Video: New Mexico shooting at statue.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by bigj480, Jun 16, 2020.

1. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

Not much info yet. Shooter did try to retreat but was attacked.

Warning, shooting and language!

Shooting shortly after 6:30 timestamp.
    https://streamable.com/k395q5

Different angle and closer.
    https://streamable.com/p8l0c0

Supped still image just before the shooting. [click]

shoot.png

Statements from officials. [click]
    statement.jpg

BengalBacker likes this.
  2. B C

B C

3. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

Just curious if the statue was hit or injured?? People should be very careful when doing such foolishness as you never know:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

Shoot I searched but you posted a few mins before I did. I would have just posted in your head had I seen it. The mayor cares about his reelection and our political opponents are actually pressuring politicians very strongly to get in line...unlike us. They will make this out as a case of crazy gun people in the media.

B C likes this.
  5. B C

B C

No worries, yours has more info. This is about making defending yourself from mob rule, illegal. They said they were going to kill him and it sure seemed like the mob was intent on harming him.

6. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

I'm hoping it was them that said that and not him. I don't think it was him.

B C likes this.
  7. BobbyS

BobbyS Truth always sounds like lies to a sinner

these idiot mayors and PD chiefs need some really good lawsuits against them. give them something to do besides ***k up everything

Quijibo, happyguy, n2g and 2 others like this.
  8. B C

B C

It sounded like someone next to the person filming in the second video link.

happyguy and bigj480 like this.
  9. nursetim

nursetim

They were screaming that he was a cop. Showed they were intent on harming him.

spork, happyguy and B C like this.
  10. BlueBacker

BlueBacker Previously BengalBacker

The girl was like OMG, he shot somebody!
    What The Hell do you expect when you chase him down the street swinging skateboards at him, then tackle him?

11. Deltic

Deltic

Have you ever wondered what is the opposite of a Mensa meeting?

willie_pete, jmm701, Quijibo and 5 others like this.
  12. B C

B C

Look how they try to paint this story

Covering for violent "protestors" while also making it about race.

z2E3Ur7.jpg

bigj480 and BengalBacker like this.
  13. nursetim

nursetim

Oh oh oh, I know this one! An antifa/blm meeting! What did I win?

14. nursetim

nursetim

Looks like the unfirearmed protesters, won the encounter for the statue. But, and I think this is a valuable learning opportunity, don’t bring a skateboard to a gun fight.

jmm701, Quijibo, Bus007 and 3 others like this.
  15. Deltic

Deltic

They were protesting a statue of this guy. It seems to me that after almost 800 years of fighting Muslim invaders the Spanish had a definite cruel streak. They learned the wrong lessons from the Muslims.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_de_Oñate

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  16. Deltic

Deltic

I think the reason they choose the skateboard is they can try to claim it is not a weapon. While it is IMO a clumsy weapon it has definite skull breaking potential.
    [​IMG]

Jade Falcon, B C and nursetim like this.
  17. Teufelhunden71

Teufelhunden71

Yeah, if he wasn't armed it would have been another video of a mob of people overwhelming and beating a single person. I've seen way too many of those recently.

And does this make them feel tough, or that they've achieved some sort of "justice"? 15 people against one?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jmm701, spork, nursetim and 2 others like this.
  18. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

Looks the shooter is being condemned as a militia member vigilante that won't be tolerated by the government and the media.

So basically the mob is in full control of our country right now folks.

19. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

Looks like the guy in question instigated this. It is quite clear from this video where he assaults an unarmed woman half his size, that he went there to pick a fight. Yes you have a right to self defense, but don't go picking a fight with a mob, then wonder when they attack you. Watch the video below for more context.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFrea...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Not justifying the mob chasing this guy... but to me this is akin to going into a biker bar, punching a biker in the nose, then claiming self-defense when they come after you.

This guy is NOT the kind of carrier that represents us gun folks well.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    K. Foster and bigj480 like this.
  20. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

This actually makes it an interesting case IMHO. I even find it hard to know where I stand on this issue now. There are 3 instances highlighted in that thread. Ignoring the main one for a second, there is an instance where he is being pushed by multiple people and he pushes someone putting their hands on him. There is another instance where he knocks someone's sign out of their hands. Neither of these I think would remove his right to claim self-defense IMHO. It is a really strange case though, because there are likely many aggressors and it's hard to know how the "chain of aggression" is relevant in that situation. What if all of these people had pushed him first at some point? What if he pushed these people an hour or two earlier, would that remove is right to self-defense?

Anyway, the main issue is the woman he throws to the ground right before he starts to walk away. I would love to see the actual law regarding losing one's right to claim self-defense in NM. The lady was preventing him from walking forward but that doesn't excuse what he did. The most interesting part of this is if you push someone down do people then have the right to chase you down and assault you with a deadly weapon like a skateboard? I don't really see how that logically follows. If they were actively defending someone by assaulting him, I could understand it, but as he is trying to leave? It seems like a job for police at that point. At that point, it's about charging him with a crime, not about safety. Could they argue they were trying to make a citizen's arrest by assaulting him? Really, I think my stance is that the guy is guilty of assault for what he did to the girl but I don't think they were right in assaulting him after the fact and I do think he was acting in self-defense. That's my current position but I'm open to someone addressing these points.