Video Gang Gun fight outside store - Chicago

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Sharky7, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

2. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Start watching from the 1:00 minute mark.

3. CAcop

CAcop

What a dump.

4. Ajon412

Ajon412

Yes, interesting....Doesn't this want to make you move to Chi Town??? :rofl:

5. silverdet

silverdet

Do you expect anything different!

6. Morris

Morris CLM

Doesn't the prez proudly hail from there? :whistling:

7. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

He organized that hood. Now, he's organizing America.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  8. Kahr_Glockman

Kahr_Glockman

Okay, does anyone see the terrifying facts that I do?

You have two 'hood rats shooting it out with each other but what is disturbing to me is that both did several things right.

1. Both stayed mobile. While they could not get hits that is likely due to the fact that both were moving.

2. Both used cover and concealment to their advantage to keep from being shot. Wether that was intentional or not they used better tactics than we do most of the time. Most police officers stand up and trade rounds like they do at the range.

I believe that it was either Sam Spade or SPDSKI that said that we needed to start training more to not let our skills from faded or dulling. I have to admit that for the most part I am not training on a regular basis and am guilty of that.

While this video is funnyin that no one was shot(baddies or otherwise) it reinforces that we have to do several things:

1. Use cover/concealment to our advantage.

2. Practice shooting while moving.

3. Be aware of your surroundings.

4. Be able to use your equipment.

5. Be aware of you and your equipments limitations.

Some of these are a no **** Sherlock kind of thing but you all know someone who doesn't follow these things.

Stay Safe all.

9. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Good review, if they fight like that against each other they are going to fight like that against us.

I also think too many people only worry about being a good shot or carrying the best gear. Being in good shape, being agile, thinking quickly on your feet, being dynamic, using cover and concealment, quick target acquisition, and good training and practice are definitely going to help you out in addition to being a good shot and carrying good gear.

Whenever I read posts outside of the Coptalk forum I get the feeling some people only expect a gun fight to go as they imagine one would go in their head or they saw on TV.

10. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Don't laugh, those guys will be the command staff of the new Civilian Security Force for the Pretender-In-Chief.

11. silverado_mick

silverado_mick

This wasn't either one of these guy's first time at the rodeo. Kahr_Glockman hit the nail on the head, we have a tendancy to want to stand there bathed in white light and slug it out toe to toe. It takes training and practice to break those bad habits, and unfortunately most admins won't see the need for it.

12. Straight Pipe

Straight Pipe

I cannot believe that the Officers conducting that investigayion didn't think they had enough probable cause to make an arrest with the eye-witness testemony of three witnesses. A fresh out-of-the-academy-rookie could have put that case together. If that is the kind of incompetence that infest the Chicargo Police Department they need to clean house from the top down.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  13. nikerret

nikerret Mr. Awesome

Didn't do everything right.

The guy by himself should have already had his gun loaded, if in fact he was loading his gun.

What happened to the second shooter? The one who was closest to the business door. He fired a few shots and wasn't seen anymore.

14. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

I wouldn't put your stock in some yahoo's comments on youtube

15. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

That's the guy that did MORE right. The best way to win a gunfight is to avoid one, or at least get out of it as soon as possible. Using his partner for a diversion, he beat feet...

Not such an acceptable tactic for the good guys (using your partner for a diversion...)

Randy

16. CBennett

CBennett

Best results would have been they ALL received mortal wounds and died later.

17. CAcop

CAcop

I'd be willing to bet it was the DA that punted. That is based off the stuff I have read over at Second City Cop.

18. BleedNOrange

BleedNOrange Go Vols

I agree some and disagree some.. Most Depts (I know mine does) train to create distance and to seek cover and/or concealment. I helped out during an active shooter scenario with sim gear awhile back and pretty much everybody including the old guys and gals got the heck out of the way. It's an instictual type action and training just solidifies it. The shooter in the blue jacket(shooting at car) did a very stupid action IMO he actually went toward the car and towards a concealed shooter. VERY stupid action. Any officer I know would have ran to cover NOT ran towards the car.

19. Bullman

Bullman Deranged Deputy

What shocks me about this is....... That handguns are not legal in Chicago, how can they have this sort of gun violence there, it is against the law to carry a gun :steamed:

20. jpa

jpa CLM

I went to grammar school about 2 miles away from there.