close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Video explaining problems (it's the extractor, not RSA)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Wizz, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Wizz

Wizz

I wonder if Glock will ever give up their dime-pinching MIM extractor. This is the most informative video out: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7aCYMCti0Y"]All your Glock Gen 4 pistol questions answered! - YouTube[/ame]

2. SJ 40

SJ 40 Deplorable,Clinger

One of his comments was he said is Glock buys their extractors from a company called MiM and they are garbage.MiM isn't a company is is a metal process, metal injection molding.
    Last I knew UPS,FedX was 50.00 for over night on a handgun. SJ 40

3. Wizz

Wizz

I caught that too...I assumed he simply slipped up by accident

4. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

From the way he said it, it sounded like plain ignorance. Still the point is correct, so, whatever.

When it comes to his descriptions of what customers can demand of GLOCK to remedy their GEN4 ejection issues (demanding they shoot 500 rounds, demanding replacement) that's more of a grey area than he made it sound.....and I seriously doubt GLOCK will fire 500 rounds to verify issues.

5. eaglefrq

eaglefrq NRA Member

Update #2: Just received word from my inside source that if you replace the extractor spring assembly (which doesn't void your warranty btw) with an aftermarket assembly such as the ones Whitetown Defense or Lone Wolf sells, then it solves the erratic ejection for 98% of all "faulty" Glocks, no replacement of other parts needed!

This was in the comments section. I have no idea who Whitetown Defense is. I googled it and the only reference was his video on YouTube. He also said a Glock armorer had to replace the extractor or it would void your warranty. But, you can replace the extractor spring assembly w/o voiding your warranty. Seems a little contradictory to me.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  6. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Buuuuuuuuuull sheet! Just an ad to sell crap.:steamed:

7. MNBud

MNBud

This guys a clown :whistling:
    P.S. buy a razor!

8. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

9. 8th ID

8th ID

I wanna know where this 'company' MIM is located so I can send them some hate mail:rofl:!!!

Also what is an ejector 'pin':dunno:

So, if this guy knows someone at Smyrna, he's telling me that Glock has tried Lone Wolf extractors in their pistols.:whistling:

I know there are problem Gen4's out there, but I don't believe this guy has the answer. Heck, I didn't even see any proof that he owns a Glock, or any pistol for that matter.

BTW, my Gen4 G19 has been flawless:cool:

10. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

I think it is "WhiteSOUND" Defense or something similar, IIRC. I remember someone posting about it last year. I think the whitesound extractor assembly had the components reversed from the Glock OEM. That is, the metal rod contacted the back plate and the nylon contacted the extractor. Like I said -- I think...but that sounds like a bad design idea, IMO.

Not that that makes any real difference, but it should be easier to search.

11. Wizz

Wizz

The MIM extractors are basically throw-aways...a properly made extractor should be machined. Lightening the spring and using a newly designed ejector is just a band-aid for their real problem...the new/cheaper cost MIM extractors.

Sounds like the new super light springs combined with the new ejector have cured the issues that the new extractor is causing...unfortunately they are not putting the updated ejector into the current production Gen 3 pistols.

12. Mike Bell

Mike Bell

Yikes...its better to not know what your talking about and keep quite, then to think you know and put it on youtube for all the world to see that you dont know what your talking about.

13. Radian

Radian

BTW MIM is used in aerospace applications like the Trident D3 upgrades by people with effectively limitless resources (ie to deliver thermonuclear weapons after re-entry into the atmosphere), its used in control surfaces by both Boeing and airbus on airframes you fly on.

The sloppiest, cheapest, Chinese 4 axis cnc machine can mill a part so far beyond the tolerances required by a handgun its absurd.

Crappy CMM can measure so many points right of what really matters to a handgun it takes willful stupidity to put parts out of spec in a range that a pistol cares about.

MiM is like concrete or epoxy, quality determined by the mix.

Stuff breaks, the internet magnifies it.

14. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member