Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday I was out shopping and at Sam's they had some masks... don't remember 10 for $30 or what, but the folded front ones, not N95. I picked up a box to see if they were Chinese... yep. I put them back. I was wearing an N95 and nitrile gloves with a disinfecting wipe in my hand for cleaning my hands and the cart handles.
I still have almost half a 20-pack of 3M N95's that I use for lawn work... lots of dust and pollen! I've had them for a few years.
We have 2 boxes of 5 Victory Masks from Rhoback on the way here... earlier than the projected mid-June date. That will make Wifey happy. These are two-ply with a pocket for optional filter material. These were featured on a Fox program and the money goes to provide PPE for medical personnel, plus there's an American Flag on them: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-h9aBcBbEs/

Reactions: Inyo Tim

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, on the Rhoback Victory Masks... I thought that they were USA made, too, but saw this on that link I posted... in answer to where the masks were made:
"rhoback
@lavenderinspiration we are currently sold out - but are doing our best to see if we can offer more in about two weeks given the amount of emails we are getting. Our company is based in Charlottesville, VA, but the masks are made via our supply chain in South Korea."
At least they're made by an ally, and not the Chinese... IF... the SK didn't farm them out to China! :eek:
This is about the original release:
"
rhoback
We’d like to introduce, The Victory Mask ...available for pre-order (link in bio) to the public in packs of 5 at cost.
Last week, we offered masks only for those on the front lines, but we have decided to continue shifting our production lines to create more masks for the public in light of the CDC’s expected announcement and NYC’s recommendation that everyone wear masks in public.

The name “Victory Mask” is inspired by the Victory Gardens that Americans grew during WWI and WWII to battle food shortages. The American Flag on these masks, is a nod to the strength and resilience of this country.
We’ve made the decision to forgo any profit on these masks, so we can do our small part in supplying as many as we can, across the country. It’s our generation’s turn to step up, wear a mask, and slow the spread of COVID-19.

We will call on volunteers in our local community of Charlottesville, VA to help us fulfill orders from the safety of their homes if we are overwhelmed. And, if any profits are made from shipping costs, etc., we will reinvest this money into the production of more masks which will be donated to healthcare workers on the front line on top of the 500 masks we are donating from the first run. We expect to ship these masks within four weeks from the start of production.

Please note, these are NOT N95 grade nor FDA approved surgical masks. They can, however, be washed, reused, and worn as a protective layer in public (i.e., at grocery stores, on walks) to hopefully help prevent the spread of COVID- 19. We’ve also added an insert into these double layer masks to accommodate a filter for healthcare workers if they have access to them.

Thank you all. Stay safe, and God bless the USA
-Team Rhoback"

·
Banned
547 Posts
"CDC’s expected announcement and NYC’s recommendation that everyone wear masks in public... We’ve made the decision to forgo any profit on these masks."

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We just got our Rhoback Victory Masks. Wifey wants to wash them before we use them. I don't see the need to add any extra filtering. The flag on the mask is a small heat transfer.

The masks are light and comfy with a moldable stiffener in the edge at the top of the nose... fits well. It's much more comfortable and easier to get on and off without having to remove your hat and glasses.

I wear my Kahr hat when I'm out and masked, not this one... don't want to have to show anyone my Kahr. My Glock hats are too recognizable. Most people don't know what Kahrs are.

"Maide in South Korea". :D

Wynn
IMG_9500.JPG
IMG_9501.JPG
IMG_9503.JPG
VictoryMask05222020.JPG

Reactions: Joshhtn

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 3M N95 masks make me look like a chipmunk with stuffed cheeks... and leaves marks if I wear it long. This is MUCH better. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts