GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
OMG...so many things to say...

1) obviously good on the citizen for helping

2) he may not have had to shoot the guy if the jackass recording the incident had offered to help the other citizen instead of playing youtube hero and screeching like a girl

3) our society today....the camera guy is surprised that you get shot when you're on top of a uniformed officer pummeling him...wtf

4) theres apparently 2 people there who aren't members of BLM

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
dropping his gun:

I think the citizen did what he felt he had to do, but I don't think he was OK w/ shooting another person and was distraught, hence why he walked away and dropped the gun.

Obviously not a good idea to drop your firearm, and also even more so to introduce a live firearm up for grabs in an unsecure scene, but I think my above statement is why he dropped it.

No amount of training can really prepare you for actually shooting someone.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Probably a good idea not to be standing there holding a weapon when police are responding...I would unload and put it down, if I was thinking clearly.

·
Problem Solver
12,744 Posts
Probably a good idea not to be standing there holding a weapon when police are responding...I would unload and put it down, if I was thinking clearly.
Key point, thinking clearly. After just shooting a man, I don't think this guy was thinking clearly.

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
Because other cops are on their way.

ETA: Or, you work for Yeager and you are about to do a demonstration of how you can drop and grind a Glock into the ground. :whistling:
umm actually I think re holster would be most appropriate. The cop on scene (who was aided) clearly knows the shooter is a "friendly"...seems people think the responding officers are gonna show up and just start hosing down any possible threats

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
Why would you ever drop your firearm?

Frankly, no. I would lay it down and stand near to ensure no one else touches it.

This guy did a marvelous job of protecting those that protect us. Most that believe in law and order will stand by their police force. He who hesitates is lost.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
...because a ton of folks just have a gun in their car and don't wear a holster.

The answer is he was overwhelmed by the situation.

I suspect he could probably kick the bad guy like a kickball and end it.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Awesome. We need to see videos like this every day.

Kudos to the citizen, and kudos to the news fro actually putting something out there that is positive about gun ownership and carrying.
Now, if they had only spent the five minuted to run the video through some stabilization software...

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
OMG...so many things to say...

1) obviously good on the citizen for helping

2) he may not have had to shoot the guy if the jackass recording the incident had offered to help the other citizen instead of playing youtube hero and screeching like a girl

3) our society today....the camera guy is surprised that you get shot when you're on top of a uniformed officer pummeling him...wtf

4) theres apparently 2 people there who aren't members of BLM
Add this to your list.

5) Russell had a handgun permit and won't face charges. WTF!

6) All the white men have been well trained to be spectators. Victory for BLM!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts