close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Video of full auto Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by silencer, Jan 29, 2003.

1. silencer

silencer

Here's a clip of a Glock being fired full auto. I'm not much of an expert on Glocks, so I can't determine the model of the particular pistol or how it was modified to do this, but it sure looks cool!

http://bis.midco.net/cotlod/glockfullauto.mpeg

2. Alpha752

Alpha752

That is a Glock 18. Its a 17 with a selector switch. It wasnt a mod, Glock accually produced them. I dont think that they make them anymore. Man, Id love to have one. Great video, thanks.

3. TEAK

TEAK 1*

I MUST HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;I

4. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

I don't think that's a G18; I think it's an illegally modified G17 or G19. If you look at the image closely, it's clear that the front portion of the slide (from the ejection port forward) is shorter than the rear portion. The G18 was a modified G17; the G17 has more slide in front of the port than behind it. This indicates either the addition of an illgal "kicker" in place of the slide cover plate on a G17 (extending the rear of the slide), or a shorter slide (like the G19 has). There seems to be a projection at the rear of the slide, but the image is too grainy for me to be sure. I'll vote for a modified G19.

As Glock never made a legal FA G19 (to the best of my knowledge), and the "kicker" modified guns are almost always illegal, and including the fact that the shooter has concealed his face, I conclude that this is not a G18.

Plus, if you look real close at the end of the clip, there seems to be an empty case or round of ammo left (jammed?) in the ejection port. An unmodified Glock G18 would NEVER jam! ;f

5. Rover

Rover Unreconstructed

I'm new here.:)

What is a "kicker"?

Thanks

6. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Not a formal term; just what I call this device, and others like it. It's an illegal add-on that releases the striker when the slide closes, firing the next shot (thus, full-auto fire). Most of them require internal gun modifications also, and law enforcement agencies have been sent bulletins listing items/mods to watch for if they encounter Glocks in the course of their work. No, I don't have one. No, I don't know where you can get one (like I'd tell if I did). And I think they probably void your warranty, too! ;f

Definitely not worth any time in Club Fed.

7. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

I think DJ Niner is right on this one. To me it would also appear to be a modified 19. And I don't think it was done by Glock either. If you look close enough it doesn't look like the slide has any of the cut outs like the Glock 18 has.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Top picture is the Glock 18, and bottom picture is a modified Glock 21. Just by looking at them I'd say both were done by Glock. I'm not sure if Glock still does but I thought I read somewhere that for like SWAT teams or something Glock would do the selector switch and everything for them, but don't know if still do or if they even did in the first place.

I remember about 5 years ago I had a chance to talk with a detective from CA that knew a fair amount about firearms and he asked me how I knew about the G18 then cause according to him, not even 30% of LEO knew about it then. I didn't believe him then and I don't believe him now. Too much info out here about it not to know. :) And I gotta agree with TEAK, I need these guns too. :cool: Hehe, okay so don't "need" but I definately want one at least. ;) ;I

8. Rover

Rover Unreconstructed

Thanks for the info and (especially the pictures Glockster_James).

I have known about the model 18 for many years, but have never seen one until now.

Have any idea why the top of the slide is cut out in front of the rear sight?

Like you (and I'm sure a lot of other people), I would like one too.;)

9. Glockster_James

If you look in the clip of the modified 19 (not done by Glock and no slide cutouts) the last shell casing jammed in the gun. Its been my understanding that Glock had to reduce the weight of the slide with the ported barrel in order to keep it cycling as fast as it does reliably without causing the jams. Other than that I can't see why else they would want a lighter slide. It just all ties into making the slide cycle fast and reliably feeding and ejecting I believe. :) Hopefully I'm not too far off. Hehe. ;I

10. matt3310

matt3310 who me???

i saw one the other day, i almost bought it.

then i woke up.
    ;f ;f

11. Glockster_James

matt3310, ;N Hehe, reminds me of when I was 13 years old, saw an UZI in the gun shop for $400 and tried convincing my dad that we "NEEDED" it for deer hunting. :cool: For some odd reason he didn't see it my way though. :1 ;I

12. matt3310

matt3310 who me???

id buy an uzi for $400 even if my dad said no!!!hehehe

13. Glockster_James

Just thought I'd say that after watching the clip over and over and over, even in slow mo, I am in agreeance that there is a "kicker" in place. Saw a few pictures of them and the more I look at it the more I'm sure you're right thats whats going on here. :) ;I

14. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

if it was a legal 18, why is his face covered???

also, if you look close, after he fires the 2nd mag, he tilts the gun to the right and you can see that the mag isn't emoty yet.

still neat to watch, though!

15. Guest

I love a "good" conspiracy theroy now and then. Too bad I don't see one here.

Perhaps this is FED and the video is done keeping his identity conceled.

How many Glock 18s have you shot to come up with this accessment?

The "kicker" is legal in Europe and a common shop item over there.

And you have never an auto pistol jam before either? Hmmmm.

Have a nice day. [​IMG]

The pic shows a round jammed in the ramp of the chamber area.

16. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Because so many nitwits immediately jump to the conclusion it is illegal. My FFL has 6 of those devices, they are all 100% legal and registered, but I too would never allow my face to be shown on the Internet shooting one. Not worth the hassle.

17. pfrigm

pfrigm

I love 'um too, unfortunately, I DO see one here (although I'm not jumping to conclusions yet as to its meaning). It certainly isn't impossible that the person in question is in law enforcement, but then why is the video posted in a personal web space from MidcoNet (Go to www.midco.net and you get redirected to a page that has information about personal web pages.) Basically, the person who "owns" this video paid for a web space from MidcoNet and is using that space to post pictures and videos, but no index web site that links to that page (only a title page). If you take off the last part of the URL (the video part), you get a directory listing of some images as well as the video.

SO... you have someone posting a video in a personal web space that you can't find out who they are (unless you get a warrant or some other court means of forcing MidcoNet to release the name of a customer). That same person also doesn't provide a link to this video from some other page (how did you find this, silencer?). All this leads to the idea that the person posting it doesn't necessarily want you to know who he is.

Now, that doesn't mean that you aren't correct, it just seems like this would an awfully strange (and irresponsible) way for a "Fed" to post this video. Even if its a Fed, I doubt he is the one posting it.

18. KarlPMann

KarlPMann UZI DUDE.

Boy, if my dad did that to me I'd traded him in on a new one.;f ;a ;f My mom bought me my first AR15 when I was 16. It got RDIAS'd when I was old enough. Karl.

19. glockboy9mm

glockboy9mm Meangreen34

These are post-ban FFL ONLY, LEO letter head Glock 18 pistols, right?

Are you talking about the whole pistol or just the "kicker" device?

I have and you can too, shoot a converted Glock 17 pistol to shoot fullauto at the Knob Creek here in Kentucky. I've seen a REAL G18 fired here also.

http://www.machinegunshoot.com/

Plus you can fire all kinds of other FA weapons all you need is $$$$ and the time to make a trip here.

It really is not that big a deal.

;c ;f

20. high ground

high ground