close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

*Video* 23 Interesting Seconds (?)

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ULVER, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ULVER

ULVER Dixie Rebel

My guess is A-hole on a rice-rocket, PO'ed an off-duty po-po. Note: The marked squad pulling up at the very end.:supergrin:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=99f_1268783676

I used to see a lot of these cameras, on riders that liked to do stoooopid things, and film them. Sometimes they filmed their own demise!

2. Gangrel

Gangrel

Seeing as how the squad was already there and the bike was next to the car, I'm thinking the bike was trying to flee the squad and the off duty cop blocked him with his door.

3. PROSOUTH

PROSOUTH

Yeah, they do have a tendency to take themselves from the gene pool quite often don't they. I hate to hear a call come out with a motorcycle involved in a crash with injury. It usually ain't pretty and especially when a Crotch Rocket is involved.

We worked two last year that required a firetruck to wash the small rider parts off of the road that we couldn't pick up. The one I worked was a crotch rocket that was running over a hundred on the back wheel, per witness, and lost control when it came down, crossed the median and the rider went under an oncoming van.

The rider was on his way back from the clerk's office where he was buying a tag for it.

I can see a POP in this video.:whistling:

4. rookie1

rookie1

I am also thinking there is more to this. The marked car was there too fast making me beleive that they were chasing this clown or something else was going on. If I was working and pulled up on a guy with a gun out there would be a lot of yelling going on and a long gun pointed his direction.

5. Derrin33

Derrin33

Great point Rookie1. I did happen to see the man's badge as he reholstered his weapon.

6. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash

Maybe it was an admin car or an unmarked

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

One CCW'er with a CCW badge could have prevented this.

8. Souper Phly

Souper Phly

9. wct097

wct097

That's pretty normal, at least for any experienced rider with any sense of self preservation. He certainly wasn't running. As best I can tell all he did was accelerate hard (maybe a small wheelie 2 second wheelie?) in the right lane for a few seconds.

I'm not a LEO so I don't know what standard practice is, nor do I know any back story leading up to this, but jumping out of an unmarked car, without a uniform on, with your gun in hand seems a bit excessive for a minor traffic violation. I'd be walking my bike backwards as well if someone did that to me.

Just to clarify, I'm not a proponent of acting stupid on a crowded public road, nor am I anti-LEO.

10. Pepper45

Pepper45

Well, let's see.... Several unsafe lane changes, one speed run, wheelie, I'm thinking I'd have enough for reckless driving, which is an arrestable offense. Couple that with the speed (if it was in excess of 100mph), which is another arrestable offense, and couple that with the common practice of sportbike riders trying to outrun the police, then you have a reason he was stopped quickly, and safely. Whether or not the cop was behind him for 5 seconds, or 5 minutes, it doesn't matter. They avoided a pursuit, and no one got hurt. No harm, no foul.

11. wct097

wct097

It's somewhat shocking to see a man not identifiable as a LEO jumping out of an unmarked vehicle with a gun drawn for what amounts to little more than a traffic infraction. Would it be reasonable to react the same way with a 16y/o texting and changing 3 lanes at 80mph on the interstate? Arguably more dangerous to others than anything a cyclist could do.

While not being a proponent of motorcyclists acting like idiots on the street, the riding in the video is far less of a concern to me than half of the dumb drivers I encounter on a daily basis.

12. imaguy3

imaguy3

You can see his badge on his right side belt... he might have verbally identified as well, there's no sound.

The gun was probably drawn b/c they didn't know why this guy was riding the way he was, maybe they thought he was trying to flee from something?

In Az. reckless driving is a criminal offense and you can be booked for it...

13. Pepper45

Pepper45

When high-speed sport bike riders flee about 75% of the time in my area, if an unmarked can shut it down, great. We're often faced with the option of simply allowing whatever sport bike riders want to do, as there is no chance of stopping them once they hit an open highway. Last time I checked, most sport bikes were easily capable of 150+, and my CVPI is limited to 128. Not to mention the danger of the pursuit itself, even if we could keep up. They also know that it's next to impossible to read their plates unless we're right on top of them. Add in the license plate holders in front of the tire, or tipped on edge, and we won't see the plate until they crash or we catch them. The only other option, is to stop them quickly, and if the officer thinks anything is going to break bad, they stop them VERY quickly.

I don't screw around with them anymore. If they kill themselves or someone else, it's on them. I can't catch them, and I don't have the resources to devote to it.

14. polizei1

polizei1 It WAS Quack

There is sound on the first video, though it's not loud and you have to turn up your speakers. He does identify himself as an LEO.

-Cody

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

1504 South 7th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55454
    Meh, no hat, bad stop.

16. wct097

wct097

I have zero tolerance for riders that run from the police. Let'm wreck, or nightstick 'em when you catch 'em. That said, unless you know of something that's not in the video and would like to share it, I'm sticking by my opinion that the rider wasn't running from anyone.

17. Hunca Munca

Hunca Munca nonplussed

Marked car is Maryland State police.

I am thinking that first officer is either off duty/UC/admin trooper...

18. Morris

Morris CLM

They aren't worth it. Especially off duty. The who behaviors of off duty/plain clothes made me shake my head.

I just wait for the skids and inevitable crash. Easy enough to catch them then.

19. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

You can see the marked car turning around on him at about 1:05 on the left side of the screen. He checks up, gets waaaaay slow, and then gets back up to "above the flow of traffic speed. Also seems a lot more intent on his mirrors after that. Especially around 2:30-3:00 as he takes the off-ramp. Seems like he's looking to see if they're still following.

My money says that the cop in the Malibu was behind him in traffic, saw the jackassery, and called him in. When the bike stopped at the light, the cop in the Malibu (who should have known that the marked car was right behind him decided to do what he did. Right, wrong, or otherwise, there was no further pursuit and the gun was put away immediately after compliance.

20. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

Pops a wheely.......
    Driving at well above the speed limit.........
    Cutting between a car and an SUV..........
    Inconsistent lane positioning.................
    The dive from the left lane to the off-ramp........
    Not a single turn signal..........................
    It even looked like he almost forgot to turn at the top of the off-ramp.......