·
Dixie Rebel
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Keystone Cop
2,145 Posts
If this was in PA then:

The Pennsylvania Vehicle code, section 3720. Snow and ice dislodged or falling from moving vehicle.

"When snow or ice is dislodged or falls from a moving vehicle and strikes another vehicle or pedestrian causing death or serious bodily injury as defined in section 3742 (relating to accidents involving death or personal injury), the operator of the vehicle from which the snow or ice is dislodged or falls shall be subject to a fine of not less than $200 nor more than $1,000 for each offense."

I don't see how this would apply though because no accident and or injury resulted from the event. Reckless Endangerment perhaps?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Would I pull him over? Negative! That's just good sport if you ask me. Takes some good timing to crap on the patrol car in the next lane 200 feet behind you. You win this round, 18 wheel man... :rofl:

·
Registered
32,189 Posts
Call the commercial enforcement guys over. IF a guy is a big enough of a dick to drive with that much snow on top the rest of his rig is probably a mess.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Without a doubt. I'd start with unsafe motor vehicle and pen whip him into failure to secure load (he's hauling it, it's his!). While doing this I'd be on phone hunting for closest Safety Enforcement unit to run by and check his dipstick.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Maybe one of the NJ guys could clarify, but here it's illegal. This winter a law was passed to clear off the roof of your car in the snow. Not sure how it applies to large commercial trucks like that though.

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
In NJ failure to clean a private vehicle is a 200 to 500 dollar fine and failure to clean a commercial vehicle is a 500 to 1500 dollar fine. There is also a charge in cases that it contributed to an accident, or injuries.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
In NJ failure to clean a private vehicle is a 200 to 500 dollar fine and failure to clean a commercial vehicle is a 500 to 1500 dollar fine. There is also a charge in cases that it contributed to an accident, or injuries.
Out of curiousity are you able to link to the section, or at least define "clean?"

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts