*Video* Salvia: Thoughts On This "Legal High?"

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ULVER, Nov 2, 2010.

1. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

2. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

3. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

4. x_out86

x_out86

The AG in Wisconsin already said Salvia is a no-no.

I have yet to come across any, other than when it used to be for sale in a couple local head shops.

5. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

From what I have researched, it doesn't seem to cause any long-term physical probs. For that matter, I have potheads always caused FAR less hassles, than boozers.

The biggest danger I see with this Salvia, is doing it alone, and either banging you head on an endtable, or wandering out into traffic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlV7BXpW6qE&feature=related

6. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 7th Street South, Minneapolis, MN 55454
  7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I never got people wanting to ingest stuff that makes them act like total idiots... some people don't need it anyway to be total idiots. How is that a good way to go through life?

8. scottydl

scottydl

Already a controlled substance (i.e. more serious than weed) in IL along with many synthetics... K2 and Spice are headed that way on Jan 1. Freakin dopers.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  9. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Its not a synthetic. Its a natural plant http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum its has not shown to be a dangerous substance yet and has been used by humans for a while. At least do a little research before you spout about stuff.

10. Fiery Red XIII

Fiery Red XIII Adorkable CLM

I have seen more people have the bad reactions to K2 than the "highs". Rapid pulse, massive headache, and Blood pressures through the roof. I honestly haven't had a patient on Salvia.

Red

11. scottydl

scottydl

Okay remove the word "other" from my post (which I just did via edit, just for you) and everything else stands. :upeyes: It's a controlled substance in Illinois which is all that really matters.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  12. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Thank you "(i.e. more serious than weed)" this part we will just have to disagree on.

13. scottydl

scottydl

Controlled substance statutes in IL (and most states) are more serious than marijuana statutes. That's what I meant. I don't think there's any more of my original statement I can re-analyze now... ;)

14. RC-RAMIE

RC-RAMIE

Understand now I thought you were stating that it was a more dangerous substance.

15. x_out86

x_out86

+1 on the K2/Spice. I just got a memo the other day that evidently the AG's office is already in the process of making the push to make them illegal as well.

16. GD2J

GD2J GoDirectly2Jail

Salvia is a Schedule I controlled substance in Virginia (since 2008). That means it sits alongside heroin and other opiates as far as classification goes.

17. Flattop67

Flattop67

The Military has made it a No-No also.

18. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

I first came across salvia on the streets about 10 years ago. I had never heard of it, so I did a little research. I learned that 9 out of 10 people who try it once don't ever touch the stuff again. I've only come across it once since, so there must be some truth to it.

Apparently the side effects are harsh and really mess people up... The way I see it, if you're the kind of idiot who wants to smoke everything in sight to try to get high, then you deserve what you get.

19. Nest

Nest

Everyone can have a different reaction to the stuff. Some haleucinate, some get all goofy and giggly, some do stupid stuff, etc. Heck, I tried the stuff and loved it. It makes my senses extremely sensitive. I tried it on a hike in the woods, and could hear a buddy hiking almost a half mile away. I didn't know he was ahead of me, and I knew it was him because he hiked with one ski pole, and one wooden staff. So his walk had a clink and thud sound. I could head the clink and thud of his poles, and when I caught up to him found out he was about a half mile ahead of me when I smoked the stuff.

Flame away all you want. Some drink beer, some smoke cigarettes. It was legal where I smoked it, so no point in throwing out a bunch of legal munbo jumbo. The stuff is good for some people, and sucks for others. To each their own.

20. CJStudent

CJStudent No Longer Fenced In

Illegal to possess, sell, or cultivate in KY: KRS 218A.1450-1452. Possession is a Class-B misdemeanor, trafficking is a Class-A Misdemeanor, as is cultivating.