Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bathed in lavender and gasoline
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to edit some videos so I can post them to Youtube.

What editing software would you suggest?

·
3,251 Posts
what kind of editing? for trimming clips and then joining stuff together, freemake is good. if you need more in depth editing, Magix Video Pro X is good stuff.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I've had Cyber Link Power Director for a few years. Does a good job, does take some effort initially.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Pinnacle is a good package.

One request: don't format to 4K Ultra-high surround 3D resolution. Some of us don't have 1GB fiber drops. Smaller is MUCH better!

·
NRA Life Member
5,398 Posts
Camtasia is another great one - and it will allow you to record your desktop which can be handy... If you have any Powerpoint skillz, it will capture the presentation very easily!

The impressive part is that Camtasia 9 renders *insanely* fast so that you can use your computer more effectively (reduced render time means "return to work" faster)

right now it's about $199 for new folks, the upgrade cost me $99, and I've done at least 3 upgrades over the past 7 years.

I've used Pinnacle, Adobe Premier, Windows Movie Maker... and this beats them all.

Just depends on what you want to do, but this goes up against some very high end packages, and I think the rendering update makes Camtasia 9 the goto choice.

Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to take raw video and import for a business to produce explainer videos or reviews. Could easily use it to start a business.

Hope that helps...

·
Registered
27,990 Posts
I use Avidemux under Linux... never used the Windows version though. Like most things Linux, it has a bit of a learning curve, but once I got the hang of it I like it a lot.

·
local trouble maker
9,139 Posts
If you are using windows start with Windows Movie Maker. It is free and may do everything you need or want to do.
Save the buying for when you are sure that making youtube videos is something that you want to spend the time and money on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts