close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Victory Motorcycles Unveils 2010 Vegas LE

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Smashy, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Smashy

Smashy

Victory Motorcycles unveiled what it hails as its ‘quickest motorcycle ever produced’ in New York today at the IMS. The 2010 Vegas Limited Edition (LE) is the first Vegas model to run with Victory’s Freedom 106/6 Speed V-Twin. Throw in a 6 mm-longer stroke, Stage 2 cams and almost 100cc more power to play with and you’ve got a Vegas that should really romp. To add to its sporty demeanor, Victory jazzed up the Vegas LE with racing stripes down its fenders and tank and added a 106 race plate graphic.

[​IMG]

Victory claims that the 2010 Victory Vegas Limited Edition motorcycle is “the leanest and meanest Victory ever offered. Featuring the Freedom106/6 with Stage 2 cams, the Vegas LE pumps out 97 hp and 113 lb-ft of torque and features a Bonneville Salt Flats-inspired paint scheme.”

[​IMG]

Production of the 2010 Vegas LE is limited to 100 motorcyles. Ordering opens on January 22 and runs until February 15, 2010. The Vegas LE’s will come numbered from the factory as each features a limited edition plate on the engine. Buyers get to choose from one of four color schemes when ordering - Fire Ball Red, Competition Yellow,Pearl White, or Turbo Silver. Interested parties can log on to www.victorymotorcycles.com/vegasLE/ for more details.

[​IMG]

“We wanted to honor racers that have brought Victory Motorcycles to the Bonneville Salt Flats,” says Victory Product Manager Gary Gray. “Bonneville is one of the most harsh racing environments on the planet, and racers such as Gregor Moe, Laura Klock of Klock Works, Matt Waring of MBW and others have helped show the potential of our motorcycles to the world. So we started with our lightest bike and our largest most powerful engine and added a Limited Edition paint scheme to create a unique motorcycle, plus we priced it aggressively.”

[​IMG]

The Victory Vegas LE features:

Limited Edition Salt Flats Inspired Paint Scheme
    Victory’s baddest Freedom 106/6 with Stage 2 cams
    Each of the 100 vehicles is numbered from the factory
    Big 106 race plate graphic on the sides
    Color-matched frame and swingarm
    Blacked-out forks, engine, and other bits
    Passenger seat and pegs included (not shown in press images)

Engine – 4-stroke 50-degree V-Twin
    Cooling – Air/oil
    Displacement – 106 cubi-inch / 1731cc
    Bore/Stroke – 101 X 108mm
    Compression Ratio – 9.4:1
    Valve Train – Single overhead camshafts with 4 valves per cylinder self-adjusting cam chains, hydraulic lifters
    Fuel System – EFI w/ 45mm throttle body
    Fuel Capacity – 4.5 gal.
    Oil Capacity – 5.0 qts.
    Primary Drive – Gear Drive w/torque compensator
    Clutch – Wet, multi-plate
    Transmission – 6-speed overdrive constant mesh
    Final Drive – Carbon Fiber reinforced belt
    Front Suspension – 43mm fork, 5.1 in. travel
    Rear Suspension – Preload adjustable spring, 3.0 in. travel
    Front Brake – 300mm floating rotor w/ 4-piston caliper
    Rear Brake – 300mm floating rotor w/2-piston caliper
    Wheels – Front 21 x 2.15 in. Rear 18 x 5. 5 in.
    Tires – Front 90/90 21 Dunlop Elite 3, Rear 180 55-B18 Dunlop D417
    Length – 96 in.
    Wheelbase – 66.3 in.
    Seat Height – 25.2 in.
    Ground Clearance – 5.3 in.
    Rake/Trail – 32.9-degrees/4.9 in.
    Dry Weight – 645 lbs
    MSRP - $15,999

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/645/5...ictory-Motorcycles-Unveils-2010-Vegas-LE.aspx

2. okie

okie GT Mayor

I like that:wow:

3. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

That is a nice looking cycle.

4. 1811guy

1811guy Formerly1811guy2

They look cool. Every Victory dealership I have seen open closed with in 6 months unless it was anchored to another dealership. I hope they manage to stay afloat in the current economy.

5. speedsix

speedsix

Best looking Victory I have seen yet.

I predict Victory goes under in a few years and HD will be HURTING BAD soon. The baby boomers are starting to get too old to ride and that is who tends to buy these cruisers.

If I owned HD, I would have sold it two years ago. That was the peak of the cruise market. It is all down hill from here. Fewer and fewer people want a chrome plated couch to ride around on. The younger gen wants performance and handling.

6. captcurly

captcurly

Sorry, it does not work for me.

7. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

does not fancy me a bit , but atleast its not a harley ba da bom tish !!!!!

8. robbcayman

robbcayman

I think you're on to something. However, Warren Buffet did loan them quite a bit of money to stay afloat and he's normally right.

With that said, it will be interesting to see if the younger generation picks up the cruiser tradition.

9. BEER

BEER bad example

i know 3 guys that ride victories and all 3 of them can't praise the brand enough, they claim their victories are mechanically bulletproof. if i'm ever back in the market for another cruiser i'll be looking for a victory.

10. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

The best thing about a Victory motorcycle is that it isn't a Harley. :supergrin:

11. norton

norton

They will if they keep riding. Your knees, back and wrists will be sorely taxed when you hit 50+ on Ricky Racers.

FnFalMan will soon be posting pic's of old dudes riding sport bikes.:supergrin:

12. Southpaw69

Southpaw69

If you ride a sport bike properly, there is no stress on your knees, back or wrists. The only people i've ever heard complain about it didn't know how to ride.

13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

For some of us, the older we get, the faster we like to go. We don't intend to go gentle into the good night.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Jonesee

Jonesee

LOL, sorry you are not being totally honest. Before my current bike I had a GSXR. It was much less comfortable than the Super Glide I ride now.

If you want to put your money where your mouth is, tell us what sport bike you own and ride. We will fill and ride until one of us gives out. Loser pays for the trip. Cruisers and tourers, all makes not just HD, are made for comfort and cranking out long days of miles and miles. The sport bike basic design is for speed and not comfort and 800 mile 1 day runs.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  15. CharlestonG26

CharlestonG26

My personal favorite Victory is the "Hammer S".

[​IMG]

16. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Go to the Aprilia Forum http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums and sign up. Then go challenge a guy with the user name of "novos". He'll take his RSVR and ride with you on your SuperGlide all day long, thousand-miles-whatsit.

Tourers are made to churn out miles and miles in relative comfort. I don't know what cruisers are made to go long distance. Putting weight on one's cocyx (aka tailbone) with the legs all jacked up like visiting a gynecologist ain't exactly a comfortable seating position for long haul.

I'm a slight wuss so no RSVR for me, but I'll take anybody's challenge for long rides. My weapon of choice is my Tuono.

[​IMG]

17. Southpaw69

Southpaw69

It's a 2003 and i find it very comfortable. If you hold your self with your core muscles and don't rest on your wrists or ride with a wierd posture, you'll be fine. I haven't done an 800 mile day, but i've done several 300-400 mile days without problems.

My point wasn't about how far can you go in one day, it was that you won't be physically injured in the long run by riding a bike with a more agressive riding postion....unless you're doing it wrong.

Attached Files:

• 650s.jpg
      650s.jpg
      File size:
      128.7 KB
      Views: