPoff thank you for helping everyone out on this forum we are lucky to have such a valuable member on here. Really went the extra mile to help people out for what amounts to no personal gain at all.

20. FyreCalG17

FyreCalG17 Gen4 Fondler

I guess that kicks sand in the face of all the "limp wristing" and "bad ammo" theorists out there. Everyone who has a Gen4 19 throwing hot brass in their face knows that its the gun (extractor, ejector, rsa, etc) and not a grip or ammo problem.

A big thanks to TonyParson and TexasPOff
    for shedding a little light on this problem!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011